What's Your Daily Skin Care Routine?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What's your daily skin care routine?

Share your am and pm routine here and let's help each other out by giving ideas on skin care products that work. I thought it would be fun to get this type of thread going again. We used to have a similar and encourage all you lurkers to chime in too. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> We are a community of beauty obsessed so let's help each other out because the beauty struggle is real right? Aren't we all looking for the best next thing in skin care? I've tried hundreds if not thousands of products and still try new ones only because I love to do it. I had my skin care set for a while but then got bored and started using different products again and not a day goes by that I don't at least window shop at Sephora.  :lol: I'm a huge fan of Korean skin care too but I just love skin care in similar and trying out new products is fun. I hope you all with join me in sharing our routines so that others can get information and ideas for theirs and we can all talk about what works and what doesn't. 

I'll share my yesterday's routine to get this thread going. For reference my skin is more of a combo sensitive with subtle signs of aging lol

AM

Tatch gentle rice cleaner (sample size)

Erborian Eau Ginseng toner (I've been using this for a while and the bottle is almost gone)

Missha Time revolution essence

Dr. Jart tiger grass cream (sample size)

PM

Boscia Detoxifying Black Cleanser (this once feels weird because it feels warm once you mix if with water) (sample size)

Le Metier sheet mask (I finally got around using this after getting it when being part of the sub)

Clarins Multi active night cream (sample size)

Here is my routine from yesterday

AM

Skin food rice brightening scrub cleanser

Erborian Eau Ginseng toner

L'Oreal Revitalift triple power moisturizer

PM

Neutrogena cleansing wipes (I was too lazy to do anything else)

Farmacy sleep tight night balm

I'm trying a new routine for a week now despite sticking to The Ordinary full routine for months.

The changing weather makes my skin go crazy, I do not even know which part of my routine I can change.

It has been humid lately and my usual normal skin became so dry (as per last facial I had), I was told to use heavy moisturizer at night so my skin will be hydrated in the morning. Being the rebel I am, I don't listen to instructions. :D

Anyway, my morning skin routine goes like this:

OLEHENRIKSEN Balance It All

1. Cleanser -- Find Your Balance™ Oil Control Cleanser

2. Toner -- Balancing Force™ Oil Contol Toner

3. Moisturizer -- Counter Balance™ Oil Control Hydrator

Influenster sent me a set to try and glad that I am able to use them because suddenly my dry skin goes oily during daytime.

You can buy a trial set in Sephora if you do not want to commit to full sizes.

Screen Shot 2017-08-18 at 8.45.45 PM.png

For nightime, I do not usually have time for a complex routine. I am a SAHM so I do not wear makeup all the time. If I do, I use DHC oil cleanser to remove my makeup.

1. Cleanser -- Shamanuti Activated Charcoal cleanser (sample size from Birchbox)

2. Toner -- evian facial spray

3. Moisturizer -- Farsali Rose Gold Elixir

I had been using the Farsali elixir but still contemplating if I'll continue. It just sits on my skin the whole night, then when I wash my face in the morning, my skin feels so dry. Also, I got a little breakout as I understand that my skin is adjusting to my new routine. Hopefully next week, my skin goes back to normal, if not, I'll go back to using The Ordinary Lactic Acid serum.

For my routine I really only use three products! I am very simplistic when it comes to skincare, and to be completely honest I've always been a bit lazy. So it took me awhile to find products that are easy for me to use and to remember to use. In the morning I use neutrogena naturals cleanser, toner, and then neutrogena moisturizer for sensitive skin. At night to remove my makeup I only use ONE product as my nighttime regimen. I use Albolene Moisturizing Cleanser because it removes my makeup in one swoop with no water or soap and leaves my face so moisturized and ready for bed. This is definitely my favorite product I've found thus far and it's an essential part of my skincare regimen (link removed).Here's the link so you can see for yourselves because this a product I want everyone to know about.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am addicted to the skin care.

My skin is sensitive so I always use good and natural products for skin care.

