Which creme foundation is best??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been using cosmetics purchased from the drug store all my life. 

I have now been using products from MAC and Make Up For Ever for my eyes.  The products are wonderful but they also come with a not so wonderful price.  So I have been adding to my collection slowly. 

Next I need to purchase a good foundation.  I have been using a Cover Girl cream compact all my life. I really do like the cream as I am so used to using this form of foundation.  I have dry to normal skin.   Please everyone, could you please advise me on what brand you may recommend??  Also I walk dogs here in Switzerland for a living, so I tend to sweat a bit in the summer. Should I use a powder over my cream?? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

One of the most recommended and loved foundations is Revlon Colorstay. It stays on. Good. LOL. My personal HG foundation is Revlon Photoready though. It's not quite so heavy and it stays on really well too.

If your makeup isn't staying through the sweat I can recommend a few things. One: use a foundation primer. Two: Carry blotting sheets to dab off oils midday. Three: Use a setting powder or spray. These three things should help your makeup hang on longer throughout the day.

My HG is LauraMercier silk creme foundation, with a good buffing brush (I use Sonia kashuk flat synthetic brush $15 at target) you get celebrity status makeup application, haha of course moisturizer and primer makes the foundation glide on better. My second HG is Estée Lauder double wear. This one really stays put all day. I think spending a little extra money on a good foundation is the most important. It's the base to everything. Plus I usually buy foundation twice a year and I use it everyday for work. Let me know what u end up using I'm curious. Gotta warn you once you go high end there's no looking back haha

Latest posts

Back