Where can i get Remington Wet 2 Straight Ceramic Straightening Iron

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
does anyone know where i can get the Remington Wet 2 Staright Ceramic iron? i read some reviews and i really want it now but i dont know where to get it. Is it Really Worth It. If not What straighteners are worth it?
icon_sad.gif
icon_rolleyes.gif

You can find the Remington at Ulta... that's where I got mine. I really don't ever flat iron my hair - so I dont' need a chi, but the remington Is actually quite good... my friend started using it in her salon to help speed up the process of straightening.
wink.gif

I heard it was good too... I use to have one in fact. I just got mine at Kmart for $35 i think...

I didn't really work well on my hair, but i think that's just my hair.
icon_rolleyes.gif

yeah they sell it online too, a more expensive iron will probably satisfy you better.
icon_wink.gif

Hi,

I've heard mixed reviews on this straightener because "they" say you never should straighten your hair with it wet, causes a lot of damage. I've had my hair professionally straightened (Thermal Reconditioning) and it has grown out now, so I use my Chi quite often, I have the wide one and the skinny one (not sure of the exact dimensions) I love them both. Any kind of straightening with an iron is bad for your hair, so I only wash my hair about 2 times a week, thank goodness I can get away with this. HTH.

Suziqq

i decieded i wanted the Solia Tourmaline Ceramic Ion Flat Iron. Is their anywhere else i can get it. or can i only get it on folica.com

Try Ebay! Ya never know!

I bought one of my Chi's from MUA - and the other one I bought from beautytalk.com. Just put a message out there about ceramic flat irons that people don't use or have for sale. I got great buys on mine!!!

Originally Posted by makeuplvr i decieded i wanted the Solia Tourmaline Ceramic Ion Flat Iron. Is their anywhere else i can get it. or can i only get it on folica.com

I bought one at Walmart-

Originally Posted by makeuplvr does anyone know where i can get the Remington Wet 2 Staright Ceramic iron? i read some reviews and i really want it now but i dont know where to get it. Is it Really Worth It. If not What straighteners are worth it?
icon_sad.gif
icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by Charmaine What would you suggest as a heat protectant? I want to keep my hair healthy... Oooh.. there's a bunch of them out there... I like Hask Straight Solution, CHI makes a good one, ummm... I believe Sally sells one under the brand "Ion' -
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by Charmaine Thanks J! I saw the Chi one at Trade Secret and the price was too much for my tastes.. But I'll check out that Ion one, probably a lot cheaper. Yeah - and everything at Sally is usually comparable to a high end product... so it's pretty decent. Probably a similar version of the CHI
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Charmaine Thanks J! I saw the Chi one at Trade Secret and the price was too much for my tastes.. But I'll check out that Ion one, probably a lot cheaper. i got the ion one at sally, the line has alot of stuff that are really good. the only thing is that the smells are a little gross for my taste. I know people that liked the smell but maybe im just wierd.

Originally Posted by makeuplvr i got the ion one at sally, the line has alot of stuff that are really good. the only thing is that the smells are a little gross for my taste. I know people that liked the smell but maybe im just wierd. You can also try Biolage Fortifying Heat Styler, or L'Oreal Studio line just came out with 2 new products for curly and straight hair heat styling. (Pink bottles)
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I bought the Remington W2S and I wasn't hugelyimpressed, but it's still a neat concept. I need to tinker with it a little more because I may have it on too cool of a setting (trying to be careful.)

My one gripe is that I have tried a few different protectants and my hair felt MORE parched when I used product with the Remington, than when I didn't. The userguide doesn't say anything about using protectant or other product.
icon_neutral.gif

Originally Posted by hanahou I bought the Remington W2S and I wasn't hugelyimpressed, but it's still a neat concept. I need to tinker with it a little more because I may have it on too cool of a setting (trying to be careful.)
My one gripe is that I have tried a few different protectants and my hair felt MORE parched when I used product with the Remington, than when I didn't. The userguide doesn't say anything about using protectant or other product.
icon_neutral.gif

Which protectant are you using?? Also are you straightening your hair from a dry/damp state or is it soaking wet? You also have to take into consideration the condition of your hair too. I find I get better results with it if my hair is already damp/somewhat dry first. I also find I get better results from cream protectants than sprays. I like Biolage Heat Styler... seems to work nicely. I really don't iron much though - my shampoo, conditioner & straightening tonic get it pretty straight on its own w/ just the dryer. Ever since I've been using them, my hair looks like I ironed it, that SUPER straight look with pin straight ends... and its better for my hair not to use the iron.. so it works for me
wink.gif

I've tried the Bumble & Bumble spray (from my other thread) as well as a few other sprays/creams. And I agree, creams work better for me. I also just bought a leave-in by Joico and it seems to work well.

I'm using the Remington on damp to semi-dry hair. I don't need pin-straight hair, just "mostly straight." LOL. Even a little wave is fine by me.

Originally Posted by hanahou I've tried the Bumble & Bumble spray (from my other thread) as well as a few other sprays/creams. And I agree, creams work better for me. I also just bought a leave-in by Joico and it seems to work well.
I'm using the Remington on damp to semi-dry hair. I don't need pin-straight hair, just "mostly straight." LOL. Even a little wave is fine by me.

I like a little wave myself sometimes... especially since my hair is angled with a long layer or two.... it usually looks better with the ends not so pin straight
wink.gif

Originally Posted by makeuplvr does anyone know where i can get the Remington Wet 2 Staright Ceramic iron? i read some reviews and i really want it now but i dont know where to get it. Is it Really Worth It. If not What straighteners are worth it?
icon_sad.gif
icon_rolleyes.gif
Heat from metal mixed with water and or steam on hair equals fried. You are just boiling your hair if you use stuff like that.

true... the ceramic disperses water more... but you still need to be careful with the high temps... they're brutal
wink.gif

I think I saw this at K-mart yesterday!! Not to sure thought was not looking for it, but another Iron. Good luck

Latest posts

Back