Which Subs are on your Chopping Block?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Current subscription: Birchbox. Despite them taking forever to get me my Feburary box and then sending the wrong box, I will keep them around.

I'm waiting on my first boxes from: Beauty Box 5, My Shade of Brown and Sample Society Beauty Bar.

I'm about to cancel Julep but I don't wanna deal with a rep that would probably beg me to stay.  Their polish chips too quickly in my opinion.

I cancelled Myglam because they're a hot mess & Sindulge because I didn't feel like video chatting with someone.

I canceled my Julep and no rep tried to get me to stay! I also anticipated that would happen and my conversation literally went something like this:

Rep - thanks for holding, how can I help you

Me - I'd love to cancel my subscription

Rep - Ok, whats your name

Me - *gives le name*

Rep - Ok! All done.

Really. It went just like that.

Originally Posted by quene8106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Current subscription: Birchbox. Despite them taking forever to get me my Feburary box and then sending the wrong box, I will keep them around.

I'm waiting on my first boxes from: Beauty Box 5, My Shade of Brown and Sample Society Beauty Bar.

I'm about to cancel Julep but I don't wanna deal with a rep that would probably beg me to stay.  Their polish chips too quickly in my opinion.

I cancelled Myglam because they're a hot mess & Sindulge because I didn't feel like video chatting with someone.

Yay! Thanks for the 411.  I will call them sometime this week :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by wintersnowpeach /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I canceled my Julep and no rep tried to get me to stay! I also anticipated that would happen and my conversation literally went something like this:

Rep - thanks for holding, how can I help you

Me - I'd love to cancel my subscription

Rep - Ok, whats your name

Me - *gives le name*

Rep - Ok! All done.

Really. It went just like that.

I think I'm burnt out on subscriptions. I just did the math on how much I'll have spent this month once the quarterly boxes are paid for.

[SIZE=large]What I'm spending in March:[/SIZE]
Sample Society x 1 = $16 (PAID)
Birchbox x 4 = $40 (PAID)
Julep x 1 = $0 (free now thanks to referrals)
MyGlam x 1 = $10 (PAID)

Total spent so far: $66

Beauty Army x 1 = $12
Beauty Box 5 x 1 = $0 (suppose to get March free)
Look Bag x 1 = $10
QVC Test Tube = $40
Test Tube = $38.90
Beautyfix = $29.99 (using the MUT promo code)

Total not paid for yet: $130.89

Grand Total = $196.89!!!

I think I'm cancelling everything but Birchbox, Julep (since I now get that for free), maybe MyGlam (that's still an iffy). I'm so sick of spending $10 here or $12 there on what? Tell me what am I spending almost $200 on? I'll tell... JUNK. Stupid one-time use packets or get a few uses out of it. Stupid stuff like that! I could have EASILY buy stuff I REALLY want and get free gifts with purchase.

If BA had that reward program out earlier, I would be happy to use your link to sign up for BA, I read your review then decided to sign up for BA, it's my second month and there's still stuff that I could love to try.

I think I'm burnt out on subscriptions. I just did the math on how much I'll have spent this month once the quarterly boxes are paid for.

[SIZE=large]What I'm spending in March:[/SIZE]

Sample Society x 1 = $16 (PAID)

Birchbox x 4 = $40 (PAID)

Julep x 1 = $0 (free now thanks to referrals)

MyGlam x 1 = $10 (PAID)

Total spent so far: $66

Beauty Army x 1 = $12

Beauty Box 5 x 1 = $0 (suppose to get March free)

Look Bag x 1 = $10

QVC Test Tube = $40

Test Tube = $38.90

Beautyfix = $29.99 (using the MUT promo code)

Total not paid for yet: $130.89

Grand Total = $196.89!!!

I think I'm cancelling everything but Birchbox, Julep (since I now get that for free), maybe MyGlam (that's still an iffy). I'm so sick of spending $10 here or $12 there on what? Tell me what am I spending almost $200 on? I'll tell... JUNK. Stupid one-time use packets or get a few uses out of it. Stupid stuff like that! I could have EASILY buy stuff I REALLY want and get free gifts with purchase.
I let beauty army go today. I am keeping Birchbox, the new beauty test tube (non qvc), and an giving myglam 2 more months. My julep subscription is over in may and then I am done with them. Zadidoll - what had caused such a turnaround with you and myglamm in the last 24 hours.?

Originally Posted by AuntOly1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Zadidoll - what had caused such a turnaround with you and myglamm in the last 24 hours.?
Surprisingly it was Beauty Army that did! lol I sat here last night after realizing the products I choose were not being sent to me. It really didn't bug me too much until late last night when I went through to take the quiz over and over again to try and get items I want. The more I did the quiz the more pissed off I became. I then began to think "why am I paying $12 in stuff I really don't want?" which lead to the thought... "why am I putting up with spending my money on beauty boxes that offer me nothing in return other than junk?" The more I thought about The Look Bag's products that I got and Beauty Box 5 I realized if I didn't want to put up with the BS products Eco-Emi or GoGo Girlfriend sent why am I putting it up with those companies which lead me to MyGlam as well because I didn't tolerate junk from GGG (which is $12.99 a month) so why am I with MG, LB, BB5, etc? I know that my monthly subs really don't add up to more than $100 a month and it's the quarterly boxes at the end of this month which will cause to spend almost $200 but when I thought about how much money I put into these subscriptions and what I'm getting back in return - most of it which I NEVER use (specifically the one-time use samples) - the more pissed off I became at myself. So everything but Julep (I have over 13 free boxes earned) and Birchbox are on my chopping block with companies either going to be dropped today or by the end of the month and I won't get April. I'm giving myself some cool off time (least today only) to mull it over one last time.

