Whats your style?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Style, why thats why I'm here! to learn about this stuff. My current goal is only to learn how to play up good features and play down things i don't like. From there I like styles that emphasize the eyes. <I like Karren's comment too!>

Great thread, I've liked reading everyone's responses.

I'm a 25 year old single mom. So while still trying to look pretty, I have to look respectable too. I'm going for more of a sophisticated, classy look. I have a lot to learn though. Before the two kids I used to put on jeans,a "sexy" top and trusty black shoes.

I'm purposely learning more about matching, coordinating, and style/fashion in general. I'm lovin' it!
smile.gif

modest but not frumpy (think cute tunic tops over a good pair of bootcuts)...i'm middle eastern so i love my galabeyas and we arab women love our jewellery (i'd rather not go OTT with it though) and kohls...but something along the lines of cute and casual with just a touch of ethnic glam for average daily wear.

mohavetunictop.jpg

Haha, I might try the "you can't afford me look"

I try to go for a down to earth yet unmistakably (sp) glamorous look.

Gorgeous tunic there Fatimah! I don't know if it's you in the photo, but from your avatar I say it may be or you look alike. I may have to look into some beautiful tunics like that. They look great with jeans as well. You have great taste!

Originally Posted by Melissa101 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Gorgeous tunic there Fatimah! I don't know if it's you in the photo, but from your avatar I say it may be or you look alike. I may have to look into some beautiful tunics like that. They look great with jeans as well. You have great taste! aww *blushes* thanks for the compliment Melissa...thts not me in the photo though lol although I do share her style (and her hair)...i love tunic tops, they're so versatile and comfy...great for warm weather too...and they come in a plethora of colors...i must say that i've got it alot harder because i do look for modest looking clothes and it gets kinda tough (i do like chinese shantung blouses and peasant tops too) but i try to pull off a good look in the end. i'm sure you'd look smashing in those beaded tunics! do post up some pics when u manage to get them
smile.gif

in general: vintage and lots of bright colors.

for school: jeans, tshirt, hoodie, guy vans sneekers

lately: the pinup, rockabilly thing (mainly since i got my bangs).

hmmm...im pretty boring. dark jeans and a killer pair of ridiculously high heels is my trademark though, apparently i dont look like "me" in anything else!

i love streetwear & the pin up look as well! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> am enjoying getting inspiration from Socialbliss.com It's a place to discover new trends, curate a collection of your fabulous finds and to visually share your inspiration :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Lol, I have to agree with your 'I'm expensive and you can't afford me' look. I have a habit of finding expensive clothes (I especially love finding name brand boots and jeans) in second hand store like Platos Closet. I found a really expensive pair of Seven For All Mankind jeans there once. But when it boils down to it I like a chic but slightly edgy style. I'm a huge boot and heel person, and I've bought sweater leggings for all my dresses so I can winterize them (love my dresses, I'd be lost all winter if I couldn't wear them). I've been kind of big into floral prints lately too. 

I love traditional looks, but some i time i like western looks and have so much interest in wearing evening gowns and dresses.

Hmm...I'm not sure what I would call my style.

I guess you could call it dressy casual...maybe? I wear a lot of skirts and dresses and cardigans...but I'll also wear tunics and leggings. And lately have gotten into blazers. I dress mainly for comfort and secondly to look good...and a few years ago, I discovered how awesome skirts and dresses are for that! I have at least 9 dresses that could be for "everyday" wear (though some are more dressy than others), and probably that many skirts as well.

I used to be a jean and t-shirt/hoodie kind of girl...but I've moved away from that. I honestly couldn't even tell you the last time I wore jeans! And as for hoodies? Yeah...I wear those in the house and to Pilates class...never actually out.

One thing I've never liked all that much is sneakers. I wear those to the gym and nowhere else. Give me a pair of flats any day, or boots if it's cold and/or raining. To me, sneakers aren't any more comfortable, and they're way less cute, so why wear them? I do have a pair of Sperry's though...and I do adore them!

I wish if i bought 'Diamond studded lipstick'. I believe anyone would be surprise if they hear the price. It's $62000.

Hahaha.... Great. But I love to looking like boys. I don't know why i am just in my casual jeans with smart shirt. Mostly i love to wear black with blue jeans. And my friend said that this color combination suit me very much. Anyways a slippers are always in my feet. And i feel very comfortable in such dressing. 

I like being comfortable chic, is that a thing? lol I am a tights addict with a slouchy top. I also enjoy sheer things (with tanks underneath!). layers, layers, layers
smile.gif
  So hobo meets employed?! hah

First of all, the most important thing is COMFORT. I would never buy anything unless it's comfortable. On top of that, I guess I would say it's classic with a twist with a little bit of sexiness thrown in the mix.

I usually shop at Guess and I also LOVE dresses.

White skinny jeans are classy af and can make you look expensive, also leather pumps, and fake pearl or diamond jewelry that looks legit!

Back