When do you think I should give it to him?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i need your opinions, please!

last night, i did some last-minute shopping for an extra christmas gift for toby (already bought him something "big") and now i'm doubting whether or not i should give it to him for christmas.

i'm not sure if you're familiar with it, but it's a book called how we met. what it is is a book that the people who work for the company (or whatever you wanna call them) put together and all you gotta do is fill some stuff out.

on the front of the book, it will say our names and the date we met or just the year. on the second page, it says "Here's to the rest of our lives". from the year you give them, which will be 2006 for us, throughout the book, the pages will be taken up with headlines from 2006, popular fashion, etc., things that were popular/significant in 2006. then, it'll have our names and the meanings all fancy, and then a section with "our memories" and questions we fill out.

yeah, 2006 was only last year, but 40, 50, 60 years from now, toby and i can look back on it and think of how we went through all of that TOGETHER and how long ago it was. i know it's corny, but i'm corny
wink.gif

so, my question: i told my cousin about it and i told her i might wanna save it for february when we [hopefully] get married and give it to him then, but she says for a gift like that, it should be more special and i should just give it to him as a christmas gift cuz it's a nice idea, but not wedding wow.

what do you think?

thanks for any feedback!!!

I think it would be a special wedding gift. If you don't think it's enough you can give something with it but it's a very sweet idea.

thanks for your replies! i think it's sweet extra, too. i mean, he's getting the greatest gift of all... ME!

wink.gif

I personally think it would be more meaningful if you gave it to him the night before or the night of your wedding. That's sooo cute. Yeah, I think it would definitely mean more then.

Originally Posted by Jennifer /img/forum/go_quote.gif thanks for your replies! i think it's sweet extra, too. i mean, he's getting the greatest gift of all... ME!
wink.gif

And posts like these one is why we miss you on here.

Originally Posted by bella1342 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I personally think it would be more meaningful if you gave it to him the night before or the night of your wedding. That's sooo cute. Yeah, I think it would definitely mean more then. I agree with Nicole.

I'm with Marisol and Nicole! Definitely wedding gift! Just be warned, those books are hard to keep up with. You have to fill all that stuff out right? I got something like that when Aleda was born 2 1/2 years ago and I'm already behind! LOL!

I think it'd be a very special wedding gift, but on the other hand, weddings are so romantic and over the top that maybe the significance would be lost somewhat? whereas if you give it to him for christmas, it's in a way more special since it stands alone as a romantic gift.

I think it could work for either to be honest, but yeah.. it really depends how many other romantic things you are planning in the wedding or what have you as to whether it would get lost in the crush
smile.gif

thank you for replying, everyone!!!

Originally Posted by Marisol /img/forum/go_quote.gif And posts like these one is why we miss you on here. Originally Posted by AngelaGM /img/forum/go_quote.gif That would be a very thoughtful Wedding Gift! Come back we miss you!!!! i know, i know. i miss you guys, too
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Kathy /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm with Marisol and Nicole! Definitely wedding gift! Just be warned, those books are hard to keep up with. You have to fill all that stuff out right? I got something like that when Aleda was born 2 1/2 years ago and I'm already behind! LOL! LOL it's only questions about the first time we met and around that time
smile.gif

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think it'd be a very special wedding gift, but on the other hand, weddings are so romantic and over the top that maybe the significance would be lost somewhat? whereas if you give it to him for christmas, it's in a way more special since it stands alone as a romantic gift.
I think it could work for either to be honest, but yeah.. it really depends how many other romantic things you are planning in the wedding or what have you as to whether it would get lost in the crush
smile.gif

i know what you're saying, BUT we're not having a wedding. we're just going to the courthouse to do a quicky, so i think it'll stand out, right?
smile.gif

definately.. if that's the type of wedding you're having then I think it'd be a really nice touch. I mean, if you were having a huge wedding it might detract from the romanticism of the book but since it's much more intimate, I think it's a really nice romantic touch. With that in mind I'd almost definately give it to him for the wedding

(except in real life I am INCAPABLE of keeping gifts. I give them almost as soon as I've bought them, LOL)

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif definately.. if that's the type of wedding you're having then I think it'd be a really nice touch. I mean, if you were having a huge wedding it might detract from the romanticism of the book but since it's much more intimate, I think it's a really nice romantic touch. With that in mind I'd almost definately give it to him for the wedding
(except in real life I am INCAPABLE of keeping gifts. I give them almost as soon as I've bought them, LOL)

hahaha! i'm gonna tell him i got him something for our wedding day, but i won't tell him. i have such a big mouth! i can't keep a secret LOL
thanks for your opinion
smile.gif

Originally Posted by dentaldee /img/forum/go_quote.gif for your wedding for sure......definitely more touching then!!! thanks
smile.gif

Give it to Toby as a wedding gift! That's such an awesome book! I need to get one LOL!

How cute! I agree with everyone - It would make a wonderful wedding gift.

Latest posts

Back