Once I receive all of my boxes I am probably cutting back to my annual birchbox, one beauty army, and sample society. 

I really love the look bag, but I don't need this huge pile of samples. This means I am cutting: second birchbox (canceling today after I use the points), second beauty army (emailed already), blissmobox, beautybox5, and the look bag. I already canceled myglam this month. 

It's interesting how many of us have become disenchanted with sampling services. I know that I'm one of them, and I'm only going to be keeping my Birchbox. I was digging around through my sample drawer this morning, and I just have so much crap in there. It was like, "I actually paid money for this stuff?" A lot of money, too. Yes, it's fun getting little surprises in the mail, and that's why I'm keeping my BB (that and the points). I would much rather take all of the money that I had been spending on samples and actually get something that I want. 

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's interesting how many of us have become disenchanted with sampling services. I know that I'm one of them, and I'm only going to be keeping my Birchbox. I was digging around through my sample drawer this morning, and I just have so much crap in there. It was like, "I actually paid money for this stuff?" A lot of money, too. Yes, it's fun getting little surprises in the mail, and that's why I'm keeping my BB (that and the points). I would much rather take all of the money that I had been spending on samples and actually get something that I want. 

That was exactly my feeling. After several months of this, I have so much junk laying around. I would cancel my bb if it wasn't an annual sub. I like getting things in the mail, but its been an overload, and it is expensive. I am keeping beauty army and sample society because the samples are big enough that I get a lot of use out of them. Although I have a feeling after April, one of those will go, too. 

I currently subscribe to EcoEmi and Birchbox.  I would have cancelled Birchbox months ago except that I bought the yearly subscription.  I seem to get the dud boxes and have accumulated heaps of samples that are useless to me.  Yay for swapping.

I'm a little on the fence about EcoEmi.  They're been pretty decent, but I realized that every month was a lip product!  I'd rather save my $12 or $15 (can't remember what it costs) and just buy myself whatever I want.  I think one more month of them and I'll cancel.

I started with Birchbox. I wasn't super impressed with my November box, so I dropped it for MyGlam. Was SUPER disappointed with the January and February bags, so I dropped MG for Sample Society, which I am in love with. I also picked up Julep in there, but I'm dropping it this month- Way too expensive. Hoping to sign up for Glossybox- Hopefully they'll open subscriptions up after my wedding (aka when I have $ again).

The only way I can justify Julep is because of their fantastic rewards system and promo codes which I really do push. Every two people who sign up via the penny deals I earn a free month and there is no cap on how many free months you earn. I'm up to 13 more free months (14 boxes total). I encourage others to do promote the penny deal and have the people who sign up through them encourage people to sign up via the penny deals. If anything if people don't like the products they're out only a penny.

I'm cancelling blissmobox this month and cancelled my netflix last month. I'm probably going to cancel birchbox as well. They're a great company, but I find that I'm just beauty product hoarding. I have full Birchboxes just sitting in my closet that I have yet to try.I think I'll just keep Beauty Army for now. 

You'd be amazed at how fast it starts adding up! I know I'm going to eventually cut out more subscriptions too

I'm giving MyGlam a 3rd month and then I'm canceling if it's not my thing. I signed up for the year of BirchBox, and I get 2 Julep Maven boxes, plus Sample Society, so I already am spending kind of a lot imho. 

The saving grace with Julep is I know I can always skip if I wish, so I don't feel stuck in a subscription. 

But if MyGlam keeps sucking then it's going to be the first to go for sure. If I need to save money at least I can do that, and skip Julep Boxes for a bit too. 

But It's something like $70 a month for the ones I am getting, which is quite a lot of money for samples. So I am definitely not signing up for more! 

The large full size items from Beauty Fix really drew me to cancelling several of my boxes.  Only need a few subs to fill my cravings in between the quarterlys.  All the money I'm saving can now be used towards items like makeup in colors that I REALLY want.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The only way I can justify Julep is because of their fantastic rewards system and promo codes which I really do push. Every two people who sign up via the penny deals I earn a free month and there is no cap on how many free months you earn. I'm up to 13 more free months (14 boxes total). I encourage others to do promote the penny deal and have the people who sign up through them encourage people to sign up via the penny deals. If anything if people don't like the products they're out only a penny.

Wowza, good for you Zadi! I wish I knew people who'd be interested! All my friends couldn't care less about make up (as sad as it is, I KNOW!).. I could send it out at work but I'd feel odd doing that. Maybe I'll try Craigslist, lol!

Back