What's better: MAC Paints or CCB?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liz

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out what is better: MAC Paints or Cream Color Base?

The paints are alright. But I end up wasting some when I have to squeeze it out of the tube. I need it to make the paints stick and stand out. I do have the Urban Decay Primer Potion as the first base.

Paints dont crease. CCBs crease after a few hours. IMHO, Paints are better, but I do love both!
wink.gif

Originally Posted by lizzyb831 I'm trying to figure out what is better: MAC Paints or Cream Color Base?
The paints are alright. But I end up wasting some when I have to squeeze it out of the tube. I need it to make the paints stick and stand out. I do have the Urban Decay Primer Potion as the first base.

Originally Posted by Never2muchMU Paints dont crease. CCBs crease after a few hours. IMHO, Paints are better, but I do love both!
wink.gif
I never knew this. ::makes mental note::
wink.gif

From using both, I think the Paints are good as a base to keep e/s from creasing (although on me, I need astringent too) and the CCB is good for making e/s stand out more. The CCB is creamy, so It creases easily. I would do the paint first, then the CCB over it.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I vote for paints! I hate CCB's... crease, grease city for me!

Paints are awesome though. They dry fast but it doesn't take very long to spread it around anyway.

Originally Posted by wongy74 I vote for paints! I hate CCB's... crease, grease city for me!
Paints are awesome though. They dry fast but it doesn't take very long to spread it around anyway.

Yeah... they are really creamy, so they will crease if you don't use a good primer beforehand. I wipe my lids w/ astringent, then use a primer, THEN the ccb. And its fine after that. On it's own - I'd definitely get the crease. But primed well it will last all day w/o a crease, and makes the shadows really vibrant.
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by LotusGlamGirl Yay, I'm not alone!
tongue.gif
lol Nope! I have to wear a primer/base under them or I'll crease in 10 min. with just CCB alone... even after I use my astringent.
icon_confused.gif

I'll have to pick one up. I don't do my makeup all the time to go out cause i don't go out that often.I just play around and practice a lot here. since i only have the paints to help bring out the color of the e/s, i end up wasting a lot of the paint. so having a pot/pan like the CCB's help cause you're only using as much as you need. And I don't have to worry about it creasing since I don't have my makeup for that long anyways.

Now I just have to figure out what color!

I picked up Fawntastic CCB to use as a base when I'm just playing with my MU.

Does anyone have a problem with the e/s not going on right? am I supposed to let the CCB dry or something

Originally Posted by lizzyb831 I picked up Fawntastic CCB to use as a base when I'm just playing with my MU.
Does anyone have a problem with the e/s not going on right? am I supposed to let the CCB dry or something

I think that you do have to let them dry. How much are you putting on? When I used mine today, I put it on and then I waited like a minute to apply everything else. I could be just me though.

Paints crease one me and i haven't even tried the CCB's for that reason. i just stick to my UD PP cus that is the ONLY thing on me that does not crease.

Yes, make sure it dries and that you have a sheer application! If you cake it on, it'll crease on you.

Originally Posted by Joyeuux Yes, make sure it dries and that you have a sheer application! If you cake it on, it'll crease on you. i've never not let my paints dry. and i don't use much on my finger i use a little bit and rub in well and still i am left with creased shadow.
frown.gif

Just throwing my opinion out there... personally, I've never had a CCB dry... and it creases within 15 minutes!

I do have one CCB in a palette, and to set it, I pat e/s on heavily right after I apply the CCB. It's weird but that's the only way the CCB won't crease on me.

I tried out my CCB yesterday evening.. I used it over my paint and under my eyeshadow but my shadow creased within 1 hour. I'll try what you girls mentioned and hopefully it will work next time
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back