What's your favorite Mineral Makeup Foundation Powder?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not if you apply a good primer or serum that will smooth out your wrinkles or lines before applying the powder foundation. I am 45 and I use it every day with a primer serum that I love!!!

Yes I also love IM-FABULOUS.COM 

[SIZE=8pt]Vegan Mineral Eye, [/SIZE]Vegan Mineral Foundation, Vegan Mineral Color Corrector, Vegan Mineral Blush and Vegan Mineral Glow.    [SIZE=10pt]Our Fabulous powder foundations looks like a powder, goes on like a cream. Reduce the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles, make your skin looking air brushed and feeling so smooth! SPF 15[/SIZE]   [SIZE=8pt]It is non-comedogenic![/SIZE]
WITH NO: - Parabens - Sulfates - Synthetic Fragrances - Synthetic Dyes - Petro-Chemicals - Phthalates - Harmful Preservatives - Oils - Fragrances - Chemicals - Silicones - Waxes - Talcs - Starches - Alcohols - Carmine - Bismuth or Parabens.   [SIZE=8pt]A Fabulous sheer, multi-tasking 4-in-1 Vegan mineral powder that serves as a foundation, concealer, powder, and SPF in one. Made of only pure, crushed minerals from the earth.[/SIZE]

I've been using Coastal Scents Exotic mineral powder lately and it's okay. I've also used MicaBella but was allergic to it and ELF but the colors weren't right for me. So far Coastal Scents is winning out. I've used Bare Minerals' old Rare Minerals skincare but not their foundations.

Try adding some Silica Shells to your powder. Mix in well. They are great for absorbing oil.

*edited by mod*

Cheers Rebecca

bad for coverage tho.  You can add silica for absorbing oil but sacrifice some of the coverage.  It'll thin it out some. 

Coastalscents.com is way way cheaper $4.75 instead of $10.50 an oz.  You can also just wear it like a finishing powder rather than having to grind that into your mix.

Originally Posted by diycosmetics /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Try adding some Silica Shells to your powder. Mix in well. They are great for absorbing oil.

http://www.diycosmetics.com/products/Silica-Shells.html

Cheers Rebecca

I love Breeze Mineral Makeup's Bisque Multi-Use Foundation! It's has a matte finish - not one of those "glowing" kinds! It also doesn't have any bismuth which irritated my skin in one of those major brands. They also have a concealer that I use almost like a foundation as it covers my red cheeks and nose so well. It's the best thing I've ever found at covering my redness and I know it's covering well because I always do my cheeks first and when I see how red my nose still is it's amazing! I quickly dip my brush and cover that red nose and then breathe a sigh of relief! Great stuff! I usually then buff on the Bisque foundation and my skin looks great! I've tried putting perfection powder on over my concealer but it doesn't really work very well. I start to look kind of blotchy or something. But the combo of the concealer and the foundation is wonderful for me!

My wife, as I see it, most likely uses OceanMist if I am not mistaken. She loves it and I thought during the first time they were resellers then. Now I know that they are actually having their own original product.

Hi guys,

I agree with many of you, I love Bare Esentuals But I also love Estee Lauder, Jane Iredale and GloMinerals. I prefer the loose powder over the pressed powder personally but I have found any of these products to be great so I just alternate depending on price really! The Estee and Glo Minerals one are about the same but where I get my make up, the Jane Iredale is about 10 bucks more, Ive put the links below. But you can get it cheaper with their discounts and points if your a member so it works out well.

Estee Lauder Nutritious Vita

http://www.fragrancesandcosmetics.com.au/makeup/Estee_Lauder_Estee_Lauder___Powder___Nutritious_Vita_Mineral_Loose_Powder_Makeup_SPF_15.html

GloMinerals Loose Base

http://www.fragrancesandcosmetics.com.au/makeup/GloMinerals_GloMinerals___Powder___GloLoose_Base.html

Jane Iredale

http://www.fragrancesandcosmetics.com.au/makeup/Jane_Iredale_Jane_Iredale___Powder___Amazing_Base_Loose_Mineral_Powder_SPF_20.html

Hey I think Depending on your skin tone, skin type, etc. and a blush and a bronzer. But you have to pay for delivery which is $5, but it's cheap since the minerals are incredibly intense, so all you require is a teeny bit.

Originally Posted by emmy2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love LA minerals..It really withstands the climate in s'pore.  The oil controlling powder really helps to keep oil at bay too.  Thumbs up for this company.

iagree.gif
  I've recently tried LA Minerals and now its my favorite product... I've tried many too - but something about this formulation seems to do it right for me.

I've tried BE, Avon (loose and pressed), ELF, and EDM. I've also recently ordered Colorscience with my points from Birchbox and waiting for it to arrive.

I like BE, it has been fine for me, but it is just so expensive! I really like their all-over face colors (especially Trudy) as blush, and their eyeshadows. And their brushes are really good, although I also love my Sonia Kashuk set of pink brushes (for breast cancer).

Avon loose minerals original formula was way too drying and made my skin itch like crazy (and I have combination/oily skin!) They reformulated it maybe a year ago and it was a little better, but still the worst out of the 4 brands I've tried. The pressed mineral powder is really good, and is my current foundation of choice; it comes with a flat sponge/puff, but I apply it with my SK big powder brush for a little more even coverage. I have brown splotches on my skin and it covers those fairly well.

ELF is really, really good for the price; I'd put it about par with BE. It is in my travel bag because if I lose it or it gets stolen while traveling, I'm only out $5. (All my travel cosmetics are ELF for this reason.)

