What would you do?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Karren_Hutton /img/forum/go_quote.gif You girls are a bunch of softies.... lol Visa versa, in all honesty, if I were dating a woman and she wanted to crossdress as a man, I'd have a big problem with it!!! BIG!!!

Karren

Well it just shows how much more open minded and accepting women can be as opposed to men, in my humble opinion
laughing.gif

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif Id be up for it if I got to do their makeup once in a while I think..

Wouldn't be a problem for me, I love it when women do my makeup ('course it doesn't happen often enough)
laughing.gif

Originally Posted by Ashley /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hm...I'll be honest. If I love him already, I'll probably be more accepting of it. However, if I don't know him too well yet, I might take the relationship more slowly, to see if I can really be okay with it.
But some girls might be different. They might be upset if their SO didn't tell them until several years later. Though I understand it's difficult to tell someone certain things.

Anyway, good luck!!
smile.gif

I agree with this, but also, you do not just go out and tell someone on the first date allll about yourself, that is never a wise thing to do!The best way is to get to know someone, whilst being yourself, but with reservations at first, as we all tend to to I am sure. With time you get to know each other more and more, if you like to cross-dress, this is something imbedded in the person you are, if she likes who you are, she might just see you for who you truly are, and she might have less problems with it. It is difficult to say so, because perhaps it is a thing she did not expect and it will shock or turn her off.

But like with any relationship that consists of pure love, everyone has someone (or a few) out there who are right for them... don't just settle for just anyone
wink.gif

How I would react? I honestly have no idea.

I have had the biggest crush on Jonathan Rhys Meyers of Velvet Goldmine after seeing Velvet Goldmine, so perhaps I would love it, it all depends on the person!

No I agree with you Karren. If I met a girl and told me that she wanted to dress like a man I'd be like NO WAY! It's just something I'm not into.

Originally Posted by Karren /img/forum/go_quote.gif You girls are a bunch of softies.... lol Most women would go screaming and run away... IMHO...
Visa versa, in all honesty, if I were dating a woman and she wanted to crossdress as a man, I'd have a big problem with it!!! BIG!!! So having said that, I totally see why any women who finds out their SO's crossdress's are put off..... And don't blame them one bit!! Wierd attitude for a crossdresser?.... Just call me complicated!! hehe

Karren

Oh if I see a girl that I'd like to get to know a little better and I'm not wearing makeup at the time or anything I always tell her I dress like a female. Thing is, I can never find anyone attracted to me.

Originally Posted by Ohappydayes /img/forum/go_quote.gif You're right I think when I was younger I would definitely have run for the hills. But now I'm a "little" <ahem> lol older and a lot more open. I couldn't date him if he said he was bisexual, but I would be willing to give it a try if he were a crossdresser. Can you imagine? Having a boyfriend that encouraged shopping for clothes and makeup! Sharing stuff would definitely help my wallet! LMAO Oh my goodness! Now you've got me wanting to find a hunk of crossdressing man.
rotfl.gif

It depends on the person. I am bi so i dont think i would care. My ex was bi as well, but VERY masculine, very loud and confident, and he loved to wear ladies clothes on occasion. I think he just did it for attention but the fact that he was keeping no secrets from anyone meant that people had a lot of respect for him.

If your doing it completely in secret, it does kinda come across as being a little weird to a lot of girls. I guess thats the difference maybe. It also does depend on the person your going for. If your going for the superficial ones then you might struggle. If your into the arty types then they might actually encourage it lol.

Whatever you do, try to be confident... and DONT hide it from them. I dont think you'll have too many problems though, just surround yourself with good people
smile.gif

I think you have received some great advice. As you noted, the when is as critical as the what you say... My guess is after 3 or 4 successful dates, maybe that's the time. I'm sure the right time will vary with the person. Have good luck and enjoy the search!

i will say ok,when you love someone it is ok,but if you begin a relation

you need to go slow,you never know how peoples react

All I know is that if you know in your mind and in your heart that crossdressing is something that you like to do and is part of you then I would say you absolutely have to tell them. Maybe not for a while and maybe not after you have been intimate, but at some point they have to know.

If you find that your partner can't accept it and she wants you to change but you can't then i would say the relationship might not work. No one can make you change your behaviour but yourself.

But if you find yourself in a relationship where your partner embraces your desire to crossdress it can be a wonderful thing.

Be also forewarned that women can change their opinion over time.

Originally Posted by Lori_TG /img/forum/go_quote.gif No I agree with you Karren. If I met a girl and told me that she wanted to dress like a man I'd be like NO WAY! It's just something I'm not into. I know if i expected my partner to be open minded enough to accept me then I know i could handle this. Might even be fun in a way.
I just recognized this is quite an old thread but an interesting topic.

I get the impression that a lot of girls here are pretty tolerant of CDs, but probably far fewer would want one as a partner.

kopfkratz.gif

I wouldn't abandon my mate and I wouldn't stop loving him but it would take quite a while for me to adjust and accept it.

Ok I'm sorry but I would freak out and look at him like he was strange. Then I would tell him to lose my number and never call me again.

Tell her! If she can't handle the true you....then it wasn't meant to be....

There's no sense in living a life of lies to make someone else happy. Be true to yourself!

I'd be ecstatic, but maybe it's just because I'm weird. I'm always hoping that one of my male friends will either come out of the closet or tell me they are a cross dresser, I just want an excuse to put make up on someone, haha!

And maybe I'm used to it too? I don't think I would mind dating one, as long as they treated me not much different than any other non-cross dressing boyfriend. But that's just me.

Just ease her into the idea of it slowly. Depending on her personality, it might be a bit shocking for her to hear at first. But if the two of you are going to be together it's important to be honest with one another. If she's worth it, she'll accept you for every aspect of who you are. Good luck with it.

Back