Whats your style?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Lately I've been going for the, I'm expensive and you can't afford me look.

What look do you go for?

LOL at the "you can't afford me look"...I guess that's kind of the look I'm going for too!
smile.gif
For the new year I want to wear more mature, more sophisticated clothes, but I still want to be trendy at the same time. I guess I want to dress older because people still mistake me for a teen when I'm halfway through 30!!! I was at the hospital once to see my OB-GYN and I asked the receptionist at the information booth where I need to check in, and she asked me if I was a teenager. Okay, weird question to ask in the first place, but I was like...um, no. LOL.
smile.gif

Anyway, recently I've been into boots, trench coats, and luxurious snakeskin/croc purses and clutches. I'd also like to start wearing more dresses too, like the pencil skirts from Bebe.

I'm not really sure what I'd say my style is. Sometimes i like to dress mature and then other times I'm wearing band hoodies/skull tops, etc. So It's pretty mixed up.

I also like the 'you can't afford me' look
biggrin.gif

my favourite look of all on work days though, is one that gives the impression of someone cool, calm, collected and professional.

On the weekends, my style is more easy going, casual and flirty.

Think crisp shirts, smart skirts and stilettos on weekdays and pretty dresses and smart flats on the weekends
smile.gif

There was an old thread that asked this - and I think my style has changed but not my taste in things.

I'm very simple. My friend says I like that whole "french/librarian" look. Lace tops and jeans with flats... grey, white, black colors - haha. When she said this I was laughing because I do gravitate to those types of clothes. No, over accessorizing and stuff. I either wear earings and a necklace. Or earrings and a big bag. Whereas they wear loud prints and famous shirts with nikes - I prefer tunic tops and cardigans. Haha.

But I do like everything. Preppy, boho, glam, whatever...

Me and Krissy do dress "older" than the rest of our friends.

I don't have just one particular style...for the most part at work I go for the more sophisticated look, but out of work..you can probably see me in trendy stuff, hello kitty clothes (lol), ed hardy clothes, or that sexy librarian look. I'm all over the place.

I don't "go for" a particular look, I just do cute and casual, with a touch of glam or something along those lines.

i guess i'd say put together and functional. i'm pretty much in business attire most of the time. slacks and blazers, pencil skirts and blazers, etc. on the weekends i like jeans with button down shirts and camis. pretty run of the mill.

Hell I'm trying for any look that doesn't say "Guy in a dress". Hahaha. But its always classyish and not very casual...

Originally Posted by Karren_Hutton /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hell I'm trying for any look that doesn't say "Guy in a dress". Hahaha. LOL!

I don't go for just one particular look. I like to mix it up, I like a little bit of everything, so it really just depends on what I'm feeling that day.

I don't know what I'd call it but I definitely like to look my best. I like pencil skirts, dresses, dark jeans, heels and flats, lots of stuff from Anthropologie, shop bop, H&M, stores like that.

it all depends on my mood.

usually, my style is very casual, sporty, and laid back

I would say glamourous, rock and roll chic...usually consisting of jeans, funky heels, sexy boots, graphic tanks, embellished hoodies, black leggings, multiple necklaces, black eyeliner, bangle bracelets, and a diamond nose ring.

My style changes all the time. For work it's professional (suits) and at home it's soft and flowing, or sporty or glam, depending on what mood I'm in.

I love all things pin-up.

So for a while now I have been thinking of ways I can evoke that in a modern way.

I'm going to make a scrap book, I guess you could call it that, with inspirations pics and tips (i.e wearing flowers in my hair,high waist jeans, skirts, heels, curly hair,capri's, etc.)

If I am at work it is sweaters and dress pants with flats or loafers (stupid feet making me wear old woman shoes). If it is my day off it is jeans and a tee with a pair of tennis shoes or flip flops. I like to be comfy.

my personal style: I'm a "theme" dresser, but I try to be subtle about it most of the time. but I have a tendency for gaudy or just over the top.

and it's like a complete personality change to go with. But no one takes it seriously. so it's never fake as much as its just comical.

hmm i dunno, for everyday it really varies, but at night, i am def. glamorous (think beyonce in her gold sequined gowns
smile.gif
)

i'd like to think i'm quite individual! if i saw something in a magazine i wouldn't rush out to buy it. im pretty much always wearing skinny jeans but i love bright colours so my clothes are normally bright, stripey or both lol
smile.gif

Honestly my style is all over the board. It really depends on my mood that day- could be retro, classic, or sporty. One thing that is consistent is I don't like to wear a lot of jewelery.

Latest posts

Back