What's your HG mineral makeup?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't purchased enough brands to determine my real HG, but for now I will stand by Everyday Minerals.

Hi all I'm new to this forum.

My favorites:

Primer: Don't use one.

Foundation: AN, LMercier, Joppa(Morning Dew)

FP: Joppa(Dewy Silk), Pureluxe(Radiance)

Cheek: Pureluxe(so delicate colours)

Eye shadow: MAD(lasts all day)

The serious HG's

Monave

BareFaced Minerals

Everything else is just fun stuff

foundation: Cory Cosmetics (enough coverage and fair shades)

blushes & bronzers: everyday minerals

For me I am still deciding on the foundation, but

Blush -EDM,

Eyeshadow- Signature Minerals & Pure Boutique

Lip- Signature Minerals

Concealer- Signature Minreal soft touch

Tried Pure Luxe for about a year but it never sat quite right on my skin. I've recently tried some samples from Ocean Mist and am really liking the color match and finish on my skin.

sorry but what is HG?

anyway I get is what I use..

primer-gigi moistozer to oily skin.

foundation - I didnt find yet the perfect for me:

EDM

SM

powder - tinted EDM

concealer - medium ocean mist

blush- EDM. SM AND CLASSY MINERALS.

EYE SHADOW - i DONT REALLY LIKE

I love EDM stuff, I use the foundation, blush, shadow, concealer, finishing dust. It works so great for me and the perfect shades too.

I use Smashbox as my primer though.

HG at this moment and time (since I haven't tried everything available)

Foundation - Bare faced minerals

Blush - Monave and Mineral Boutique

AOFC - Monave and BE

Eye Shadows - Meow, BFM, Pure Luxe, Mineral Boutique, Lumiere

what is HG? I saw that mean holly grail.. but what it means?

what do you like the most? or what?

tell me please.. I have to know :)

I don't have an HG. For a while, I thought Lumiere followed by Meow were great. I am now back to EDM. I've been sampling the formulas to see what works best for my skin. I waiting for original glo (I have intensive, semi matte and matte). My skin is so picky, I'm not sure I could ever have an HG.

Here are my HGs:

Foundation- Alima

Concealor- Alima

Blush-Alima

Finishing Powder- Alima

Eyeshadow (In order of preference- all are great though!)- Taylor Made Minerals, Lumiere, Fyrinnae, Aromaleigh, Pure Luxe

Eyeliner-Aromaleigh, Lumiere

Lip gloss/lip color product- Alima, Lumiere, J. Lynne, Aromaleigh

Brushes- Lumiere!

Foundation - EDM Light or Light Olive

Concealer - EDM Intensive Light, PL Apricot Enhancer

Blush - PL Nymph

At the moment I'm looking into Alima & Meow...

I have tried several mmu.

BE- leaves a shine and gets in pores. (also has bismuth which irritates many people)

Jane Iredale- love her minerals but they are all pressed and I prefer loose.

Serious Skin Care/Bella Rose- no real complaints, wears nicely.

BUT my all time favorite is

Primer- Smashbox~ is there another

MMU Foundation- Wei East/Flawless by Nature (light) covers great, matches skin perfectly and wears wonderfully. The longer the better.

Blush- Mally/Shimmer, Shape and Glow (Life is lighter)

ES- I do like BE eyeshadows, glimmers etc. and MAC piggies to many colors to name.

Lips- Lip Venom, Lip Injection for the plump and 100 others (I love lip glosses) for colors and effects.

Update:

I think I'm falling in love with my Lumiere cashmere foundation in Medium Warm. It melts into my skin and doesn't look chalky or too matte. It looks as if I'm not wearing any makeup at all, but yet my post-acne scars are less noticeable and my skin tone is evened out. I absolutely love it.

F.Y.I. It doesn't control oiliness all day but I'm content with that because I like that natural, oil/glow look. Don't get me wrong, my skin gets greasy a lot so Lumiere controls that very well. But I really don't like that matte look on myself because I think it looks a bit fake, on me that is. I'd probably need to blot once a day with a toilet seat cover (they are the best oil blotting sheets ever! They only take off excess oil, not your make up too! And they're free! =]).

I believe that I might be calling Lumiere my HG sometime in the near future. =) (Further testing needed to confirm theory.)

Back