Products from www.radhabeauty.com/ are really god. I am using products from this store regularly. The products are all natural.

So, I just started Obagi ZO Skin Health and here's my protocol - this has been doing wonders for me of late:

Morning routine with all products from the ZO Skin line:

CLEANSE: Oilacleanse

EXFOLIATE: Exfoliating Polish 

TONE: Balatone

SOOTHE: Daily Power Defence

TREAT WITH ACTIVES: Melamin

PROTECT: Sunscreen with Primer SPF 30

Night routine:

TREAT WITH ACTIVES: Retamax + Melamix

No irritation or redness so far.. fingers crossed!

Woops I forgot, I also use Clinique's makeup remover to get rid of eye makeup..

In morning I wash my face with cleanser. I am very cautious about in skin matter. I always prefer organic beauty products for the skin. Products from Kaiame Naturals are really good. From few months I am using these products and really satisfied.

So, I just started Obagi ZO Skin Health and here's my protocol ...
Same routine, slightly modified:

Morning routine:

EXFOLIATE: Exfoliating Polish 

TREAT: 10% C Bright Serum

PROTECT: MD Solarsciences Tinted Mineral Creme SPF 30

Night routine:

TREAT WITH ACTIVES: Retamax 

In the morning and at night I've been using Sephora's oil cleanser (love the scent) as well as a salicylic acid cleanser for acne (brand changes but right now using neutrogena).  The double cleanse seems to work well for me especially at night with all the dirt and makeup to remove. In the morning I follow it with Coola sunblock, then primer and makeup.  At night I follow it with truth serum and Julep sleeping mask.

Hyderabad is a highly polluted area in India. So, whenever I come from office or whenever I go to the office, I use facewash to clean my face. 

Skincare routine varies among different skin types. Before you build skincare routine, firstly you must know about your skin type. I personally prefer natural product for my skin such as aloe vera gel, coconut oils and also drink more water to keep your skin hydrated.

Before you build skincare routine, firstly you must know about your skin type then you can build your skincare routine. I personally use organic product for my skin such as aloe vera gel, coconut oil, visalift face miracle serum etc that keep my skin healthy, smooth and glowing.

I start my skincare by washing the skin with a scrub and then eat something healthy like Fruits.

This year I reacquainted myself with toner and exfoliating. At first, exfoliating made me a little flakey, I found out later that was normal. I use a simple 4 step process

Step 1: Cleanse/exfoliate, using my face brush. I had a roommate in high school who was from Japan, she got me hooked on the face brush. 

Step 2: WIpe away the cleanser with a face shammy

Step 3: Appy toner using organic cotton round.

Step 4: Apply eye cream and moisturizer.

Once a week or so I will give myself a face mask, usually one with activated charcoal. Occasionally I will do some additional exfoliating with a sugar/coconut oil scrub I make myself.

I starts my day with Vert Natural Beauty Cosmetics Like Oats Milk & Shea Butter Face Wash. This fresh and organic face wash is a must buy for normal to dry skin

I struggled with acne for a while and finally, this routine helped me get clear skin once and for all:

MORNING

Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser

CetaVe AM Moisturizer

Sunscreen

NIGHT

Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser

CetaVe PM Moisturizer

mixed with

Vilten (1.5% Retinoid)

Hey everyone,

I have recently been looking into organic products and am hoping someone can tell me about good (or bad) organic skincare products they have used or have heard good things about. I know the organic is supposed to be better so i would like to try one or several if you have any suggestions.

I made 5 steps. You should try this way.
- Face cleansing
- Toner/Lotion
- Special Treatment (Serum)
- Skin Moisturizing
- Sunscreen

Hi,

Thank you for asking.

Well to be honest, for me it is quite difficult to follow a steady skincare routine to follow. Because now and then I get to try and review different skincare and beauty products. With so much skin care advice out there and multitudes of products to choose from, it can be difficult to know where to focus your energy.

Latest posts

Back