Where do you store your makeup?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new!

Where does everyone store their makeup? I was looking at the MAC train case, but $225? Does anybody know anything a little more affordable yet durable and stylish?

I have the MAC carry all case and a few of the smaller cases but they are not big enough and a lot of my make up is just on a shelf in my wardrobe.

I was thinking of getting that case myself when I go to the states as its £200 in the UK so almost $400

Welcome Sweetface! I'm Janelle from NY - nice to meet you!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I have most of my stuff in 2 train cases... well one is a Caboodles train case I got at Ulta ($40) and the other is an aluminum tackle box (Kmart - $29) and you really couldn't tell it was a tackle box b/c it looks just like a train case!
smile.gif

hi!

welcome to MuT! you're gonna love it here! I'm Lauryn from NJ.. I store my makeup in a large cosmetics train case that i got on ebay about 2 years ago. Its sturdy and LOCKS! I love it!

I bought a traincase at Wal-Greens for $20. It's not big enough for a huge mu collection, but it fits my small (but growing) collection just fine!

However I don't really have a place to store the traincase, lol. We have a tiny bathroom with no counters or cupboards (just a sink on the wall, and we bought a small shelving unit), and the bedroom is pretty much full of stuff .... right now I keep my traincase on my bookshelf next to my text books! lol

When I outgrow my current traincase, I want to look at toolboxes and tackle boxes -- several girls on this site use them for mu, and you can fit tons of mu into the little shelves and compartments, and they're so cheap compared to name-brand traincases!

Hi! Welcome to Mut!

I keep my makeup in a traincase that I got on ebay. It's bigger and wayyyy cheaper than th eMAC ones. I have a pic of it in my notepad if you wanna check it out
smile.gif

Welcome to MuT! I use a big art supply storage box that I picked up at the art store. Everything fits perfectly, and it was so cheap! I like to carry my box around. Usually I'm just moving it between the bathroom and my sewing table where I usually store it, but sometimes I take it over to a friends house for make overs!

Originally Posted by sweetface18 Hi, I'm new!
Where does everyone store their makeup? I was looking at the MAC train case, but $225? Does anybody know anything a little more affordable yet durable and stylish?

welcome welcome!! My name is Ashley, from Texas
smile.gif

Anyways, I too use a 20.00 tacklebox i got from walmart! Refer to my notepad to see pics!
smile.gif

I have a huge traincase that I bought from Nordies for about $50 and I also store my items on a few shelves, the bathroom counter, and in a great storage thingy that I got from the container. I attached a pic of it... I LOVE it!!

Hi and welcome.

I store my make up in a Sephora train case. It's easier for me because I am a freelance make up artist.

Hi and welcome to MuT sweetface
icon_smile.gif
Mine is an organizer from QVC and I love it. I tried a train case but this just works for me. I bought one for my sister and send it to Paris, France. She really likes it too.

H78557
dash.gif
Portable Cosmetic Organizer by Lori Greiner

http://images-p.qvc.com/is/image/h/57/h78557.003?$moreviewmain$

I keep mines in 2 train cases 1 from Sephora, and 1 from ebay.. personally I love the Sephora Midnight Traincase, it's got removable dividers and many slots so that you can organize them however you'd like.. it's a bit pricey, but they've got other choices at different sizes.. check it out:
http://www.sephora.com/browse/sectio...tegoryId=S5000

I like the sephora one (midnighth train case) and it's sooooooo much cheaper than tthe MAC one. BUT, I got a knockoff one from eBay

Originally Posted by mAra I keep mines in 2 train cases 1 from Sephora, and 1 from ebay.. personally I love the Sephora Midnight Traincase, it's got removable dividers and many slots so that you can organize them however you'd like.. it's a bit pricey, but they've got other choices at different sizes.. check it out:
http://www.sephora.com/browse/sectio...tegoryId=S5000

HI! I was debating on the sephora midnight for a long while too, it pricey, but its wayyyy cheaper than mac.

welcome to MUT, sweetface!

i have the sephora midnight traincase. i looooooove it. it's too small for me now, but i just keep it open on my dresser. if i need to bring it somewhere, i take things out of it that i don't use.

Originally Posted by sweetface18 HI! I was debating on the sephora midnight for a long while too, it pricey, but its wayyyy cheaper than mac. I think it's worth it.. I really want the Midnight Studio traincase.. overall it's a bit smaller but the pull up tray makes up for it in space..and it's a tiny bit cheaper, I really need another one.. my others are starting to look like crowded busses lol

Originally Posted by Never2muchMU I have a huge traincase that I bought from Nordies for about $50 and I also store my items on a few shelves, the bathroom counter, and in a great storage thingy that I got from the container. I attached a pic of it... I LOVE it!! I have the same organizer/storage thingy from The Container Store. It's my fave storage unit yet, though I'm about to outgrow it. When I do, the spillover will go into one of my 3-drawer Sterilite plastic units.

Latest posts

Back