What's the difference between a leather jacket and a leather bomber?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leather Bomber jackets are usually lined with material to keep you warm, especially the collar. Leather jackets are lined with a very thin liner to cover the inside seams.

A bomber jacket is usually only waist length, and tapers at that waist. A leather jacket is usually longer - maybe to the top of hips - maybe 3 to 4 inches longer than a "bomber" style - and can also be as long as 26 to 30+ inches long. A bomber jacket is also usually lined more for colder weather, and most commonly closes with a zipper. A leather jacket commonly closes with buttons, and is lighter-weight in the lining.

And they look different on a person. It seems to me that this is the category of outerwear that is quite difficult to find.

Leather jackets are typically shorter and have a more fitted design. They can come in a variety of styles such as biker jackets, moto jackets, and racer jackets. They often have a zipper closure and may have additional details such as pockets, buckles, or studs. Leather jackets are often associated with a more classic and timeless style.

Meanwhile leather bombers are typically longer and have a looser fit. They were originally designed for pilots during World War II and have a distinctive bomber-style collar and ribbed cuffs and waistband. They have a zipper closure and may have additional details such as pockets and patches.

Thank you for the detailed information about the leather jackets and bombers. I'm absolutely in love with my new ladies leather bomber jacket from Leatherfads! It is so soft and comfortable, and the quality is amazing. I am very satisfied with my purchase and would highly recommend Leatherfads to anyone looking for a great leather jacket.

Latest posts

Back