Who all swaps?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am really not into swapping, I usually just buy stuff. But I am thinking more and more to start swapping. I just wanna know who is swapping stuff? How many times have you swapped etc?

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) I am really not into swapping, I usually just buy stuff. But I am thinking more and more to start swapping. I just wanna know who is swapping stuff? How many times have you swapped etc? I've only swapped on MUA, completed about 60 swaps since the fall when I joined. I love it because its a great way to try out new brands without spending money and to get rid of products instead of throwing them out. Plus it's fun getting so many packages in the mail! I definately recommend swapping as long as the people you swap with are reputable (have lots of good token/feedback). I have definately heard of many cases of "swaplifting" where people send out their ends and don't receive anything in return so it's important to be careful. ~Bonnie

Oh that is cool! Wow 60! We are just sort of getting into swapping here in MUT. We now have a complete feedback system that is like Ebay. Hopefull people will eventually start to get some swaps up.

Originally Posted by bonbon412

I've only swapped on MUA, completed about 60 swaps since the fall when I joined. I love it because its a great way to try out new brands without spending money and to get rid of products instead of throwing them out. Plus it's fun getting so many packages in the mail! I definately recommend swapping as long as the people you swap with are reputable (have lots of good token/feedback). I have definately heard of many cases of "swaplifting" where people send out their ends and don't receive anything in return so it's important to be careful. ~Bonnie

i swap on MUA. i'm up to about 50-60 tokens since september. it's a great way for me to get things when i don't have money.

i'm gonna list my stuff up on MUT's swapping!

FYI: if you get "swaplifted", a lot of people tell the other person they're going to file mail fraud, but then the swaplifter always gets scared, and you get your things back LOL that's what happened to me.

Originally Posted by Jennifer

i swap on MUA. i'm up to about 50-60 tokens since september. it's a great way for me to get things when i don't have money.
i'm gonna list my stuff up on MUT's swapping!

FYI: if you get "swaplifted", a lot of people tell the other person they're going to file mail fraud, but then the swaplifter always gets scared, and you get your things back LOL that's what happened to me.

Oh that would be cool, if you listed them here too...

I swapped elsewhere & have 300+ under my belt. I've had 2 great swaps here--thanks Laura & Joy!--& hope to have more in the future!
smile.gif

I've swapped about 14 times on MUA. They've been ok experiences except for one crazy girl... but I eventually received my package from her.

I also have my swap list up on MuT now, but no requests so far.
frown.gif

Does anyone know how much it costs to ship to Europe from the U.S.? Gail?!?

Jess, it all depends on the size of your package. I sent a multiple & a few extras to Laura for about $3 or $4 (I think) & she's in Ireland.

What's the item?

I just started wearing more makeup recently so I don't have enough stuff to actually swap! Maybe just a drugstore-brand foundation or two that was too dark for my skin -- but the shipping would probably cost as much as the makeup! lol But I don't have much money to waste on products I don't like, so I try to research a product or brand on this site before buying something so I know I'll like it. Plus I am paranoid (or a germophobe or something) and don't really want to swap for used items!

However I would consider buying new items from a reputable user!
smile.gif

i listed my things up for swap
icon_cheesygrin.gif

so, how do i know when someone's sent me a request? where does it say someone has?

I don't have anything lined up. But I have been refusing to swap internationally, mostly because the quotes from USPS for shipping to Europe were like $12 or something. Now that I know it is relatively inexpensive, I'll swap internationally!
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by keaLoha Jess, it all depends on the size of your package. I sent a multiple & a few extras to Laura for about $3 or $4 (I think) & she's in Ireland.
What's the item?

I avoided international swaps for awhile but last month, swapped with a girl in Scotland (I think, somewhere in UK either way) and I sent a box that included a lotion (so pretty heavy) and it was only $7.00 and took around 10 days I think to arrive. I'm sure a lighter object would be pretty cheap.

I listed some items on here. Do I just get a private message if someone wants to swap?

