Where were you when 9/11 happened?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was at the gym. I went to go take a shower in the locker room and I kept hearing on the radio that a plane had hit the WTC. I thought it was a small plane and was really fuzzy about what was going on. As soon as I got home, I remember just watching the TV for hours and hours and finding out exactly what happened. I was in a state of shock. I didn't know anybody in NY or anything, but my sister was in PA. It took us a long time to get ahold of her, but we were worried because of the plane that crashed in PA.

Hi,

I was sleeping. My brother called to tell me. I was so confused. I didn't think it was real. I kept picturing a small cesna or something. I thought the building was fine. Please don't take this the wrong way, but I Laughed. I thought they killed themselves w/o killing someone else! THEN my brother got mad and said watch the news. I started crying as soon as I turned on the TV.

We were in the middle of moving to a new house. My mom, dad, sister, and myself were all loaded into our separate cars full of pets, boxes, etc..... when it came on the car radio. We were all about an hour apart from each other since we left at different times and the cell phones were not working since the circuits were all busy. I did not know what to do and I was so scared!!

I was in the 6th grade and I had woke up to get ready for school and usually I watch Arthur while I'm getting ready, but all the channels showed the events that happened that day. It was so weird because when I got to school that's all anyone would talk about and it was then that it really hit me. It kinda freaked me out because that entire week had been sunny, but that day there were nothing but dark clouds in the sky.

I was at home that morning getting ready for work and husband called and told me to look at the news. We both on the phone together watched the 2nd plane hit the building. I could not stop watching the news so I brought a t.v. to work and we watched it all day since none of our patients showed up. We saw the buidlings collapase and everything.

Ironically, that was my 8 year wedding anniversary and now my 13th coming in a week. It amazes me when peple find out that my anniversary is on that date and they look at me in disgust like I chose that date for some evil reason when this happened 8 years after we were married. I most certainly would not haven chosen to share my anniversary with the worst terrorist incident in the history of the US.

That is so ridiculous!! You had no control over the date!! I really wonder about some people sometimes.... just ignore them.

Originally Posted by LuckyMe /img/forum/go_quote.gif I was at home that morning getting ready for work and husband called and told me to look at the news. We both on the phone together watched the 2nd plane hit the building. I could not stop watching the news so I brought a t.v. to work and we watched it all day since none of our patients showed up. We saw the buidlings collapase and everything.
Ironically, that was my 8 year wedding anniversary and now my 13th coming in a week. It amazes me when peple find out that my anniversary is on that date and they look at me in disgust like I chose that date for some evil reason when this happened 8 years after we were married. I most certainly would not haven chosen to share my anniversary with the worst terrorist incident in the history of the US.

Back in Cuba, It was morning and I was in University, school day, normal day. So I got to school to find all my classmates standing in front of a TV on the hallway with the horrible news, I didn’t know what had happened, just a bunch of kids with sad faces, open mouth and almost complete silence, just the sound from the TV and just as I looked at the TV there was the second tower going down, it was terrible, I felt my stomach twirl and tears came to my eyes as soon as I realized what I was watching , we didn’t have class that day and believe it or not we cubans were all very touched for what had happened. Everyone in school was sad and really feeling like if it was in our own country.

I was at work, on the 35th floor, sitting by the window, daydreaming. My sister called me & I went on the internet...

My sister's SIL lost her husband in the WTC. He was also a college acquaintance of mine from the early 80s.

Made me want to reenlist in the Army - but they said I was too old...

It's still somewhat surreal and I'm stunned at how quickly 5 years as passed...

I am in Canada but ..

I was at my Mom's house at the time Ironically , My Mom and I were also hanging out when we found out Princess Diana Passed away,, creepy

anyhow we both felt sick to our stomachs when we found out..

I actually worry about attack on Canada too

91101.gif

I was asleep in bed when my husband (my boyfriend at the time) came into the bedroom, shook me awake, and told me some whack job just flew a plane into one of the World Trade Center towers. I jolted awake as he turned on the television. At that moment we watched a plane hit the tower. I thought it was a repeat of film footage, but turned out it was the second plane hitting the second tower. I watched it live. I could not believe what I was seeing, let alone comprehend it.

It was not until months later that we found out my cousin, a stock broker, died in the second tower.

I just got back from lunch and the TV in my class was turned to one of the news channel and i saw pictures of the twin towers falling down .... can't believe it's almost 9/11 again .. .. .

I was in my apt.only playing video games.But my cousin was just 3 buildings from twin towers.He said they heard a very very loud noise and were frightened and I was so worried after seeing the headlines in the news but he said they were evacuated as soon as the first building was hit!

I was very very nervous!

I had just arranged to take off four days in a row from my work. I was kind of self-employed and had worked like the devil all summer, so it was the first quiet week for me.

My mom called me at 7:30 approx. am and said....Elisabeth turn on the TV.

A private plane or something has flown into the WTC in New York City.

For the next four days I did not leave my house except to go to the market, where everybody was trying to get to a television set. I was at home, glued to the TV, watching an unimaginable history. I lived by myself at the time, and I remember getting drunk and calling one of my ex-boyfriends, crying. He hung up on me. I've only been seriously drunk like three times in my life. Strangers in the grocery store were hugging each other. We were all hugging each other . I think the thing that scared me the most, other than the horrific, nightmare-inducing sight of fellow human beings jumping to the deaths...was when they closed the border to Canada. I thought What the F**k is going on? Because I knew some people who own a Bed and Breakfast in Vancouver. I told my mom "Pack up. We're going to Canada. Right Now. Pack Up. I've called Bob and Melissa and they said we are welcome." My 70-year old mom was like "honey, calm down...take a valium...you have a job, you can't just go to Canada." I feel ashamed to admit it, but I was scared, shocked,confused and really, really angry. Some courageous American, huh? Wanting to flee to Canada....
sadyes.gif

I was in 10th grade I think It was like 7 in the morning 7 or 7:50 my freind came running to me and told me that we been attacked and she thought her people did it. Her ethnicity people. ANd I did not get it, but we had a 5 minute silence. Its when I got home and turned on the television that I realzied what happeaned. I was glued onto the television. I still cannot imagine how people, no matter what the excuse is, can do such an evil thing. Those people were innocent civilans. They were me and you.

i was in my room and my mom yelled at me that the world trade center was attacked by a plane

Back