Which MakeUp Lines do you hate?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I don't like Rimmel at all. Sorry Kate
biggrin.gif

7463.jpg

I think i like something from every line to be honest. I'm trying my best to think of a line i dislike & i cant think of one!

I can usually find something from every line I've tried that I'll wear, but...

Bobbi Brown has the most blah ugly colors and even though the quality isn't half bad BB is waaaaay over priced. I guess I'm just not a rich lady who likes neutral shades.

and just about anything drugstore. I wore drugstore MU for years, but now that I've tried higher end lines there is nothing about quality or color selection of drugstore brands that I like.

Ick- i dont like Clinique either, and.. i dont like, believe it or not Estee Lauder's actual makeups either.. OR chanel! Chanel doens't look good on me AT ALL.

i'm with laura on this one. i can find at least one thing from every line that works for me.

their moisture whip lipsticks are pretty good. i have 2 staple colors - windsor rose and peach mocha.

Originally Posted by kissesarecandy0 covergirl!!
icon_mad.gif

Thier e/s suck and so does thier powder.

Wow someome actually hates MAC

Ugh, it makes me look a clown along with the aforementioned reasons.I don't see the appeal.

I tend to dislike Cover Girl - in every other line, I can find SOMETHING that works, but the only thing Cover Girl has that I can stand at all are the Lipslicks.

Hard Candy annoys me, because it's so cute but the quality ends up being so crappy.

I like Clinique, but can't stand Estee Lauder or Lancome, except for the Juicy Tubes.

I agree with the girls who have said they don't like Benefit.

I have tried several of their products and haven't liked any. Oh and they are expensive!

Also, not to keen on Clinique or Bourjois eyeshadows - no pigment. Have to apply loads to get any colour on the lids!

I would not be able to say I "hate" any brand. But I would neveer see myself using Wet'n wild LOL, or noxema or st.ives skin care.

I dont like to make a habbit of cutting other brands, because then it opens the door for other to criticize mine. But if I were not trying to make a living on beauty products, I would be able to list abunch for ya... LOL

Originally Posted by Shanel I would not be able to say I "hate" any brand. But I would neveer see myself using Wet'n wild LOL, or noxema or st.ives skin care.
I dont like to make a habbit of cutting other brands, because then it opens the door for other to criticize mine. But if I were not trying to make a living on beauty products, I would be able to list abunch for ya... LOL

Well- everyone here is so nice anyway, that its just each persons opinion really. No one can cut you down for having an opinion!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I used to use St.Ives clear pore cleanser, and i must admit, it did work really well..

OMG- Wet'n Wild.. yikes..

Fashion Fair---they sold me this masklike PINK undertoned foundation in HS with horrible mud colored lipstick that everyone at the counter said looked lovely. I wore it for my high school graduation---suffice to say, they lied, and I've got the evidence for the rest of my life. YUCK!I would also say Clinique, but I love their Black Honey almost lipstick (great great stuff). Nothing else from their skincare or makeup however ever did much for me. But the almost lipsticks rock.

Geez.. what's up with all the Benefit bashing? Shame on you. I bet if you came into my store, you would have the time of your life and end up calling a U-Haul to take home all the stuff you loved. The prices are higher because Louis Vuitton took over the company a few years ago and it is now part of Christian Dior. A lot of our stuff is VERY much like Dior, but does cost less.

I finally am calling MAC quits. I am no longer impressed with the line only because the colors just aren't what they used to be. All of the new limited edition sets that are coming out are just boring to me. I am going for a Ben Nye haul online and picking up a few Milani shadows at the d/s. The brighter the better.. oh, and I am right now in love with Urban Decay shadows for the glitter and pigmentation. I saw the new Benefit shadows for Fall and they are a different texture, they are comparable to the Urban Decay shadows, but with less glitter, really nice quality, I was really impressed.

I have only found Clinique lip laquers to be the nicest glosses ever.. that's it from that line. I never saw results from the skincare at all. I will always love Chanel glossimers, but the price keeps me far, far away from that brand.

As far as skincare and foundation goes, I only use Benefit because my skin doesn't breakout from it and it's gentle. I've tried Studio fix and Bare Minerals and ended up seeing my dermatogist with cystic acne issues.

I don't like anything from NARS (everything melts on me) and I won't buy anything from a L'Oreal company (Lancome, Biotherm, etc) because they test on animals.

i have these two shadows from urban decay that i love!!!

chains:army green with gold shimmer

mildew:Awesome dark shimmmery green

Originally Posted by Scarlette Geez.. what's up with all the Benefit bashing? Shame on you. I bet if you came into my store, you would have the time of your life and end up calling a U-Haul to take home all the stuff you loved. The prices are higher because Louis Vuitton took over the company a few years ago and it is now part of Christian Dior. A lot of our stuff is VERY much like Dior, but does cost less.
I finally am calling MAC quits. I am no longer impressed with the line only because the colors just aren't what they used to be. All of the new limited edition sets that are coming out are just boring to me. I am going for a Ben Nye haul online and picking up a few Milani shadows at the d/s. The brighter the better.. oh, and I am right now in love with Urban Decay shadows for the glitter and pigmentation. I saw the new Benefit shadows for Fall and they are a different texture, they are comparable to the Urban Decay shadows, but with less glitter, really nice quality, I was really impressed.

I have only found Clinique lip laquers to be the nicest glosses ever.. that's it from that line. I never saw results from the skincare at all. I will always love Chanel glossimers, but the price keeps me far, far away from that brand.

As far as skincare and foundation goes, I only use Benefit because my skin doesn't breakout from it and it's gentle. I've tried Studio fix and Bare Minerals and ended up seeing my dermatogist with cystic acne issues.

I don't like anything from NARS (everything melts on me) and I won't buy anything from a L'Oreal company (Lancome, Biotherm, etc) because they test on animals.

I like Benefit.I only have 2 things from them- the Benefit Showoffs.I totally agree with you about MAC.

I sooooo love Maybe Baby and anything that Benefit sells that is related to that fragrance. I know that alot of people dont like that scent but I LOOOOVE that and DKNY Be Delicious

Originally Posted by Scarlette Geez.. what's up with all the Benefit bashing? Shame on you. I bet if you came into my store, you would have the time of your life and end up calling a U-Haul to take home all the stuff you loved. The prices are higher because Louis Vuitton took over the company a few years ago and it is now part of Christian Dior. A lot of our stuff is VERY much like Dior, but does cost less.

I hear you on the animal testing issues. That is a big one for me personally. As for the colors. I totally understand your point, in all fairness. the LE gimmick is getting on my nerves, i think that they are taking advantage of having sooooooooooooooooooooo many fans (fans? is that right?) but i buy what i like, and use what i buy, dont jump on the LE thing either... I have a few benefit things, that i put up for swap.. and no takers yet. I started with Benefit, and it just doesn't work well for me.. NARS melts on me too, kinda slips off, fades out..

Originally Posted by MacForMe OMG- Wet'n Wild.. yikes.. For the most part, their stuff does suck. However, the new single pan e/s and cream eyeshadows are nice. So nice, in fact, that you wouldn't think you were wearing Wet N Wild. I also love their All Over Shimmer powder - it's the best highlighter I've found.
I can be quite the snob, but those are nice! I never would've tried them had it not been for peoples raves and online reviews!
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back