When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
and how much has that changed?

I wanted to be a veterinarian. I'm about to start nursing school, so I guess the general idea is similar, just a different clientele :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I wanted to be an eye doctor...I work at a non-profit. Not quite, lol. I"m still in the medical industry, but not directly. 

A nurse... until I realized that needles were involved... oh.. and blood -__-

I'm studying to be an accountant now~~

I wanted to be in the Navy and I was pretty much on my way until my Junior year in HS and then switched gears and applied to Interior Design school. I was all set to go to one of the best schools and do an exchange program in France when I got pregnant and had to drop out.

Sometimes, I can't help but play the what if game. 

I wanted to be a lawyer - fighting for the little people. Then I realized it was more fun to wreck stuff so I became an engineer.

I wanted to be a teacher until I got to junior high. I quickly realized I didn't have the patience lol.

I wanted to be a Paleontologist and research shark evolution. My mom used to bury chicken and steak bones in the yard without telling me and I'd get all excited when I dug them up lol. I went to college for 3 years majoring in zoology with an emphasis on Ichthyology, but had to drop out when my scholarships ran out. Until I can go back to school my boyfriend and I just go fossil hunting at a nearby megalodon breeding ground for fun :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think my goals were pretty low-- in elementary school, I wanted to be a cafeteria lady, because they made the best food, hahaha. 

Originally Posted by Fairest of all /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wanted to be a Paleontologist and research shark evolution. My mom used to bury chicken and steak bones in the yard without telling me and I'd get all excited when I dug them up lol. I went to college for 3 years majoring in zoology with an emphasis on Ichthyology, but had to drop out when my scholarships ran out. Until I can go back to school my boyfriend and I just go fossil hunting at a nearby megalodon breeding ground for fun
smile.gif
Wow! That sounds like fun!

At first I wanted to be a guitar player in a rock band, I even applied to GIT (Guitar Institute of Technology) in California, but the emphasis was on being a session player, so I withdrew, but I played in a local bar band. Then I wanted to become an archeologist, because I love history, but unfortunately my grades were poor.

I grew up in the heart of the Rocky Mountains in BC and hunting and fishing are big out there. Whenever I went with the guys, I was more interested in the surrounding geology. lol.

Well when I was really small I wanted to be an Elephant Washer as I so eloquently put it to my dad. I got to touch and feed an elephant and I loved it so that dream went on for a couple of years.

After that I constantly went from dream to dream, never really finding myself anchored to one. In my early 20s I realized that my dreams weren't attached to a job. As the daughter of a two parents who have loads of college degrees and have held a lot of "power jobs", I never wanted to give up my whole life for a job. I found I was more of a creative dreamer who wanted to travel, paint, do graphic artistry, bake, do makeup, web design etc. Obviously those aren't the most lucrative options. Luckily I have a wonderful hub that allows me to be a SAHM and indulge my true artistic passions occasionally.

I wanted to be a lawyer since I was little. I was once told by a teacher who was a lawyer in 6th grade that I wasnt smart enough to be one... I gave up on it for a while but thats what Ive always came back to.. So now going into my second year in college, im a poli sci major with hopes of becoming a lawyer someday, ignoring what I was told... The funny thing is that I graduated with honors and in the top 5-10% (dont really remember) in highschool.
tongue.gif

When I was really small, I wanted to be a judge. When I got older, I realized it would take forever and I would have to spend a lot of time away from my family. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

In high school, I started to be interested in teaching younger children, which is my current profession. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

A cartoonist, which shocked the hell out of Sister Mary Yardstick, who was recruiting me for the convent. Or trying to recruit me. Poverty, chastity, and obedience didn't sound particularly attractive as a ten year old and I have even less of those job qualifications now. She kept trying to convince me that I could be a nun AND a cartoonist.

P.S.: Sister Mary Yardstick left the convent two years after I left Catholic school. I became neither a nun nor a cartoonist. I'm still trying to be an astronaut.

I wanted to be a marine biologist, of course! Ended up being horrible at science, so fell into a field  I actually love -- Technology! 

I wanted to be a paleontologist, but my parents talked me out of it and I ended up getting a degree in translating.

Latest posts

Back