What's your favorite mineral makeup brand?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've tried a dozen or so mineral makeups. My favorite is Lumiere. I may try other samples but like Hoozey, I always go back to Lumiere.

My favorie mineral makeup is Savvy Mineral Wear. It is a lot like Bare Minerals. It went on clean and smooth. It lasts all day. It made my face feel so much better. It is about $16.00 and Sallys Beauty. I have been using it for a week and I will not be going back to anything else. It is so much better than all the liquids. You should try it. I hav eto combin ethe 2 shades to get my shade because I have redness in my cheecks.

Fusion of Color

I have been using it 1 1/2 yrs. They also (after you find a shade) have additives to add to it, like oil control, moisturing etc.

T

Hands down mine is Aromaleigh. I've used her stuff exclusively for the last 5 years, as has my daughter.

I tried BE around 20 years ago - yup, it's been available that long- nothing new about the line!! Couldn't get a skin match, made my pores look huge and my face look shiny. Not good for me- although I know it's HG for many people.

Then tried Jane Iredale. Again, hard to get a match for my skin, the loose made me itch and shine, the pressed jjust made my skin look dry and my pores look enormous. Moved to Youngblood - better match, but it still was shinier than I wanted and made my skin, especially my eyes, itch horribly.

Then I found Aromaleigh, found not just one skin match but a couple, lost the shine, the stuff doesn't make my pores look big, instead it actually makes my skin look smooth and healthy and fresh. Not cakey, not thick, not powdery. Just perfect.

Oh - and her color cosmetics - so MANY options! Just a terrific line!

id love to try Aromaleigh.. too bad they dont ship internationally
frown.gif

My favorits are Pure Luxe and Lily Lolo. I like them both very much and can't decide which one I like more. Both have great foundations and eyeshadows.

Everyday Minerals!!! You can get a 6pc kit from them for only $28US. Highly affordable and coverage is pretty good!!

Has anoyone tried their Fair Sunscreen SPF30? How is it?!

I've become obsessed with trying different mineral makeup lately. My favorite right now is probably Alima.

I have several favourite brands for different products. For blushes it's currently Everyday Minerals and for e/s it's Fyrinnae (I like my e/s more pigmented). For foundation, well I'm still seeking that elusive HG but so far I like M.A.D. I'm waiting on samples from Lumiere so I may change my mind in the future!

I really love BE. I've only tested other drug store mineral makeup, and most don't match my skintone or give as good of coverage. BE has been my grail for the past 2 years. I use a smaller brush to correct under my eyes and some blemish areas. Really gives me a flawless look. I'll never go back to liquid foundation again.

Signature Minerals -- love their foundations

Everyday Minerals

J Lynne

Have tried lots of others, find them good but the three above are my favs.

Now, I'm mixing my own too, using TKB as a source for micas and bases and stuff... FUN!

I've tried tons of different brands, and my favorite is Lueur Jeune by Saphoros Spa Essentials. There are several different types of foundation according to skin type, and they are absolutely the lightest minerals I've tried. Great coverage and long wear. I swear, the veils are lighter than air.

I've tried sheer cover, everyday minerals, and purelux but my favorite mineral makeup is laura mercier's. it provides good coverage and looks like real skin...not like I have loads of makeup on. also, the container is very nifty imo for powders. hth

There is so many great MMU companies out there. So for me to say just one is my favorite would be llike trying to pick a favorite child!

I do like some things in some brands and dislike their other products. For example; Jenulence - great foundation for me. I ordered lots of samples and did not find ONE blush that I would wear. Her eye shadows are very pigmented and make great liners; no nuetral subtle colours there.

When someone mentions a favorite company I always like to know what/why they like the company.

I'm kinda surprised that nobody has brought up Everyday Minerals (EDM) as their favorite brand! I tried their samples (free - you just pay shipping), and I got hooked and bought a number of foundations and blushes.

Benefits:

- They look so natural on me! Perfect for wearing everyday to work.

- I have oily face and easily clogged pores, and I've almost given up on makeup - everything made me break out. Until I got my EDM! They feel so light on me.

- Good for people who don't like the feel of liquid foundations.

Disadvantages:

- Can be messy - but same with every mineral makeup

- Their kabuki brush shed like mad

- You will look less made up throughout the day as the makeup does come off fairly easily. But I don't use a primer - just a moisturizer. Perhaps it will stay on better with a primer, but I like my half-natural, half-made up look anyway.

Everyday miinerals has a great trial offer. I agree that the foundation just did not last that long on me. I also bought the premium white kabuki and it sheds. Its is currently one of my back up brushes. For a few dollars more I got the synthetic Lumiere brush and it is very superior.

Also Everyday Minerals is one of the few companies that does not sell sample sizes. I am a sampleholic and love to try out new stuff. But I hesitate to order from ED as very few things are appealing on their site. (They should redesign their site.) For example I would to try some of the new finishing powders. I am looking at $4.00 or maybe $6.00 plus shipping (to Canada)

Other MMU companies ship samples at $1.00 (maybe $2.00 ea) and very often ship sample orders free.

I'm kinda surprised that nobody has brought up Everyday Minerals (EDM) as their favorite brand! I tried their samples (free - you just pay shipping), and I got hooked and bought a number of foundations and blushes.

Benefits:

- They look so natural on me! Perfect for wearing everyday to work.

- I have oily face and easily clogged pores, and I've almost given up on everything made me break out. Until I got my EDM! They feel so light on me.

- Good for people who don't like the feel of liquid foundations.

Disadvantages:

- Can be messy - but same with every

- Their kabuki brush shed like mad

- You will look less made up throughout the day as the makeup does come off fairly easily. But I don't use a primer - just a Perhaps it will stay on better with a primer, but I like my half-natural, half-made up look anyway.

Everyday miinerals has a great trial offer. I agree that the foundation just did not last that long on me. I also bought the premium white kabuki and it sheds. Its is currently one of my back up brushes. For a few dollars more I got the synthetic Lumiere brush and it is very superior.

Also Everyday Minerals is one of the few companies that does not sell sample sizes. I am a sampleholic and love to try out new stuff. But I hesitate to order from ED as very few things are appealing on their site. (They should redesign their site.) For example I would to try some of the new finishing powders. I am looking at $4.00 or maybe $6.00 plus shipping (to Canada)

Other MMU companies ship samples at $1.00 (maybe $2.00 ea) and very often ship sample orders free.

Ok, I tried to edit my recent post. It is actually two posts merged somehow together.

OOPS.

Latest posts

Back