What's the best body treatment/moisturizer?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What's your favorite body treatment or moisturizer to keep the body skin firm and young looking? I was looking at my skin today and it needs some help. I don't use a body moisturizer every day which is not a good thing I know. Some body moisturizers that I've tried are too fragranced and some are too medicine like. I get strectch marks so easily and it also seems like I don't have as much elasticity in my skin as I should for my age. It must run in the family because my mom's body is the same way with stretch marks etc.

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) What's your favorite body treatment or moisturizer to keep the body skin firm and young looking? I was looking at my skin today and it needs some help. I don't use a body moisturizer every day which is not a good thing I know. Some body moisturizers that I've tried are too fragranced and some are too medicine like. I get strectch marks so easily and it also seems like I don't have as much elasticity in my skin as I should for my age. It must run in the family because my mom's body is the same way with stretch marks etc. I really like the Oil of Olay "Quench" line - I have the one for the Extra dry skin (as dry as it gets!) and I love the way my skin feels after I put it on... smooth and silky all day (plus it has a hint of sheen to it, so you get a nice natural glow - not sparkles, just a nice highlight)
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) I get strectch marks so easily and it also seems like I don't have as much elasticity in my skin as I should for my age. It must run in the family because my mom's body is the same way with stretch marks etc. I get em' too.. from where I don't know - my mom doesn't have them... but I have a few on my hips I think from when I would gain/lose weight - palmer's cocoa butter for stretch marks is supposed to work good - but I haven't tried it yet.
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I get em' too.. from where I don't know - my mom doesn't have them... but I have a few on my hips I think from when I would gain/lose weight - palmer's cocoa butter for ...stretch marks is supposed to ...work good - but I haven't tried it yet.
icon_wink.gif
If you can find Kukui Nut oil/lotion that seems to work better. A friend of mine recommended this. I was told by a doctor that stretch marks don't really go away. This is what I asked when I was pregnant. He also sad that you have to look at how your mother's skin is. If she has any that have not disappeared, chances are yours will not.

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) What's your favorite body treatment or moisturizer to keep the body skin firm and young looking? I was looking at my skin today and it needs some help. I don't use a body moisturizer every day which is not a good thing I know. Some body moisturizers that I've tried are too fragranced and some are too medicine like. I get strectch marks so easily and it also seems like I don't have as much elasticity in my skin as I should for my age. It must run in the family because my mom's body is the same way with ......stretch marks etc. I use dove body wash or oil of olay. My 5 year old daughter uses them too. As a baby she had senstive skin so the doctor had suggested that I try those washes and she continues to use them. These seem to keep my skin good as well. I also like using Avojuice Skin Quenchers by OPI after I shower:
berry.jpg

They absorb easily into your skin and doesn't feel greasy. They contain avocado, vitamin C and Aloe extracts. They are fruit scented like berry juice, cranberry, coconut melon and more.

Clinique Deep Comfort Body Butter is fabulous for heavy duty moisturizing. It really sinks in and makes skin soft. It has a pleasant subtle scent; it's actually fragrance-free, so it's just a natural scent. For anti-aging benefits, Nivea has a very good line of body products that have the same cutting edge ingredients as their facial skin care line, ie: retinol, coenzyme Q10, AHA's, etc. I have always been partial to Nivea because it's old school! Their body lotions are really good, they leave a nice sheen to the skin, but aren't toooooo heavy.

I have 2 I use....During the day I use "Triple Lanolin Aloe Vera hand & body lotion. It's cheap, comes in a pump plastic bottle - (about a pint) and you can get it in the drug store ..(like CVS or Genovese) its not greasy at all...as a matter of fact, when I get my manicure & pedicures the girls use that on me in the nail salon....For night time, I use"Serious Skin Care" - Vitamin C Body Butter - its real thick and penetrating, and its rich in mango butter, and lasts forever ...They recommend buttering-up before you go to bed !!!!!
wink.gif

Latest posts

Back