what's the deodorant trick?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
sofia mentioned that the deodorant trick helped her feet stay blister free during a wedding. although i don't have blisters i love high heels and would like to know about any trick that can make my feet more comfortable. can anyone help me out?

R you kidding...? Sure i would love to know that too...
icon_eek.gif

Sorry, I didn't even see this thread before.

I didn't believe it when I saw one of my cousins doing it, but I'm a believer now. She was putting anti-perspirant on her feet before we left for a party and she told me that it helps control foot perspiration which can contribute to friction blisters. I didn't buy it, but I had a wedding this past weekend, so I tried it and it worked. No matter what, I always get blisters from wearing strappy sandals, but this time I was blister and pain-free. The last time I wore these heels they killed my feet so much, I ended up barefoot by the end of the night. My cousin used the clear/invisible kind, but I used Secret spray because I didn't have what she used. I'm going to test this out again, with her version this time, in about 2 weeks when I have another all day-all night event. Has anyone else ever tried this?

I also remember, if I'm not mistaken, Philosophy or some other brand had something called Take A Hike (I think), which was marketed towards hikers who tend to get blisters, which also would work for sandal lovers like myself. Of course when I go looking for it, I can't find it.

hmm, I wonder if foot powder or baby powder would do the same thing.. I know that strong anti-perspirants such as certan dri etc. can also be used on feet. Maybe that could be more than just a one night relief.. i am so trying this! :icon_love

Hey girls.

Yes, this does work, and the reason why is the alum in the antiperspirant. Your feet have more sweat glands then your underarms.. believe it! Applying the ANTIPERSPIRANT will temporarily supprese the perspiring. And yes, the dampness DOES contribute to the blisters. its works really well, I use Tom's of Maine and i got myself one of those rocks that works really well.

Oh I could see how this would work -- I have a pair of sandals that always give me blisters when it's hot enough for my feet to sweat, but are perfectly comfortable the rest of the year!
smile.gif

i thought that deodorant crystals just get rip of odor. does the one you use curb dryness as well?

Originally Posted by MacForMe Hey girls.Yes, this does work, and the reason why is the alum in the antiperspirant. Your feet have more sweat glands then your underarms.. believe it! Applying the ANTIPERSPIRANT will temporarily supprese the perspiring. And yes, the dampness DOES contribute to the blisters. its works really well, I use Tom's of Maine and i got myself one of those rocks that works really well.

Latest posts

Back