When do you decide enough make-up is enough?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just wanted to know when if (ever) do you say to yourself I don't need anything else?

*I think I am itching to that point. I've made some major purchases in the last week or so, and I am thinking that I am good for a good while*

i can sometimes convince myself to stop but only until a new collection comes out?

Im already saying that. Im trying my hardest not to buy anymore makeup and im doing pretty good. The only think i do buy are things like foundation, TM and powder because i used those most.

I already know I have enough. More than enough. But there is always a shade of blush or bronzer, I don't have, ooh, LOOK SOMETHING SHINY!

(It will never, ever end.)

I always discover something new to buy.. Then again I only have a small collection (for now....)
biggrin.gif

Enough is never enough for me. You just keep thinking that there is something better out there that you could be missing.

That pink gloss I just bought could be the best pink ever made!!

Originally Posted by PaperFlowers /img/forum/go_quote.gif I already know I have enough. More than enough. But there is always a shade of blush or bronzer, I don't have, ooh, LOOK SOMETHING SHINY!

(It will never, ever end.)

Ditto. In my case there's always a shade of EVERYTHING I'm convinced I don't have lol.

if you love makeup, and i do, then enough is never enough. you're always looking for the next best thing!

mimichanton 206- I really like the makeup from your avator, especially the lipgloss. What are the colors and brand if you don't mind my asking? Thank you!

I've kind of spontaneously stopped buying stuff recently. I'll buy more stuff when I feel like it again. Nothing happened, I just stopped, I do that sometimes.

There is no end, heres why. ( this may not be popular ) makeup is like painting. Sure you have people that just put it on as they have always done just that, everyday wear. But your into colors, blending, sparkles etc.. etc... it's really just painting. So I would say it's more like a hobby than anything else. You quit or slowdown when you lose interest.

Just look to any hobby, and you'll find groups of people that take that hobby to extreem. Take fish tanks for example. There are people that have saltwater fish tanks. Huge ones in the 400 to 1000 gallon range. They have it loaded with corals, fish, real rocks and sand from the ocean. I even heard about one guy that had such a large tank he had to have a garage door opener installed in his attic to lift the hood of his tank. This is any hobby really. The only limit to your hobby is your personal interest, desire, and pocketbook.

I don't ever come to that point. Usually when I got shopping, there is ALWAYS a sale. Whether it be clothes, make up , etc . If it's on sale, why not?

Originally Posted by adrianavanessa /img/forum/go_quote.gif I don't ever come to that point. Usually when I got shopping, there is ALWAYS a sale. Whether it be clothes, make up , etc . If it's on sale, why not? I knowwwwwwwwwwwww......I need rehab!!!

Latest posts

Back