What's your HG mineral makeup?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've tried at least a dozen MMU brands but here are my top 5 (in no particular order; I use different ones depending on the season and the level of coverage I need):

BE

Monave

J.Lynne

Lauress

Meow

I've tried 20 or more and have narrowed down the top 3 to

Bare Faced Minerals

Monave

Lumiere

Originally Posted by newyorlatin /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've tried 20 or more and have narrowed down the top 3 to
Bare Faced Minerals

Monave

Lumiere

hi there!what foundation in lumiere have a full heavy coverage?

thanks!

A quick update:

I've got so much more stuff so I use different brands for different occasions/issues:

Barefaced Beauty: I like their foundation, but it can look cakey if you layer too much. It gives a light coverage. Great for days that you don't need a full face of makeup. Their eyeshadows are nice too, but again not great for full coverage. Their lip products are nice, they seem to have good staying power, although their lipstics are a tad on the dry side. Glosses are lovely and shiny and stay on for a long time! Their blushes however are very nice, and they are my HG!

Elemental Beauty: Their foundations are lovely, stay put all day and I get no shininess on my T-zone. Also I love their setting powders! Their blush is very sheer, but nice for just a light flush.

Lily Lolo: I am a total Lily Lolo eyeshadow addict! Wonderful colours, great staying power!

Aubrey Nicole: love their brushes, and their full coverage foundation in Light Warm is my exact colour match!

Monave: I love their eyeliner pencils: soft and creamy with great staying power! Also, their mascara is very nice: not too clumpy, and gives enough length and volume for a good effect.

Silk Naturals: my new HG in foundation and finishing powders!!! Totally flawless airbrushed glowy look, just like skin but then 100 times better! Also feels like I'm not wearing any MU at all!

I'll update this once I've got my next order, LOL!

my favorite mineral make up is physicians formula i know that it isn't like a big brand but i still like how it works and i like it because it is sensitive to my sensitive skin.

Everyday Minerals = ultimate HG!

I'm currently lemming the Fyrinnae Rice Powder Primer.. =/ Any suggestions?

WOW it must be great for people living in US as you have so much choice.

Foundation BE in medium beige or beige

concealer BE bisque

finishing powder BE mineral veil or Lily lolo finishing powder

Eye shadow Lily lolo and BE
smile.gif

Hi,I`m new to here,and still there are some MMU which I`ve not try yet.

But as far My favorite is...

foundation- Meow(FF), alima, Lili Lolo

primer&finising powder -Joppa

eyeshadows&blush-LaurEss, JLynne,Mineral Boutique.

My own. I know the color match is perfect and if not, I can just mix up one that does match.

Foundation - Bella Pierre or Purely Cosmetics

Color Correctors (would you consider that a primer?) - Purely Cosmetics

Finishing powders or rice powders - don't use; refuse to use any foundation that needs to be "set".

Foundation--Lumiere Cashmere

Finishing Powder--The She Space "Finish It"

Eye Shadow--The She Space (especially Shadows of Doubt, Cynical Fairy, Rocked by Love and Decadent Daydream) as well as Lumiere glitz in Peppermint Patti

Blush--Lumiere blush (especially Dusty Rose) and all-over-color (which I use as a blush) in True Radiance, as well as Alima blush (especially Sahara)

Lips--The She Space Lip Junk in She Wolf

Brushes--Lumiere synthetic flat top, UGloGirl synthetic premium kabuki, UGloGirl synthetic premium flat-top, and eye shadow brushes of all shapes and sizes with synthetic bristles.
smile.gif

That should about cover it, but I do have tons of other favorites in other brands, but that just aren't quite my HG's! LOL!
smile.gif

Hoozey, what kind of mascara do you use?

Originally Posted by simisimi100 /img/forum/go_quote.gif hi there!what foundation in lumiere have a full heavy coverage?

thanks!

Lumiere's cashmere foundation has a great fuller coverage. It's my HG!!

My hg foundation is Lily Lolo. As for everything else, I'm too fickle. My favourite is whatever has most recently come in the mail
rotfl.gif

update:

Foundation:

- still Meow in Pampered and in Flawless - good coverage and satying power.

- Lumiere in Cashmere (I used all the samples and my f/s is late, I can't wait to get this) - less staying power than meow, but gives a bit better result, it looks more natural on the skin. It also offers good coverage and good staying power. I really like this foundation.

- Silk Naturals - I tried this by accident, and it's really great foundation. It makes your face look poreless. It has layerable coverage, and good satying powder and what is important it's really cheap.

- Aubrey Nicole in full coverage - this is my least favourite foundation, due to the problem with color match, however it's really good product. It has good coverage, good staying power, just all the colors are a bit too yellow.

Finishing powder:

- Silk Naturals - their dait bait and perfecting powder is just wonderful. If you want to look perfect, poreless you need to try this.

- Milan minerals - perfecting powder, it's not as good as silk narturals, but still good, I only don't like the way it smells, while it smells as a regular powder not mineral.

- meow cat glow - I like this powder but don't use it, while it's not as good as perfecting powder from silk naturals, however this is really good finishing powder.

- meow setting powder. I use it on my foundation before perfecting powder. This is really good product, a tiny bit of this powder extends staying power of any foundation.

Primer:

- I use Meow oily skin primer, but in my opinion it doesn't work, maybe it worked at the begining, now I use it only because I have it. I won't buy this again.

Usually I do not use mineral primers - I use Smashbox, Laura Geller, Mac and UDPP as eye primer. I also like millan gelle drops.

Bronzer:

- meow - firefly bronzers - I just love them, you will never find better bronzers. I love the whole collection. You may use it as a blush, and if you put it on the entire face, it makes you look more suntanned but and gives you subtle glow. However it never looks orange or fake. I simply love this product.

Eyeshadows:

I love She Space and mad minerals, however I buy pigmnets everywhere I'm just pigment maniac.

(in no particular order)

my HG foundation :

1. Larenim pressed foundation - matte and doesnt change color on me..the problem is, it's quite expensive

2. Meow Flawless Feline - very nice coverage and staying power..specially now that i'm breaking out and my oil glands are acting up

3. still looking for a 3rd brand haha
smile.gif

My HG blushes:

1. Lumiere - good staying power and color payoff

2. Meow - sheer and pretty colors

3. Monave and Valerie beauty - very nice staying power and color payoff

My HG eyeshadows:

1. Bare Escentuals - very good staying power and color payoff

2. Monave - staying power is good

3. Valerie Beauty - good colors

My HG foundations are Lauress, MEOW pampered puss, Monave Concealer-Foundation, Valerie Beauty and Lumiere.

Does no one like Pure Luxe? So far I've liked everything I've ever tried from them. Their foundation stays on all day, and if you need to mix colors to get your perfect shade, she will custom mix it for you at no charge. Her What Red? is great, as is her yellow corrector. I love their powdered erasers (cream erasers, not so much). Her blushers are so pretty. I love their April's Mix and Radiance and she's got some beautiful eyeshadows that stay on all day, as long as I use a primer. Her lippies I don't particularly care for though.

Back