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) I am really not into swapping, I usually just buy stuff. But I am thinking more and more to start swapping. I just wanna know who is swapping stuff? How many times have you swapped etc? I LOVE swapping most anything. I have my own swapping group if anyone is interested. We have monthly swaps. I post a list of 25 different things to swap (we vote on 20) such as, stationary, kitchen items, bath items, colored items, stickers, postcards (which I collect state map cards, so if anyone would like to contribute to my collection w/ a card from your state, we could work out a swap for something you like for a postcard.), journals, pen pal items, there are many many different items we swap. I also right before posting the list to vote ask for suggestions from the group. Unfortunately, even in cyberworld there are some people that sign up just to get things and not send out. Thankfully, there are alot of bad swapper groups and I do check all members before letting them in my group. All members now that do sign up are great ladies. Swapping is so much fun! It is so exciting to get a package in the mail w/ swap items in it. We also play games, have trivia questions, and have wish days on Mondays. This is where you post message for items you would like to get. For example, I love alligators and sometimes I post that I would like anything w/ alligators on it. I have had people grant my wish by sending me alligator stickers. It is always fun to grant others wishes as well. Oh yeah, if you win the games the person hosting sends you a prize which could be just about anything. I started swapping about a year ago and I got hooked right from the start. Although, I do have to admit my first swapping experience was a bad one. (will tell more about that later if interested). If you would like to join my group, you can email me and I can send you an invitation to my group. Swapping every month is not mandatory in my group. My email address is: [email protected] Just send me your email address and I will send you the invite. My group is currently looking for more members that will be active in the group. I recommend swapping if anyone is looking for a new hobby. Although, it can get a little expensive at times. I go overboard when I send swap items to my partners. I love sending things to people! So, come on by and check us out. Even if you need more info just email me. BTW, mine is not the only swapping group by far. Yahoo has a group for just about anything and so does MSN, but I don't like the MSN groups myself.

Happy Swapping!

Anita (coolcat1022)

i swap i have like 60+ tokens on MUA but Lizzy and I are doing a swap from here i can't wait to get her end
smile.gif

Not to sounds dumb or anything, but can you guys explain what swapping means? I am not sure I understand the process 100%.

TIA!

Originally Posted by Marisol Not to sounds dumb or anything, but can you guys explain what swapping means? I am not sure I understand the process 100%.
TIA!

you swap product for product. i swap when i can't take them back like if i don't have the receipts anymore.

For the most part, it's cheap, but sometimes--depending on weight--it's a little pricier. Also, if you want to register or insure the parcel, that'll increase the price.

I try to avoid certain Asian countries b/c I've had problems in the past. It's sad b/c there are many legit swappers from those countries, but one bad experience is enough to deter me from doing it again.

I've done over 70 swaps on MUA & i think i've about 5 tokens here now on MuT aswell! Because i'm in Ireland most of my swaps are "international" but i don't mind because the shipping isn't very expensive. The most i've ever had to pay was €10 and that included 2 body lotions which means it WAS heavy. I LOVE SWAPPING, i wouldnt have half my make up collection if i didn't swap. The only items i realy don't swap for are used lipglosses and mascara.

Originally Posted by coolcat1022

I LOVE swapping most anything. I have my own swapping group if anyone is interested. We have monthly swaps. I post a list of 25 different things to swap (we vote on 20) such as, stationary, kitchen items, bath items, colored items, stickers, postcards (which I collect state map cards, so if anyone would like to contribute to my collection w/ a card from your state, we could work out a swap for something you like for a postcard.), journals, pen pal items, there are many many different items we swap. I also right before posting the list to vote ask for suggestions from the group. Unfortunately, even in cyberworld there are some people that sign up just to get things and not send out. Thankfully, there are alot of bad swapper groups and I do check all members before letting them in my group. All members now that do sign up are great ladies. Swapping is so much fun! It is so exciting to get a package in the mail w/ swap items in it. We also play games, have trivia questions, and have wish days on Mondays. This is where you post message for items you would like to get. For example, I love alligators and sometimes I post that I would like anything w/ alligators on it. I have had people grant my wish by sending me alligator stickers. It is always fun to grant others wishes as well. Oh yeah, if you win the games the person hosting sends you a prize which could be just about anything. I started swapping about a year ago and I got hooked right from the start. Although, I do have to admit my first swapping experience was a bad one. (will tell more about that later if interested). If you would like to join my group, you can email me and I can send you an invitation to my group. Swapping every month is not mandatory in my group. My email address is: [email protected] Just send me your email address and I will send you the invite. My group is currently looking for more members that will be active in the group. I recommend swapping if anyone is looking for a new hobby. Although, it can get a little expensive at times. I go overboard when I send swap items to my partners. I love sending things to people! So, come on by and check us out. Even if you need more info just email me. BTW, mine is not the only swapping group by far. Yahoo has a group for just about anything and so does MSN, but I don't like the MSN groups myself.
Happy Swapping!

Anita (coolcat1022)

Oh that is so hot! A swapping group! You should put some stuff in your notepad about your group.
Altho Yahoo groups are sooooo annoying to use

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Oh that is so hot! A swapping group! You should put some stuff in your notepad about your group.
Altho Yahoo groups are sooooo annoying to use

Thanks Tony, I will add it to my notepad. I don't like the new way Yahoo has changed their groups, but I still prefer them to MSN groups. MSN groups are sooooooooo hard to manuvere (sorry can't spell today) around in. Anyway, I will put info about both my swapping group and my penpal group in my notepad. If any of you here want to join either group, just put that you are from MUT and I will approve right away. (All others I run through a bad swappers check).

Have a great night,

Anita

Latest posts

Back