EDM is wonderful, and reasonably priced. I've heard so many folks here at MuT say that EDM is their HG foundation. Unfortunately, I was a big fan of their big jars because they were so much easier to swirl the powder in the lid, but they quit making them and went to the small jars like everyone else. I haven't been bowled over with any of EDM's other products, but the foundation is great. I have one more big jar (sealed) to use up once I finish up the Avon and the Colorscience. I love their wide range of colors and 4 different formulas; there's a very good chance of finding exactly what you want from them. (Although they have changed their colors at least twice since I started using them, which is frustrating. Luckily, my color stayed the same.) And the company has a good image of being naturally-inclined while still using science to keep their products exact and hygienic.

Hey, LadyDragonFire, I've heard a lot of wonderful things about Elea Blake; and we have a store here in Chattanooga that sells it! It's fairly expensive, but my friend Margy LOVES it and she is a very frugal (working mother of 3) person, and this is her splurge on herself because she says it works so well.

I've also heard lots of great things about Meow, including people who were EDM die-hard fanatics who switched to Meow. And you can't beat the cute names for the colors and formulas! Oh yeah, and I also got samples of Ocean Mist once and HATED them. They broke out my skin terribly, and my skin is on the opposite side of sensitive, so that was disappointing. But others have raved about them, so it might be worth ordering some samples from them.

Hope you are finding helpful information! Good luck on your MMU search!

Hi! First post! I am using MAC loose mineral powder. I find it really good on my skin. Normally if I use liquid foundation when it comes to washing it off my face feels really dry and rough.

Absolutely, hands down, Monave. I've used Silk Naturals before and stopped due to customer service issues. Which got me hunting. None of Monave's products contain talc, bismuth, etc and they make a good range of colors for women of all ethnicities. Their mineral oncealer is the most opaqūe in terms of coverage, although their regular mineral foundation has enough coverage. I use their loose minerals in conjunction with their liquid matte and moisture mousse formulas. Moisture mousse under the eyes, loose minerals all over my damp face, and liquid matte às a concealer patted over top of the minerals. Perfect coverage every time. Their liquid/mousse formulàs are their loose minerals mixed into a super high quality base of moisturizing cream, their own blend, and their products are super concentrated. Absolutely spectacular products, not to mention their stellar customer service. I have oily, acne prone skin with monthly hormonal breakouts but since I've been using their products the last sevêral months, my skin breaks out less and less. Their products actually heal my skin, which is amazng, bc every single one I had tested out before finding their stuff, other than the one brand mentioned below, broke me out horribly. And all their products are silicone/dmethicone free!! If you're looking to cūstom mix your own shade, buy bulk mineral makeup base from The Conservatorie, along with some very inexpensive oxides, and custom mix your perfect shade for far cheaper than Silk Naturals. They have several different mineral foundation and concealer bases to choose from. And if you want 'silk' in your foundation as well, they have a foundation base with that in it, and they also sell pure siłk powder. They are a way cheaper option to SN and have far better customer service. They also sell large samples of their mineral eye shadows and pigments very cheaply, and even sample sizes are very generous compared to other companies. I tried Coastal Scents mineral foundation and absolutely hated it. MAC's has mismuth in it the last time I checked. Sephora's brand shocked me with the quality of their loose mineral ingredients, actually, although I've only been using their darker shade as a matte bronzer. Picked it up for $6 during the summer but they were all out of my shade, so bought that one. Seriously though, check out Monave! You so wont regret it! Best brand of foundations, mineral and cream/liquid, I have ever tried. And they also make an Oil Control Humectant which is 100% dimethicone/silicone free and works very well under their foundations, as well as their Rose Daily Moißturizer whīch is stellar!

If you are looking for a super clean mineral makeup, try UltraPure Cosmetics (UltraPureCosmetics.com).  Nothing in the line contains petro-chemicals, parabens, bismuth oxychloride, dyes/lakes, carmine (derived from beetles), or talc.  It is perfect for people who have acne, sensitive skin, rosacea, or anyone who likes a luminous natural look without the shininess other makeups have.

I have personally seen blemished skin clear up very quickly as well as rosacea calm down and clear using this foundation.

I'm going to check that company out. Never heard of them. It's so difficult to find any foundation, mineral or otherwise, that is free of all the garbage that goes into so many of them these days.

I've spent a lot of money on cosmetics....so I know.  Oh, btw, the foundation is also gluten and soy free too.

I've been using Monave's for the past few months after every other expensive brand I tested broke me out. I LOVE all of Monave's foundations, both mineral and liquid/cream, as well as their moisturizers. Spectacular stuff, very healing to the skin, and their products look beautiful on, with great coverage. But I am always perusing other websites out of curiosity. I also spend a great deal of money on makeup and skin care and am always looking for the absolutely BEST foundation. For me, it's got to be 100% free of silicone/dimethicone/cyclomethicone and any other of their relatives, otherwise I run into major problems. Those ingredients destroy my skin. Gluten and soy don't bother me at all, but I can't stand talc and bismuth, corn starch, I avoid rice powder too, as well as mineral oil, lanolin, and other assorted crap which shouldn't be in foundations at all. They do nothing but clog my pores and suffocate my skin, making using a great skin care line pointless and a waste of money.

have tried the usual suspects, bare minerals, jane iredale, etc. but have found that merle norman works best for me.  good coverage, glowy but not glittery.

I have tried all the major players but found that the Sephora Brand mineral compact and Becca mineral powders were amazing! Full coverage and the color actually matches my yellow toned skin!

Back