Who has PayPal Accounts?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Who has PayPal Accounts?

PLS VOTE!
claps.gif

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) DAMN LIZ, i didn't finish the POLL, you replied in 10 seconds
wink.gif
Pls vote heh lol. ok ok!

Originally Posted by Marisol

I have a love/hate relationship with paypal.

Why Marisol? Tell us what happened. I haven't had a problem w/ PayPal and I have been with them since the inception of it.

I love it because its a great tool when buying things from other people or Ebay but I hate it because its so easy to use and tempting. I buy more stuff with since I signed up with Paypal. LOL

hahahaha.

i don't like paypal (and ebay) because of the fees. but i understand that that is their business.

Originally Posted by Marisol I love it because its a great tool when buying things from other people or Ebay but I hate it because its so easy to use and tempting. I buy more stuff with since I signed up with Paypal. LOL

Isn't PayPal tied directly to your bank account? I don't like my account numbers floating out in cyberspace, I don't care what kind of security they have ... plus I didn't realize until I read Liz's posts that they have fees. I never buy anything from eBay so I have no use for PayPal -- I just buy from online sites where I can use my credit card! (And not pay fees!
wink.gif
)

For that matter it's a rare occasion that I buy anything online ... for being a computer geek I'm not much of an online shopper
wink.gif

paypal is like an online bank account. you either link it to your bank account or a credit card.

i think the paypal fees is like 7% of whatever payments you RECEIVE. they don't take any fees if you send $$ somewhere.

you can withdraw and transfer $$ from/to your bank account to/from paypal. it takes a couple of days, and there aren't any fees with that.

people use paypal when buying things on like livejournal sales or something.

Paypal is a way to send money to other people. For example, a lot of people use it on Ebay. You can tie it to your bank account and/ or credit card.

As far as the fees go, I only get charged if I accept credit card payments from other users.

Not always GG. If you want to become "Verified" then yes.

Liz, I don't think its 7%. Here is a table I just gor from PayPal's site

Standard Rate Merchant Rate (qualification required)

Monthly Received Payment (USD) $0.00 USD-$3,000.00 USD $3,000.01 USD-$10,000.00 USD $10,000.01 USD-$100,000.00 USD > $100,000.01 USD

Fees per transaction (USD) 2.9% + $0.30 USD 2.5% + $0.30 USD 2.2% + $0.30 USD 1.9% + $0.30 USD
dagger1.gif

pixel.gif

Flat fee will be charged as follows: $0.30 USD for payments in U.S. Dollars, $0.55 CAD for Canadian Dollar, ¥40 JPY for Yen, £0.20 GBP for Pound Sterling, €0.35 EUR for Euro, $0.40 AUD for Australian Dollar.
Fees for receiving eCheck payments will not exceed $5.00 USD per transaction.

Originally Posted by girl_geek

Isn't PayPal tied directly to your bank account? I don't like my account numbers floating out in cyberspace, I don't care what kind of security they have ... plus I didn't realize until I read Liz's posts that they have fees. I never buy anything from eBay so I have no use for PayPal -- I just buy from online sites where I can use my credit card! (And not pay fees!
wink.gif
)
For that matter it's a rare occasion that I buy anything online ... for being a computer geek I'm not much of an online shopper
wink.gif

Here is the CROSS BORDER fees:

Standard Rate Merchant Rate (qualification required)

Monthly Received Payment (USD) $0.00 USD - $3,000.00 USD $3,000.01 USD - $10,000.00 USD $10,000.01 USD - $100,000.00 USD > $100,000.01 USD

USD 3.9% + $0.30 USD 3.5% + $0.30 USD 3.2% + $0.30 USD 2.9% + $0.30 USD

CAD 3.9% + $0.55 CAD 3.5% + $0.55 CAD 3.2% + $0.55 CAD 2.9% + $0.55 CAD

JPY 3.9% + ¥40 JPY 3.5% + ¥40 JPY 3.2% + ¥40 JPY 2.9% + ¥40 JPY

GBP 3.9% + £0.20 GBP 3.5% + £0.20 GBP 3.2% + £0.20 GBP 2.9% + £0.20 GBP

EUR 3.9% + €0.35 EUR 3.5% + €0.35 EUR 3.2% + €0.35 EUR 2.9% + €0.35 EUR

AUD 3.9% + $0.40 AUD 3.5% + $0.40 AUD 3.2% + $0.40 AUD 2.9% + $0.40 AUD

Originally Posted by Liz

paypal is like an online bank account. you either link it to your bank account or a credit card.
i think the paypal fees is like 7% of whatever payments you RECEIVE. they don't take any fees if you send $$ somewhere.

you can withdraw and transfer $$ from/to your bank account to/from paypal. it takes a couple of days, and there aren't any fees with that.

people use paypal when buying things on like livejournal sales or something.

ahh ok. i knew it was a small %, just didn't know the exact #
rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by Liz

ahh ok. i knew it was a small %, just didn't know the exact #
rolleyes.gif

PayPal, in my mind is WELL worth the small percentage they charge! It works well. Since EBay Aquired them, they are under much more strict control. I recommend it to anyone

Originally Posted by Charmaine Thanks Liz and Marisol! I don't really buy things online, and I'm afraid that if I get that PayPal, I'm gonna be spending a whole lot more. Hence my love/hate relationship with it.

Cool, I've never bought anything from eBay and I've just been too lazy to look into PayPal.
wink.gif
Maybe someday ... I have noticed that some websites are using PayPal instead of "regular" credit card payments now ...

i love paypal! i love it even more because if you send through it and you don't get the item, you always get your money back no matter what.

I feel weird answering this poll. Why do you want to know if we have Paypal accounts, Tony?

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl I feel weird answering this poll. Why do you want to know if we have Paypal accounts, Tony? because he wants to steal from us and then murder us.

Latest posts

Back