Whats the deal with NYX eyeshadows?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by MamaRocks /img/forum/go_quote.gif Their dollface mascara is wicked. I totally agree with you. I use both of them, first the volume, then the long, and OMG! My lashes look fake like a doll, lol. It made them longer than the the telescopic, which was what i was using before, but now they are long and full of volume. I love this stuff!!!!

Buy NYX from cherryculture.com, right now shipping is free on any order. The pigments, Ultra Pearl Mania are .99. That's the least expensive I've seen them for.

Originally Posted by MsCuppyCakes /img/forum/go_quote.gif Buy NYX from cherryculture.com, right now shipping is free on any order. The pigments, Ultra Pearl Mania are .99. That's the least expensive I've seen them for. Thank you so much for letting me know!!!! Free shipping is TODAY ONLY! I'm late for class now cuz i was in the computer lab ordering stuff from cherryculture.com. Cant wait to get my order!!! Thanks again!!

Originally Posted by amanda1210 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thank you so much for letting me know!!!! Free shipping is TODAY ONLY! I'm late for class now cuz i was in the computer lab ordering stuff from cherryculture.com. Cant wait to get my order!!! Thanks again!! That's awesome. I'm glad you were able to order some items. Let us know what you ordered and how you like them.

Originally Posted by amanda1210 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm late for class now cuz i was in the computer lab ordering stuff from cherryculture.com. Nice!
smile.gif

I got my order today and I was SO excited until i tried on the eyeshadows =( I only bought 2 of the eyeshadows (in the square packaging, hot yellow and cool blue) and 2 of the pearl pigment thingys (a light green and pink) and 1 gold glitter to be on the safe side (i didnt want to order a bunch of stuff in case i didnt like em).

My experience went like this:

the blue barely showed up, i kept applying, and applying and STILL i got less color than my jane/isa dora eyeshadow. And the hot "yellow" was like a shimmery gold. Not wat i expected at all. My Ulta gold eyeshadow is way better. At first i thought it was cuz i had no primer on but then i used my UDPP and NO LUCK. The pigments were decent, but nothing to say wow to.

Oh well, atleast i can say I tried, and I used normal brushes (sonia k) so i dunno why it looked so blah. I really wished that they would have worked for me.
sadyes.gif

Originally Posted by amanda1210 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I got my order today and I was SO excited until i tried on the eyeshadows =( I only bought 2 of the eyeshadows (in the square packaging, hot yellow and cool blue) and 2 of the pearl pigment thingys (a light green and pink) and 1 gold glitter to be on the safe side (i didnt want to order a bunch of stuff in case i didnt like em).

the blue barely showed up, i kept applying, and applying and STILL i got less color than my jane/isa dora eyeshadow. And the hot "yellow" was like a shimmery gold. Not wat i expected at all. My Ulta gold eyeshadow is way better. At first i thought it was cuz i had no primer on but then i used my UDPP and NO LUCK. The pigments were decent, but nothing to say wow to.

Oh well, atleast i can say I tried, and I used normal brushes (sonia k) so i dunno why it looked so blah. I really wished that they would have worked for me.
sadyes.gif

i'm sorry that you had a bad experience with NYX. I personally have not had a problem with any of their stuff yet, and I have close to seventy of their eyeshadows.

Originally Posted by amanda1210 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I got my order today and I was SO excited until i tried on the eyeshadows =( I only bought 2 of the eyeshadows (in the square packaging, hot yellow and cool blue) and 2 of the pearl pigment thingys (a light green and pink) and 1 gold glitter to be on the safe side (i didnt want to order a bunch of stuff in case i didnt like em).

sadyes.gif

I'm sorry to hear that, too.
frown.gif
The biggest downside to NYX is it's limited availability and sometimes it's hard to pick the colors you want off the internet. I've order a few colors that were very different than they appeared to be online. I hope this doesn't ruin the brand for you...I promise they do have some an amazing products.

Originally Posted by Faith-Abigail /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm sorry to hear that, too.
frown.gif
The biggest downside to NYX is it's limited availability and sometimes it's hard to pick the colors you want off the internet. I've order a few colors that were very different than they appeared to be online. I hope this doesn't ruin the brand for you...I promise they do have some an amazing products. That's true it is hard to get a good idea of the colors. In a few weeks when I move and get my makeup unpacked, I plan on taking many pics of my NYX and swatches of my products.
It really is a shame on how little info on NYX exists compared to other brands.

I just wanted to add that i tried the pigments again, today before i went to school, and it looked much better because I patted it on instead of swipping it so the color was much more intsene. So YAY for pigments and nay for the eyeshadows.

Originally Posted by amanda1210 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I just wanted to add that i tried the pigments again, today before i went to school, and it looked much better because I patted it on instead of swipping it so the color was much more intsene. So YAY for pigments and nay for the eyeshadows. Don't forget that there three other kinds of NYX eyeshadows. You have the regular singles, then the NYX trios, the Ultimate Pearl eyeshadows and the Chrome eyeshadows, which are loose eyeshadows as well.

NYX is great but the availability is a problem. I have to go to small Beauty Supply stores to find them. Each store orders different things too. One store has the Ultimate Pearl Shadows while another has the NYX loose pearl shadows.

Originally Posted by emily_3383 /img/forum/go_quote.gif NYX is great but the availability is a problem. I have to go to small Beauty Supply stores to find them. Each store orders different things too. One store has the Ultimate Pearl Shadows while another has the NYX loose pearl shadows. That's why I rely on cherryculture and certain ebay sellers. That's how I got my collection.

Originally Posted by PhantomGoddess /img/forum/go_quote.gif That's true it is hard to get a good idea of the colors. In a few weeks when I move and get my makeup unpacked, I plan on taking many pics of my NYX and swatches of my products.

I agree. I love the chrome shadows...even more than the pigments, I think...because they're not as chunky, they blend a little better, and there are a lot more color options. However, I do like the pigments better for certain looks because of their shimmer and I like that I can use them wet or dry. I've yet to try the Pearl shadows but, so far, I prefer the trios to the single...I only have two trios but the colors seem a little silkier and better for blending. As far as the singles are concerned, they're good for matte looks and I am constantly using my matte black single shadow. However, the lighter colors are lighter (not sheer because of a lack of pigmentation but because the matte formula doesn't build as easily); personally, my first NYX purchase was a bunch of single shadows, and while I was happy with them at the time, I've really come to prefer the other eye products better. If you want to make a new purchase or try out something different, I would be happy to make some suggestions.

Originally Posted by PhantomGoddess /img/forum/go_quote.gif That's true it is hard to get a good idea of the colors. In a few weeks when I move and get my makeup unpacked, I plan on taking many pics of my NYX and swatches of my products.

I should really do the same thing.

I just went to the website and I know I have seen this stuff sold somewhere in San Antonio, Texas before I just didn't buy it but on the site it doesn't say anywhere in SA. Im thinking maybe it was Agaci Clothing store. Does anybody know if they sell it there? (I won't be back in SA til Monday)

That would be awesome!

Back