Which is better Jane Iredale or Bare Escentuals?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have only tried Jane Iredale, and I love how it looks, but omg it is sooo expensive! I am considering Bare Escentuals but I am afraid it may break my face out. I cannot wear another kind of makeup because it breaks out too easy.

Also I saw on the bare escentuals web site that you can join their "club" and receive every two months the foundation and mineral veil. Has anyone ever done the club thing with them?

I tried both and switched because of the ocy bismuth, the ghostly look on darker skintones and irritation. I personally found that JI gave the best coverage. My derm introducted me to this product and yes, it was expensive. Luckily I surfed eBay and won my $40.00 foundation for $18.00.

I used to use Jane Iredale but decided to try the Bare Escentuals kit that Sephora offers for only sixty bucks, it includes two foundation powders, a bronzer type blush powder, a mineral veil powder along with two brushes. I think it retails for one hundred and fifty or so.

I truly love it. I've been using it since March and my skin has never looked or felt better.

I was using the Iredale products because of my sensitive skin. This works even better.

New at this, I got the BE, but what is MAD, MMU and HG supposed to represent.

Sorry for the ignorance.

Thanks.

Without a doubt BE!!! I have been using it for a year or so now. I have switched it up a couple of times but always come back to BE. As a matter of fact, ALL my makeup is BE. Primer, Eyeshadow, Radiances, Eyeliner, Mascara, and Lip gloss! LOVE IT ALL!!! It is a great value. It may seem kinda expensive but it lasts forever!! Especially the eye colors.

Originally Posted by ms_benes /img/forum/go_quote.gif New at this, I got the BE, but what is MAD, MMU and HG supposed to represent.Sorry for the ignorance.

Thanks.

No worries...MAD is Mad Minerals MMU is mineral makeup HG is holy grail

Originally Posted by farris2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif No worries...MAD is Mad Minerals MMU is mineral makeup HG is holy grail Ahhh...Now I get it. I just checked out Mad Minerals and may give them atry myself.

Thanks so much!

Back