Whats the deal with NYX eyeshadows?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Everyone on here loves these eyeshadows, why? I've never tried them so I do not know why. Are they comparable to MAC, or are they similar to Jane which is also a drugstore brand that is "better than most" d/s eyeshadows.

I want to get some, but they dont sell them anywhere near where I live in Michigan, which is surprising since I live in a city where I have just bout everything near me, and I dunno if its worth the extra 6 bucks for shipping for a d/s brand. Does any one have pics with only NYX shadows being used? I want to see how they look on.

Well, for a lot of girls, it's almost as good as MAC. Good pigmentation, inexpensive, and almost as many colors as MAC.

I love NYX and have ordered a lot of it from cherryculture. Right now shipping is free with 40 dollars purchase. Sometimes they offer free shipping. I love the color range of NYX shadows (as well as the blushes). They have great pigmintation and blend well.

Hi,

I heard several MUTers rave about NYX that I purchased $48.00 worth of their products yesterday.

Originally Posted by brewgrl /img/forum/go_quote.gif swatches are fine and dandy, but dont you want to see them actually in use?
you should see faith-abigail's notepad... she is a big NYX girl and has two looks on her page using NYX.

MakeupTalk.com: makeup, beauty, skin care, beauty product reviews, beauty products, eyemakeup, eye makeup, hair care, talk and gossip for women

she looks great in both pics.

Wow, thank you! What a huge compliment.
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by amanda1210 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Everyone on here loves these eyeshadows, why? I've never tried them so I do not know why. Are they comparable to MAC, or are they similar to Jane which is also a drugstore brand that is "better than most" d/s eyeshadows.
I want to get some, but they dont sell them anywhere near where I live in Michigan, which is surprising since I live in a city where I have just bout everything near me, and I dunno if its worth the extra 6 bucks for shipping for a d/s brand. Does any one have pics with only NYX shadows being used? I want to see how they look on.

I was going to post these looks, too. I need to update my notepad but I recently went on a big buying spree and I'm just waiting to get the rest of my makeup. All of the eyeshadows, pigments, and glitters are NYX.
015.jpg

018.jpg

055-1.jpg

Originally Posted by PhantomGoddess /img/forum/go_quote.gif Faith Abigail, you look great!!!!! Well, thank you!
biggrin.gif
I still have a lot to learn but you only learn from practicing, right?

Thanks for your help guys, i really need to get some, but i'm dirt broke right now with the xmas coming up. There are SO many nice colors on cherryculture.com I cant wait to save up some $$$ and buy some. I just think its so odd that I cant find any in Michigan. Any1 from MI who can tell me where I can buy them locally?

Faith Abigail, you're makeup looks really cool, the colors show up very well!

Originally Posted by brewgrl /img/forum/go_quote.gif i love your looks ALWAYS! Thanks! Wow, all of these nice comments are really inspiring me to update my notepad.
smile.gif
Maybe I'll get a chance later today...

Originally Posted by amanda1210 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thanks for your help guys, i really need to get some, but i'm dirt broke right now with the xmas coming up. There are SO many nice colors on cherryculture.com I cant wait to save up some $$$ and buy some. I just think its so odd that I cant find any in Michigan. Any1 from MI who can tell me where I can buy them locally?Faith Abigail, you're makeup looks really cool, the colors show up very well!

Yeah, the colors are highly pigmented and they show up really well. Personally, I've used MAC and it's great but I actually prefer the pigmentation and texture of the NYX shadows. They have great color payoff and you can really build them up without them becoming chalky. Plus, the pressed shadows are really silky and they're very easy to blend. If you're just getting started, you might want to try the NYX pigments. Several people on here (including myself) have purchased the entire set off Ebay for about thirty bucks (including shipping and everything). It'll give you a lot of colors to play around with and you can build your collection from there.

Latest posts

Back