Whats in your Urban Decay Build Your Own Palette?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just received my first BYO Palette, and I'm so excited! I feel like my single shadows will now get so much more use because they are conveniently in a palette. I had 3 old style shadows that I depotted and put in, then I have 3 of the new style that easily popped out. 

This was my first attempt at depotting and I ended up scratching a few of the shadows. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Top row: Walk of shame (comes with the build your own palette), Chase, snatch

Bottom row (depotted old style UD shadows): twice baked, secret service, cherry 

Sorry for the crappy picture, something is up with my phone. 

Anyway, what is in your BYO palette, or what colors would you put in one? 

I haven't invested in one of these yet because I just can't justify buying even more eyeshadow, but mine would probably have Oil Slick, Blackout, Evidence, Loaded, Psychedelic Sister, and Hijack because I only use dark eyeshadows. But honestly, based on those my choices, the Smoked Palette would be a way better deal haha.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just received my first BYO Palette, and I'm so excited! I feel like my single shadows will now get so much more use because they are conveniently in a palette. I had 3 old style shadows that I depotted and put in, then I have 3 of the new style that easily popped out. 

This was my first attempt at depotting and I ended up scratching a few of the shadows. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Top row: Walk of shame (comes with the build your own palette), Chase, snatch

Bottom row (depotted old style UD shadows): twice baked, secret service, cherry 

Sorry for the crappy picture, something is up with my phone. 

Anyway, what is in your BYO palette, or what colors would you put in one? 
Looks like a fingerprint on your camera lens maybe. Mine blur like that when I have prints hehe.

The palette would be half neutrals, half smokey I think. Unless I was feeling crazy then I would pop in all the really bold colors. Yours looks really great!

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Looks like a fingerprint on your camera lens maybe. Mine blur like that when I have prints hehe.

The palette would be half neutrals, half smokey I think. Unless I was feeling crazy then I would pop in all the really bold colors. Yours looks really great!

Yeah, that was what I thought so I wiped it off then everything was blue lol. 

As for the palette, I was glad I had enough colors on hand to fill it that I'd bought because I liked them...they are expensive to fill! I got the palette for free in a flash sale though, so I was more than happy to have a home for my lonely singles hehe. 

Sadly, I haven't bought the BYO palette or enough single eyeshadows to put into it. I'd love to invest in it in the future though (with the help of sales and such - I ended up passing on the flash sale with the free palette earlier this month or last month).

My plan is for it to include Sin, Mushroom, Mildew, Loaded, Blackout and a brown shade (I'm undecided on which one at the moment).

I stocked up on a lot of the older formula UD shadows when they were on sale so that I could justify filling up these palettes without going bankrupt!  I also dented a few of the shadows when I was depotting.  The new formula containers are definitely much easier to pop out.

I believe these are X, Bender, Stray Dog, Mildew, Foxy, and Free Love.

I later moved Bender to one of the four pan palettes I picked up: 

This is Melt (came with palette), Urb, Bender, and YDK.

This is Rock (came with palette), Walk of Shame (came with 6 pan palette), Strip, and Haight.

Yours look super nice lulu! I love that second one. I wish I had stocked up on more old style shadows....and more BYO palettes. I was leery of the concept at first, thinking it was too expensive to fill a palette, but now I'm obsessed. How great is it to have all your fav colors in one place so you can just pick it up and go? I love my naked palette, don't get me wrong, but being able to choose (and change) what colors to take with me is too much fun.

Lulu, I love your palettes! I'll take a pic later, but my BYOP has Toasted, Naked, Half Baked, Roach, Secret Service, and X. I don't reach for it often, but when I do, I love using the colors together.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yours look super nice lulu! I love that second one. I wish I had stocked up on more old style shadows....and more BYO palettes. I was leery of the concept at first, thinking it was too expensive to fill a palette, but now I'm obsessed. How great is it to have all your fav colors in one place so you can just pick it up and go? I love my naked palette, don't get me wrong, but being able to choose (and change) what colors to take with me is too much fun.
I was super skeptical of the BYO palettes initially, but the collector bug in me won out in the end.  I do love the concept of being to switch out shadows and build your own color collections, just wish there was a more economical way to do it. 

**Shakes fist at UD**

Originally Posted by lolaB /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lulu, I love your palettes! I'll take a pic later, but my BYOP has Toasted, Naked, Half Baked, Roach, Secret Service, and X. I don't reach for it often, but when I do, I love using the colors together.
I've been wanting to get Secret Service, but talked myself out of it. 

Walk of Shame – Light nude with a matte finish Last Call – Burgundy purple with some pink hint to it Woodstock – Bright hot pink Stray Dog – Medium Taupe-ish Brown Mildew – Olive green with a hint of bronze Haight – Mermaid blue   I bought this a long long time ago around the end of June and I only paid $75.18

Back