What would you do?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
If a guy told you straight up on a date that he like to cross dress?

Basically I'm beginning to feel a bit lonely and I'd love someone to just go out with on the weekend or talk with at night. Looking for any advice on breaking the news to a potential girl friend.

Hopefully you all wouldn't just run for the hills
unsure.gif

honestly i would have an array reactions , i would probably most likely be cool with it aslong as ol boy kept it at the house while alone or w/ me ... then proceed to be like ok can do your makeup and please let me pick out the outfits.. cuz some guys just cant pick the right stuff!

Well.....I wouldn't mind as long as he kept it private. I don't think I would be comfortable with my Man dressing as a Woman in public. I am not sure I would want to see him dressed up either. I like my Men to be very masculine and fear seeing him dressed as Woman would be a turn-off.

Hm...I'll be honest. If I love him already, I'll probably be more accepting of it. However, if I don't know him too well yet, I might take the relationship more slowly, to see if I can really be okay with it.

But some girls might be different. They might be upset if their SO didn't tell them until several years later. Though I understand it's difficult to tell someone certain things.

Anyway, good luck!!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by aplsmash /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hm...I'll be honest. If I love him already, I'll probably be more accepting of it. However, if I don't know him too well yet, I might take the relationship more slowly, to see if I can really be okay with it.
But some girls might be different. They might be upset if their SO didn't tell them until several years later. Though I understand it's difficult to tell someone certain things.

Anyway, good luck!!
smile.gif

i agree !! just give him a chance and take things slowly
smile.gif

Originally Posted by aplsmash /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hm...I'll be honest. If I love him already, I'll probably be more accepting of it. However, if I don't know him too well yet, I might take the relationship more slowly, to see if I can really be okay with it.

Anyway, good luck!!
smile.gif

I agree too. If its a person that ive come to really like and they tell me that id probably be accepting but it would take sometime. If it was a guy i didnt know very well id probably have the opposite reaction. I dont think i would be comfortable with a man wearing womens clothing but its just my opinion.

I think that I would be a little freaked out, honestly...but if I love the guy, it wouldn't really matter much. If it was someone I didn't know well -- then yeah, I'd probably just walk away =/

I'd probably be ok with it. There's a time and place for everything, though-- if we were out as a couple I might not like it but if we were at home or he was hanging out somewhere it would be ok I think.

Thanks for your thoughts. I suppose you don't really know how you would react until you've been in the situation. Its a very tough question imo.

As you say its about how far the person would want to go with their cross dressing. However I'm encouraged that most say they'd at least give it a shot.
smile.gif

Hmmm, well with my being bisexual I wouldn't care. But that's just me.

Don't let it get to you babe.

Heck, if my hubby said he wanted to dress up as a sheep or a donkey, I would still love him.
biggrin.gif

If I was just dating someone randomly who said he was a cross dresser, I think I would have to be in the situation to really know how I would react.

But if I met a man who was transgendered and actually a woman on the inside, I would *definitely* be interested!

I'd givethe lets be friends talk, it's just not something I'd be into with a boyfriend, a friend, sure, but not a lover.

You girls are a bunch of softies.... lol Most women would go screaming and run away... IMHO...

Visa versa, in all honesty, if I were dating a woman and she wanted to crossdress as a man, I'd have a big problem with it!!! BIG!!! So having said that, I totally see why any women who finds out their SO's crossdress's are put off..... And don't blame them one bit!! Wierd attitude for a crossdresser?.... Just call me complicated!! hehe

Karren

Originally Posted by Claire_CD /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'd love someone to just go out with on the weekend or talk with at night. Are you sure you're looking for a girlfriend? I don't mean that in a mean way, I just think you could have those things with a female friend as well.
smile.gif
Unless you're looking for the romance, too. Then that's fine. lol.
How well do you know this girl? If you know her really well, then she'll be more likely to be accepting of it imo. If you don't know her really well yet, you may want to wait until you get to know her better and ease into it once you're more comfortable with each other.

That's just my opinion, of course.
laughing.gif

Originally Posted by Ohappydayes /img/forum/go_quote.gif You're right I think when I was younger I would definitely have run for the hills. But now I'm a "little" <ahem> lol older and a lot more open. I couldn't date him if he said he was bisexual, but I would be willing to give it a try if he were a crossdresser. Can you imagine? Having a boyfriend that encouraged shopping for clothes and makeup! Sharing stuff would definitely help my wallet! LMAO Oh my goodness! Now you've got me wanting to find a hunk of crossdressing man.
rotfl.gif
LOL Sorry I'm taken!! hehe Too bad my wife didn't feel that way!! SIGH........

Karren

hmm, I wouldnt want to know on a first date, but once I got to know them I'd be a lot more comfortable with it. Basically, i have certain sexual fantasies that I enjoy but would never ever mention on a first date. I'd want to get a feel for how they might react before I'd lay my soul bare like that.

Id be up for it if I got to do their makeup once in a while I think.. I've tried putting eyeliner on some of my boyfriends, but never anything serious... I wouldn't judge but at the same time it's not something I'd find attractive particularly.

Best of luck with your search!

Thanks for all your thoughts. Key seems to be not to early not to late.
laughing.gif
If only it were that simple.

One things for sure...I shouldn't turn up for the date in the same outfit as her.
rotfl.gif

Honestly....I would want to know up front. Like ASAP. I wouldn't want to develop feeling and then end up not being ok with it, that's not fair to anyone.

Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif Honestly....I would want to know up front. Like ASAP. I wouldn't want to develop feeling and then end up not being ok with it, that's not fair to anyone. oh I agree that was one of my main concerns. What I meant by not to early was to pick the moment carefully and not just introduce myself "Hi, I'm a cross dresser". Hopefully I can be a good judge of character.

Originally Posted by Claire_CD /img/forum/go_quote.gif oh I agree that was one of my main concerns. What I meant by not to early was to pick the moment carefully and not just introduce myself "Hi, I'm a cross dresser". Hopefully I can be a good judge of character. Or just always wear one of these Tee Shirts - MagentaStudios - GLBT - Tranny - Crossdressers a pink womens one perferably!! lol Then you won't need an introduction!!!

biggrin.gif

Karren

Latest posts

Back