What's on your MP3 player?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As I am sitting here typing away & listening to the Garden State soundtrack on my iPod, it made me wonder...what's on your iPod or MP3 player?

I am always looking to add to my music collection.

tongue.gif

I don't have an MP3 player but on my cd player in my car i'm listening to Daniel Bedingfields "Gonna Get Thru This" album. I don't think he has released anything in the US so you might not be familiar with him

I think what's not on my iPod would be a much easier question to answer! Mostly I find myself listening to playlists I've mad for various moods, although I was listening to Portishead the other day, and They Might Be Giants today.

I have a Dell DJ (like a Ipod) and I have alot of Duran Duran, Prince, Madonna and lots of 80's music!

Originally Posted by Laura I don't have an MP3 player but on my cd player in my car i'm listening to Daniel Bedingfields "Gonna Get Thru This" album. I don't think he has released anything in the US so you might not be familiar with him I have never heard of Daniel Bedingfields. What is his music like?

Originally Posted by Lealabell I think what's not on my iPod would be a much easier question to answer! Mostly I find myself listening to playlists I've mad for various moods, although I was listening to Portishead the other day, and They Might Be Giants today. I like Portishead too. Haven't heard of They Might Be Giants though. I have such an ecletic taste in music that its hard to pin point which one is my fave.

Daniel's album is released in the US, I bought it when it came out. What was it, 2-3 years ago or something? But his sister is OK too. haven't heard many of her songs though.

Originally Posted by Mariposa I like Portishead too. Haven't heard of They Might Be Giants though. I have such an ecletic taste in music that its hard to pin point which one is my fave. I have to say, They Might Be Giants is an acquired taste. I've liked them since they released "Birdhouse in Your Soul" when I was about 10. I think they're most famous for the Malcolm in the Middle theme recently.
Since you like Portishead you ought to try Moloko, and Goldfrapp (unless you already have, if so I apologise profusely).

I've been listening to The Smiths quite a bit recently too.

Originally Posted by Ikealover Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs I love Maps, it's on one of my playlists.

Originally Posted by Ikealover I want to trade songs. Do you know how to give songs to other people? Itunes? Still trying to figure this thing out!? The Killers are dope! One way you can trade songs is by Instant Messenger... as long as you trust the person, then it should be ok.

Just wanted to share with you all that upon recommendation, I bought Daniel Bedingfield "Gotta Get Thru THis" CD and I am really enjoying it. This was the only CD they had at Best buy so I wonder if he has any newer stuff.

Originally Posted by Mariposa Just wanted to share with you all that upon recommendation, I bought Daniel Bedingfield "Gotta Get Thru THis" CD and I am really enjoying it. This was the only CD they had at Best buy so I wonder if he has any newer stuff. Dont' think so... not yet anyway - The last song I heard from him on the radio was "if you're not the one' and that was awhile ago...
icon_neutral.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha His 2nd album is called "Second First Impression" and he has released 2 singles from it so far - "Nothing Hurts Like Love" and "Wrap My Words Around You".
B00062OHD8.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

{Clicky}

Luv Trisha x

LOL can you tell I'm a fan! I'm going to his gig on March 23rd!

He is hot in that pic! Yummy... Thanks for sharing the picture. Let us know how the concert goes.

Originally Posted by Trisha His 2nd album is called "Second First Impression" and he has released 2 singles from it so far - "Nothing Hurts Like Love" and "Wrap My Words Around You".
B00062OHD8.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

{Clicky}

Luv Trisha x

LOL can you tell I'm a fan! I'm going to his gig on March 23rd!

Umm ok.. I'm wrong then! LOL
icon_redface.gif
Is that out in the US, because usually this one radio station out here will play songs like his about 2x an hour
eek.gif
(Very easy way to get sick of a good song) and I haven't heard these yet... hmmm - have to check it out
tongue.gif

Just to name a few:

Hinder, Spice girls (lol), Britney spears, Christina aguilera. TECHNO TRANCE!, three days grace, Theory of a deadman....

Originally Posted by Leony /img/forum/go_quote.gif Right now? Audio books lol How are those going for you?

Originally Posted by Marisol /img/forum/go_quote.gif How are those going for you? Loving the audio books! I'm currently listening to Tokien Hobbit lol.Wish, they could be more cheaper though.

hmmm i have far too many, have 60gb ipod photo and it's about half full lol!

some of the ones that no one has mentioned yet:

Ani Difranco

Beth Hart

Depeche mode

Donna Summer (hehe, couldn't help it!)

the doors

Janis Joplin

Justin Timerlake

Billie Holiday

madeleine peyroux (sounds kinda like billie holiday)

jane monheit (beautiful voice... love her!)

Michael Buble

Tori Amos
worship.gif

Rufus wainwright

Elliott Smith

Moulin Rouge soundtrack

RENT soundtrack (both original broadway & movie)

Wicked soundtrack

AVE Q soundtrack

Fiona Apple

Gorillaz

Jack Johnson

John Mayer

The lovemakers

My chemical romance

nine inch nails

Panic! at the disco

PJ harvey

The Raconteurs

Regina Spektor

Radiohead

Sarah brightman

Tegan & Sara

Violent Femmes

there are tons more, but I'll stop now, hehe

ps: postal service, Bjork(!), Scissor sisters, and the Killers are awesome!!!

I have several different artists, a few are:

-Christina Aguilera

-Tupac

-Nine Inch Nails

-Kelly Clarkson

-Immortal Technique

-Mortician

-Various choral music

-Johnny Cash

-Madonna

-The Cure

-Whitney Houston