Whats Your Favorite Eyeshadow InSurance?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I love Too Faced Shadow Insurance Its the Best To me>>

Heres a Little more info about Too Faced Shadow Insurance..

A full-coverage insurance policy against all fading, creasing, melting, blurring, oil-slicked and hard-to-blend eye-shadow accidents! Too Faced's silicone-based eye shadow primer transforms any eye shadow into a perfectly blendable, color-drenched, intensified version of itself, then locks it down perfectly until you take it off. The soothing formula evens out skin tone on your lids and smoothes out lines while it secures a barrier between the oils of your skin and your makeup so no shadow catastrophes will ever happen again.

For me it really depends on the look that I am going for (which is not to say that I don't have a go to e.s.p. UDPP) but when I am doing anything from soft to smokey eyes I go with UDPP because it has faster drying surface and allows blending super easy because of it. But when I am going for the "you can only see my amazing bold colored eyes and nothing else" look with super bright pigments like from the 88 palette or SugarPill I use TFPI because it has a tacker surface that allow a lot of shadow to be built up by packing on vs blending in. You can blend with it too but I just find it more useful when I am doing packing vs blending for those outrageous looks. BTW, I have tried Benefits and ELF's and I have to say they are no where near as wonderful or long lasting as either UDPP or TFPI. But that is just me, have you tried either of those?

Have you tried MAC Paint Pots?  I have UD Shadow Insurance and the e.l.f. primer.  I like them, but my issue is that I have dark, shadowy eyelids.  I started using the Paint Pots this year and I LOVE THEM!  I have several but my favorite is Painterly.  Covers the darkness and keeps my shadows looking great all day!

I keep a few different kinds in my kit. For personal use I use Urban Decay; I bought one of those little holiday packages that had all the different kinds and I haven't run out. I'll probably switch to the Nyx ones when I run out because as far as I can tell they work about the same.

For work I use Nyx's Eyeshadow Base in the little glass pot and the Nyx HD Eye Shadow Base in the tube with the wand. I almost always powder my primers, then add a cream base, then powder over that. The sandwhiching makes things last ages, and like I said the Nyx primers are as good as the more expensive ones imo. I've also heard the Milani one that just came out recently is very good, but I haven't tried it yet. I also keep samples of TFSI in original and candlelight, along with a Smashbox one and a few others I can't remember.

@CarolynP, have you tried the Nyx base in the pot? It's very opaque and a bit less expensive than the MAC paint pots.

Back