Where should I get my makeup done for prom?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm getting my makeup done for prom but I have no idea where. I have a Sephora, Chanel, Lancôme, Dior, Clinique, Bobbi Brown, Estée Lauder, And MAC around me. I'm really looking at Bobbi Brown, Chanel, Dior, and Lancôme because they have awesome makeup and I think they could give me the best look. I want something natural, like a brown/taupe smoke eye? Honestly I have no idea haha. Who has the best makeup artists (peole who are actually trained)? What experiences have you had at these places? And if you know how much these cost, let me know. Because if I get it done and have to buy a minimum of 3 products then Chanel and Dior are out! Haha they're very expensive! But if it's like a minimum of $50 redeemable for products then that's fine. PLEASE help me!! I need to book an appointment ASAP! Thanks.

Hello! I am past prom going age, but for my wedding which was just last year I went to the MAC store and asked for the best person they had-they happened to then pull out a book of working freelance makeup artists that worked for MAC but also did out business outside of MAC as well. So they gave me the contact info for the girl they thought would fit my tastes best and it ended up working out so great! The woman I hired had a very reasonable rate, and she even came to my house to do my makeup and my bridal partys makeup without any extra charge for travel etc. I would recommend that you try to see when the person you are interested in working with is working next at the MAC counter so you can come in for a trial run-or at least come and meet him/her to make sure that will be the right fit and that they can do what you are wanting to have done.

Hope this helps and good luck to you! I know they are good at accommodating last minute things cause when I went in it was merely DAYS before my wedding-and I had been going to failed makeup trial after failed makeup trial prior to coming to MAC and meeting their freelance artists, so I feel your pain and probably your panic too! Good luck!!

smile.gif

Oh and the colors my artist used on me-that got me the look it sounds like you are going for-soft but smoky were: Mac's satin taupe and the mac pigment called "jigs and jive" which I believe is not currently sold anymore-part of the Mac a tartan tale xmas collection-the little small minis-but there may be a place online you can find it. I don't think she used anything in the crease..I just love satin taupe on my eyes-it is not too warm of a taupe, yah know! Anyways now I am really done ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> lol hope all this info ends up helping somehow! And if not it is getting me to my "15 posts limit" so I can start selling some of my barely swatched makeup! 

Have a great prom!!

iagree.gif

Back