What's your favorite mineral makeup brand?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coromo, It looks like you are looking for medium-heavy coverage? Out of those that you have tried, you mention liking Monave & Val's CD, so i'm guessing here.

I like Monave to, but finding it such a pain to buff if in. I have oily face and with Monave i have flakies!! It seemed to highlight all the dry patches i never knew i had.

I couldn't get the right colour in Lumiere and i know everyone said its worth waiting for her stuff but i'm in Perth here. Everything takes longer and i'm tired of waiting an extra one month for something to reach me.

Meow I like. However, i couldn't stand the fact that everytime i blot my face i have heaps of powder on my blotting paper!! I never have problem with other minerals sticking to my blotting paper, except for Meow. What i like about Meow is that you don't have to buff.

If i have to narrow down to two, i would say Milan and AlphaSkincare (now called Jenulence). Mineral makeup, mineral cosmetics, all natural skincare products

Milan coz of the colour choice. I don't get an ashy lookand the mineral is very pigmented. The coverage is medium - heavy as well.

Jenulence is also great. I apply it wet. I mix the mineral with my Napoelan Primer & slather in on with my hands like a liquid foundation. Medium-heavy coverage and this thing is like concrete. Still there after running around in the sun.

Sorry if i don't post much guys. I'm working full time &have a 20month old son. By the time i'm home, i'm usually knackered. I usually wake up at 5am just to read the forum and usually never have time to post as i have to shower at 5.30am. My hubby... well is a typical hubby who comes home from work, shake his booty all around the house while i run up and down trying to feed my son dinner.

Coromo,

I would suggest Meow or Milan for you. Meow Flawless Feline because its light and lasts all day. I have heard good things about the Meow Oily skin primer for making the makeup last all day and keeping the oilies away. Its a powder primer, not liquid.

Milan because Gvieve raves about it. I don't need to mix Meow, I found a perfect match, there are 12 "breeds" or tones to choose from.

Hi Coromo! As a foundation for you I would recommend (and no I'm not Gvieve but since she is on Spring Break in Florida this week as a Chaperone so being her BF I'll take the liberty of speaking for her
smile.gif
)

I would definitely get in on the 25% Meow sale and go for the Pampered Puss or Flawless Feline. You are going to walk away spending over 40.00 after the discount but you are going to have about 6 ounces of foundation! Now how long do you think that's going to last you? That's a deal that IMO only Monave is coming close to matching especially with the quality that you are looking for. With Monave I would only order the extra amount for a total of 35.00 but all in all Meow is the best deal in town.

I love Aromaleigh simply because they are THE only brand (traditional or mineral) that makes a foundation that matches my skin perfectly!! (Actually I mix two colors, but hey, it works!) I also really love their Pure Rouges, they have a large selection of colors that are sheer enough for my pale skin -- whereas most other brands seem to have just one or two light pinks or peaches. I am turning into a blush addict now
smile.gif

However, I will admit that I'm not a huge fan of their e/s. While they do have an amazing selection of e/s, most of the colors fade and crease even when I use UDPP.
frown.gif
(A few are still good though.)

Originally Posted by gina2328 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Coromo,
I would suggest Meow or Milan for you. Meow Flawless Feline because its light and lasts all day. I have heard good things about the Meow Oily skin primer for making the makeup last all day and keeping the oilies away. Its a powder primer, not liquid.

Milan because Gvieve raves about it. I don't need to mix Meow, I found a perfect match, there are 12 "breeds" or tones to choose from.

Gina2328,
I can backup what you heard about the Meow Oily Skin Primer. It is VERY good. I have super oily skin and it worked great for me. I would say 97% of the oil I normally experienced in a regular day was gone!!
rotfl.gif

Hi!!

I'm new here, but have been using MMU for about 3yrs now.

I started with BE, but now I have been using barefaced Minerals for about 2 yrs. I use the Velvet Matte in Neutral. It matches perfectly. I love the owner Rhonda. Her customer service is great!!! She has many wonderful shades and different levels of coverage to choose from.

HTH,

Renee

Originally Posted by nay2120 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi!!I'm new here, but have been using MMU for about 3yrs now.

I started with BE, but now I have been using barefaced Minerals for about 2 yrs. I use the Velvet Matte in Neutral. It matches perfectly. I love the owner Rhonda. Her customer service is great!!! She has many wonderful shades and different levels of coverage to choose from.

HTH,

Renee

Welcome Renee! So glad you found something you love and have had the luck of using MMU for so long. It's great huh?

Eve......I'm interested to know more about Jenulence. What do you like about it compared to Milan?

Memaize-

I see you got your babies up in the signature. I hope they get along better than my two! They fight a lot.

Hi! I'm new here too. I just wanted to say that I've learnt so much from the forums for the past week or so! =)

I'm kinda surprised that nobody has brought up Everyday Minerals (EDM) as their favorite brand! I tried their samples (free - you just pay shipping), and I got hooked and bought a number of foundations and blushes.

Benefits:

- They look so natural on me! Perfect for wearing everyday to work.

- I have oily face and easily clogged pores, and I've almost given up on makeup - everything made me break out. Until I got my EDM! They feel so light on me.

- Good for people who don't like the feel of liquid foundations.

Disadvantages:

- Can be messy - but same with every mineral makeup

- Their kabuki brush shed like mad

- You will look less made up throughout the day as the makeup does come off fairly easily. But I don't use a primer - just a moisturizer. Perhaps it will stay on better with a primer, but I like my half-natural, half-made up look anyway.
wink.gif

HTH!

Latest posts

Back