Which MakeUp Lines do you hate?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Scarlette Geez.. what's up with all the Benefit bashing? Shame on you. I bet if you came into my store, you would have the time of your life and end up calling a U-Haul to take home all the stuff you loved. The prices are higher because Louis Vuitton took over the company a few years ago and it is now part of Christian Dior. A lot of our stuff is VERY much like Dior, but does cost less. I bet I would have fun if you were showing me the stuff. I just know I haven't been super impressed with most of what I've tried. I didn't like the e/s, cheekies, or Mr. Frosty. I do however adore Maybe Baby!!
biggrin.gif
It's my fave fragrance ever!! I also like Moon Beam and High Beam, but I just don't think they're worth $20.

When I lived in the bay area, I was a huge Benefit fan. The stores in SF are so cute, so inviting with the nicest employees. I was always pulling big hauls if I just set foot in there, always cheered me up. It was actually the first non drug store makeup I ever tried. It's hard to find in here, but I think Sephora carries them now. Fun packaging, fun products.

Originally Posted by Scarlette Geez.. what's up with all the Benefit bashing? Shame on you. I bet if you came into my store, you would have the time of your life and end up calling a U-Haul to take home all the stuff you loved. The prices are higher because Louis Vuitton took over the company a few years ago and it is now part of Christian Dior. A lot of our stuff is VERY much like Dior, but does cost less.

Originally Posted by Trisha Scarlette, sorry if you think some of us are bashing BeneFit, but personally i dont like the products (and i used to have nearly everything). Everyone has opinions, people bash Stila all the time on various boards for the price/colour selection etc, but it doesnt bother me, if you like something it doesnt matter what others think, after all we only work for our respective companies, we didnt develop the products xx
JMHO. x

The beauty of it all is.. we all have choices and opinions.. Which is why MuT is so great..

Originally Posted by MacForMe The beauty of it all is.. we all have choices and opinions.. Which is why MuT is so great.. Amen to that!

I hate:

Deluxe Beauty (boring and poor selection)

Lancome (most, not all of it)

Estee Lauder (reminds me of death for some strange reason plus that is such a boring line! I hate their shadows!)

Dior (yeah, that's right!)
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Prescriptives (poor selection, crappy shadows, crappy foundations)

Benefit (do I really need to go there with this brand?)

Sisley (lousy selection and awful wear)

Clarins (I love great packaging and Clarins does NOT have it)

And I think that just about covers it for me!!
icon_biggrin.gif

I have a few that I don't like:

Prescriptives

Clinique

Benefit

Lancome

Estee Lauder

Origins

Originally Posted by deejoy Delux Beauty-lipglosses are about 1/4 filled with product, I can't even get most of it on the sponge wand, the eyeshadows have zero staying power
MAC-drugstore quality makeup with mid end/high end prices..eyeshadows are chalky, bad pigmentation, don't go on evenly, mascara is clumpy, lipsticks are drying, foundation breaks me out, lipglasses are too thick and sticky. Not too much interested in anything else.I've tried to make it work since 1997 and hasn't worked for me,

Sorry, I really have to disagree!! MAC is far superior to drugstore brands, namely in the pigmentation of the shadows. Have you tried putting your e/s over a cream color base or a paint? That's how I get the best application.
Anyways... I won't get on my MAC soapbox, 'cause you obviously have your opinion and know what works best for you. Which brands do you prefer?

i think it's hard to say, since everyone's skin is different and their cosmetic needs are different.

i think it all boils down to quality. MAC is developed by makeup artists, so it has to have an easy application, and should last long. clinique is all about skincare, and trying they are the worst makeup consultants i ever had (they gave me the wrong shade of foundation, although i insisted it was much too dark for me).

benefit..i really dont' know if they invest alot on research or marketing. but i have to admit, benefit has never done much for my skin (especially the benefit eyecon, it didnt live up to it's claim for me).

each cosmetics line is good at certain aspects.

but i have to give props to benefit for marketing their products to generation X & Y so well.

Originally Posted by Charmaine I agree - every cosmetics company has their own strong and weak points. That's why I can't really say that I "hate" a specific makeup line. Yea, I agree. I don't really hate any particular line. I think Estee Lauder has packaging that is ugly as sin, but other than that... lol!
wink.gif

Latest posts

Back