When you were a child, name some things that you were terrified of...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
this is funny now. but I remember when I was a kid, I was terrified of the vacuum cleaner. I hated it when my mom would clean. I guess I was scared because it was loud and sucked things up.

Name some things that you were afraid of as a kid that you were afraid of then......

The guys who dress up as Easter Bunny and Santa Claus in malls to get your picture taken with them! My mom tried to get me to sit on their laps and all that, but I was not having anything to do with them! Yikes! I Think the premise of some stranger dressing up in a costume where you can't recognize them is freaky to kids; I also don't like clowns (that's partly due to the movie IT, though!) Anyways, she told me one time I wandered away in the mall, and they had to call security and lock down the mall, the whole nine yards, and I came back up to her like 20 minutes later, and when she asked me where I went, I said 'Santa Claus!' I don't think she believed me...
icon_cheesygrin.gif

freddy kruger, my mama's belt, the curly boy, which was a gang that used to taunt my cousins and i for years only to find out the leader liked my sister.

umm... i'm still a little scared-y cat with scary movies.

still scared of heights. lol

still don't like walking over grates on the street. i always think the one time it breaks, it'll be me walking over one.

umm... i'm still a little scared-y cat with scary movies. still scared of heights. lolQUOTE]

Me too! I can't even re-watch movies like the Exorcist and the Shining because they scared me sh*tless when I watched them with my sisters in our basement when I was nine. When I'm home alone, I get nightmares that the possessed girl is coming into my bedroom to kill me, or hiding under my bed or in the air vent, speaking in that creepy voice, and her face still scares me if I think about what it looks like! I also had nightmares that the scary lady in the bathtub from the Shining was coming to get me and strangle me in my sleep! I have a much too vivid imagination to watch those kinds of movies, I think! Oh, and Chucky. The thought of some doll in my room attacking me with a knife is horrible. Chucky doesn't scare me anymore, but it did when I was little and played with dolls!

And I don't ride amusement rides that have loops, and I know that the one time I get on one, I am going to get stuck upside down, or get stuck at the top of the hugest hill!

Moral of the story: Parents, don't let your kids watch horror movies when they're in grade school. They will have psycho nightmares for life. And kids, if your imagination runs wild, you've been warned
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I was afraid that the doll Chucky was going to get me!
icon_lol.gif
Hmmm lemme think of what else... When I was home alone I always thought some evil being was upstairs and was going to get me.
icon_redface.gif

I was afraid of squirrels!

They ran wild in the yards of my elementary school, sometimes coming into the classrooms. A teacher told us not to try to pet or pick up the squirrels, because they have rabies. So the logic went: a squirrel with rabies bites you, you can get rabies too and will die. I actually thought squirrels attacked children at will. So sad!
icon_redface.gif
My little brother used to chase them out of the yard for me.

Here are some squirrels attacking creamy peanut butter. LOL!

squirrel65.jpg

mirrors, particularly at night. I couldn't sleep in a room with mirrors. My parents thought I was crazy and insisted that I have a mirror in my bedroom so I had to turn my bedroom mirror backward without them knowing. It took me years to get over it, and sometimes they still spook me if I get up to use the bathroom at night.

i was afraid of mirrors too! there's this urban legend about Bloody Mary who appears in mirrors when you do stuff. so everytime i went into the bathroom, i would duck down below the mirror or close my eyes. LOL

ET... flat-headed SOB... um, i couldn't sleep with the closet door open because something would come out and get me... absolutely T-E-R-R-I-F-I-E-D of the upstairs at my great-grandmas house (AND the big old deer head in the front hall)....

oh, my god, mirrors were the worst for me. the kids at school used to do bloody mary A LOT and i used to CRY (elementary school). sometimes when i'm in bed at night, i stare at my mirror and just remember how i was so scared!

liz, i'm also afraid of walking over those. i won't do it. i won't walk over the basement one (like for the stores) and the cages (don't know the name) like where the subways are. if it's crowded, i'll wait for everyone to walk by so i can go on the sidewalk.

Originally Posted by Jennifer oh, my god, mirrors were the worst for me. the kids at school used to do bloody mary A LOT and i used to CRY (elementary school). sometimes when i'm in bed at night, i stare at my mirror and just remember how i was so scared!
liz, i'm also afraid of walking over those. i won't do it. i won't walk over the basement one (like for the stores) and the cages (don't know the name) like where the subways are. if it's crowded, i'll wait for everyone to walk by so i can go on the sidewalk.

haha. we're the same!i just recently went on the golden gate bridge. i'm already scared of heights, so there was like 10" of concrete seperating from my death already, so no way was i going to walk over those metal things!

When I was a kid I watched a horror movie at a friends house whose parents didn't monitor anything. I think it was called Graduation Day, and it was really stupid and cheesy, but back then it terrified me. The killer dressed up in a fencing uniform with the mask and stuff, and went around killing people with his sword. It took me years till I didn't see that masked phycho in every shadow.

And I was always terrified of the dark in general. I had a very overactive imagination.

I was terrified of the wrestler the Undertaker..he was sooooooo scary!! I used to think he was under my bed!

Terrified? Hmmm. That's a very powerful word. If you want to just go with your basic childlike fears I was truly, madly and deeply afraid of strangers in cars and the "Hootenanny" which was an Indian-like child predator that lived in my closet...according to my father. Looking back, it seems my fears were a hell of alot less than the ones I have now....like my fan falling from my ceiling while I sleep, the countless things that could happen to me or my child, reckless drivers (people like to rear-end me --- not like that). Losing my sight.....etc, etc, etc.

I was, and probably always will be be, afraid of the dark
icon_redface.gif

And yeah, mirrors used to scare me a lot too. When I was young, there was a mirror close to my bed, and I always thought I would see the reflections of my dead relatives or something looking back at me.

OH MAN!! I don't walk over the grates (?) on the sidewalk either! I have to have my closet door completely closed when I sleep. I REFUSE to dangle my feet over the edge of my bed! There is DEFINATELY something hiding under there just waiting to grab me and pull me under!!! Also, I am afraid of the dark. I am just one big scaredy cat! I am afraid of so much. I think about stupid stuff like being stuck on the rollercoasters and all of that too! What is wrong with us?!

E.T.

After I saw the movie I was sure he was in my closet and couldn't sleep for 2 days. E.T. is NOT cute, he's creepy.

LOL @ eighthirty!

ooh, i'm STILL afraid of the dark! for some reason i think that aliens are real and they're going to get me. or that i'll see a ghost. lol. i'm wierd.
icon_redface.gif

Latest posts

Back