Where to start!?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone I wanted to introduce myself and also ask a question!

So I'm 19 years old and I am a guy, buttt I am really interested in learning makeup!! Because surprise I'm gay.
smiletongue.gif

But so basically I asked my girlfriends for their ideas on how to get started with makeup, and they gave me some interesting answers!

For one they told me mascaras you can find lots of good ones and then they said to stick with like bare and simple brands like that with other stuff,

but I'd like to get some girls opinions who really care about makeup?

I'm sorry I feel like such a loser cuz I know nothingggg

Also I have freckles! So that is something that I'm not too sure about how to deal with. Also how do you girls feel about the kits?

Welcome to Makeup Talk! Glad to have you hear!

This is a great place to learn and teach new ideas and tips! If you have any questions, feel free to ask any of the mods or the community at large. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

When it comes to playing with make up, it really is that, playing. You need to experiment and find what works best for you and what you like. I will dabble with just about anything to get a feel for it. Sometimes I love it, sometimes it just ok and sometimes I hate it. 

After awhile, you start to get a feel for what works best for you.

The great thing about make up is that their aren't many "rules". It really is something that you need to experiment with and see what works for you.

Do you have any specific questions? Do you want to wear full face make up?

Well yes! and I was really more asking where should I start, like basic flesh tone colors or...?

And would I be wasting my time if I bought say a bareminerals kit? Should I just buy individually?

Sorrrry I'm so full of questions!

Originally Posted by frecks84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well yes! and I was really more asking where should I start, like basic flesh tone colors or...?

And would I be wasting my time if I bought say a bareminerals kit? Should I just buy individually?

Welcome to MUT!

If you are starting to experiment on make up, I suggest you buy deluxe kits from Sephora/Ulta so you will know in which items you would want to invest on.
smile.gif

YouTube is a great resource and most any mag like Allure or Glamour are good places to get info. I'd stay away from kits and buy individual products that suit you best.

Welcome! There's lots of men that have come our way, some gay, some not, all interested in makeup. Feel free to roam and post questions, we all love to share.

Hi!  Are you trying to figuring out which shade to buy foundation in?  As for kits, I usually do not buy them.  When I used Bare Minerals, I only bought the mineral in my shade and a brush.  I felt that the other stuff in the kit was unnecessary.  However, if you can see yourself using the other stuff in the kit, the kit might be a better deal for you.

Originally Posted by frecks84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

As for foundation, I would go to Sephora or Ulta to try things out. Or even Macy's. Any place where they allow you to try make up. If u feel self conscious about testing the colors on ur jaw line, you can always resort to the back of ur hand but that is not the best way. I agree with the above post, if you think you'll use everything in a kit, then go for it. If not then just buy one piece at a time. Again, Sephora or Ulta lets you test out make up, so their ur best bet to try out eyeshadow, etc.

Back