Which MakeUp Lines do you hate?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We all post what we love, now how about what we tried and hated?

Well- I went thru L'Oreal (who is Lancome BTW) and Lancome, hated them both, Maquiriche made my skin bumpy and red. LOreal's stuff flaked, caked and just plain wore off. Clinique dried my skin out.. Maybellines powders turned orange..So, i tried MAC and thats where i am at now..

How about you?

I really like Lancome and have not had any problems. I did however try my sons Proactiv to see how it worked and within 24 hours I had blisters and swelling so bad that I had to get a benadryl injections because they were afraid that my throat was going to swell!

Originally Posted by LuckyMe I really like Lancome and have not had any problems. I did however try my sons Proactiv to see how it worked and within 24 hours I had blisters and swelling so bad that I had to get a benadryl injections because they were afraid that my throat was going to swell! Well, at least lancome works for someone! LOL! OMG! OMG! OMG! U are so lucky that you didn't swell too too much worse.

Originally Posted by Msfashionguru I hate Fashion Fair with a passion! WOW- i see that alot! Wonder why!

Originally Posted by Msfashionguru 1. Its very oily2. Breaks out your face alot!

3. It makes your face look a reddish clay color.

It's horrible.

ewww wow! now thats a reason to hate it.

Down with lancome & loreal!!!
icon_mad.gif

lancome --> wears off so fast

L'oreal ---> i agree! it's to drying to the skin, (and i have oily skin)! , wears off fast, and causes breakouts
frown.gif

lancome + l'oreal = made for dry - normal skin pple
icon_mad.gif

L'Oreal didn't work for me either. I also tried Revlon lipstick and eye shadows long time ago and didn't like them. I've used Lancome before and some stuff is ok but not all. I don't care for Estee Lauder either. My favorites now are Clarins, Laura Mercier and MAC.

I don't care for L'Oreal or Lancome (L'Oreal Paris actually owns Lancome so some of their products are fairly similar).

I don't like very much Maybelline stuff. A couple of their concealers are good (but not the Ever Fresh). Hate their loose powder, eyeshadows, foundations, & eye makeup remover.

A few of my HG products are Clinique. I do hate their skincare and foundations though.

I hate most Cover Girl products. I will use some of their lip/eye products since those don't have that horrible Noxzema smell.

I don't like the BeneFit line - everything seems so gimicky, and the products I've tried were not worth the money.

I really don't like Clinique or Cover Girl. I do agree with Erica about Benefit. They used to be a lot better and then they changed their formula. Now, their shadows crease on me and I just dont like their products.

Originally Posted by FeistyFemme I don't like the BeneFit line - everything seems so gimicky, and the products I've tried were not worth the money. giggle..i forgot about them, i tried their stuff, hated it.. it seemed like they touted the products to be so great, when in reality, they didn't do what they were supposed too. Like the concealer? i would need a putty knife to apply it thick enough to make it work.

i don't like benefit either. the color range is really small and is over priced.

don't like clinique either. too "plain", i guess you would say, for me

Delux Beauty-lipglosses are about 1/4 filled with product, I can't even get most of it on the sponge wand, the eyeshadows have zero staying power

MAC-drugstore quality makeup with mid end/high end prices..eyeshadows are chalky, bad pigmentation, don't go on evenly, mascara is clumpy, lipsticks are drying, foundation breaks me out, lipglasses are too thick and sticky. Not too much interested in anything else.I've tried to make it work since 1997 and hasn't worked for me,

Me- I hate clinique.

and I have to agree with you, Wow someone hates MAC? I love their eyeshadows, but I do hate their foundation.

I'm not a big Clinique fan either, their SAs seem detrmined to sell all of my friends the wrong colour foundation. I think Clinique stuff appeals to people who don't reall want to think too much about skin care and make up. I'm also not a big fan of Rimmel London, I think that's because it reminds me of the girls at my school wearing really bad foundation and lipstick!

I don´t really try that much MU from other lines than MAC, but from the ones I tried and bought more than just one product I hate Mary Kate and Ashley *lol* the lipglosses are too glittery and poorly pigmented, the e/s have no pigmentation at all.

but I guess this line is made for little girls/teenagers anyway, and they don´t have high expections I guess
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back