What's your favorite mineral makeup brand?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello, I'm new. I've tried some mineral make up and for the moment my favourites are the Taylor Made.

I've tried only the pigments (for the eye) and not foundations.

I will tell you when I will try other brands.
laughing.gif

glo Minerals! Its amazing! I have horrible acne and when I started using this product (stopped Bare Ess.) and using Dermalogical Face regimine...I finally have skin that I am NOT ashamed of.... Right now the gloMinerals is covering up the scars from my Acne while it all heals....its AMAZING. ... Plus I live in the Middle East (VERY VERY DRY) so it keeps my skin protected. ..... Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by leintjess /img/forum/go_quote.gif I love Lumiere!! Ditto! Lumiere is my favorite.

I've seen more ENDORSEMENTS for Lumiere on here.... I'm getting mine RIGHT NOW
smile.gif
Love glo Minerals...but hey I love trying NEW things
smile.gif

I just started my mineral makeup journey and have only managed to try Meow, Aubrey Nicole and Lure. I'd have to say that Lure is my ultimate fave right now =) Y7 matches me perfectly, and their rice powder keeps me matte all day long!

Gonna try Lumiere and Lauress next =)

Is Lumiere only sold online? Or does one of the stores carry it? I would like to try it. Rigth now I am liking the Everyday Minerals, but I would like to sample the Lumiere.

Originally Posted by JoAnnAtkinson /img/forum/go_quote.gif Is Lumiere only sold online? Or does one of the stores carry it? I would like to try it. Rigth now I am liking the Everyday Minerals, but I would like to sample the Lumiere. It is online only right now. I heard they are going to be opening a beauty bar in the near future. It will be in New Hartford, NY.
Here is the link to the website >>>>>> Lumiere

Lumiere has great foundation. I would suggest the FF (flawless face) version. It gives the best coverage. It is formulated for normal/dry skin but oily skin people wear it without a problem. I have very oily skin. FF runs LIGHT compared to other brands, so take that into account when ordering samples.

The VV (Veena Velvet) and Luminesse are ok. They both contain oat for oily skin. There have been unconfirmed instances of breakouts with these two versions. The VV runs LIGHT and the Luminesse runs really DARK.

I use one from the UK called Purity Cosmetics. Its lovely! Youc an get a sponge to apply it and it works brilliant!

for darker tones try element5 mineral makeup.. wide range of shades there

Originally Posted by tajameka /img/forum/go_quote.gif Coromo what foundation are u wearing in ur avatar? it doesnt look ashy at all!..n i wud love 2 kno..bcus im on the hunt for a non-ahsy mineral foundation...for darker skin tones...which ive noticed it REAllY hard to find

I was at Ulta today, and I notice that they have one called Pur Minerals.
scared.gif
Has anyone tried this one? It is about the same price as the BE, but it is free of the ingredient that causes the itching and burning.

Just wondering if anyone has tried the Pur Minerals sold at Ulta???

JoAnn in TEXAS
rockwoot.gif

Originally Posted by katnahat /img/forum/go_quote.gif It is online only right now. I heard they are going to be opening a beauty bar in the near future. It will be in New Hartford, NY.
Here is the link to the website >>>>>> Lumiere

Lumiere has great foundation. I would suggest the FF (flawless face) version. It gives the best coverage. It is formulated for normal/dry skin but oily skin people wear it without a problem. I have very oily skin. FF runs LIGHT compared to other brands, so take that into account when ordering samples.

The VV (Veena Velvet) and Luminesse are ok. They both contain oat for oily skin. There have been unconfirmed instances of breakouts with these two versions. The VV runs LIGHT and the Luminesse runs really DARK.

I heard the store is supposed to open up in the beginning of July. Have you heard anything else about it? I asked customer service a month or two back. I asked if the customers would get a notice. She said yes. I haven't heard anything yet.

My favorite mineral makeup brands are:

Bare Escentuals

Monave

Meow

PUR

LauRess

Lumiere

Pure Luxe

Alima

Lure Beauty

Jenulence

Everyday Minerals

MAD

Originally Posted by maryfitz24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I heard the store is supposed to open up in the beginning of July. Have you heard anything else about it? I asked customer service a month or two back. I asked if the customers would get a notice. She said yes. I haven't heard anything yet. Hi maryfitz24!
I've not heard anything new. I just happened to remember that piece of info from a previous poster. I looked up the city on the Lumiere site.

Too bad I'm in NC. I bet it will be a great store!
rotfl.gif

Originally Posted by katnahat /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi maryfitz24!
I've not heard anything new. I just happened to remember that piece of info from a previous poster. I looked up the city on the Lumiere site.

Too bad I'm in NC. I bet it will be a great store!
rotfl.gif

I agree. I would love to have a makeover there to make sure I am using the right colors and to get ideas for blush, lipstick,etc.

My faves are:

Lumiere> eyeshadows, blushes and kabuki brush

Fyrinnae> foundation, eyeshadows (especially the Arcane Magic collection)

Pure Luxe> foundation, finishing powder

Taylor Made> eyeshadows

TKB Trading> micas used as eyeshadow

Meow> feliners

Back