Who has tried Bare Escentuals?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey there TexasGal....I'm Karen from New York... nice to meet ya !
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by texasgal Hi, I'm new and so excited about this website......I have recently purchased several samples from ebay, and it only takes a little. One store in ebay is called "colorful sprinkles" GREAT PRICE!

Hi TexasGal and Christina, I use BE (Only in Winter, in the summer I dont wear foundation) I really liked it, but I was having a difficult time before I found that with foundations making me itch pretty badly. This stuff did not, so for that reason I like it. Not my most fave out of all in the past, but for now it works for me. I went to Ulta for a color match. Have not tried their e/s yet, my my friend has and they are real nice. Oh, and practice applying, because if you use to much, it looks bad. Good Luck!

Hi, I may be one of the few on here, but I love BE foundation. I have combo skin (oily in the t-zone) and this feels so wonderful. It feels like I'm not even wearing makeup. I will say though that it does have a learning curve, it took me a while to get it right and to find the right color for me. I will say that if you don't like it not to give up on mineral makeup, they are lots of other great brands out there. hth.

Sheila

Originally Posted by ChristinaK I'd love to hear your opinions about Bare Escentuals! I have been really interested in buying this stuff because I've heard that it offers GREAT coverage and that it looks really natural. I'm so tired of using liquid foundation and I've never found one that I really like (I've tried Clinique, Lancome, Estee Lauder, Mary Kay...).
The reason why I hesitate to buy this stuff is b/c I've read that it does not work so well on oily skin, which I have. Also, what's the deal on the application technique.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by sheila73 Hi, I may be one of the few on here, but I love BE foundation. I have combo skin (oily in the t-zone) and this feels so wonderful. It feels like I'm not even wearing makeup. I will say though that it does have a learning curve, it took me a while to get it right and to find the right color for me. I will say that if you don't like it not to give up on mineral makeup, they are lots of other great brands out there. hth.
Sheila

I like BE. It have dry skin with some oilyness around my nose and Tzone and BE makes my face feel and look great. It took a while for me to find the color that best fit me but so far I am satisfied with it.

Glad it's not just me. Once I got the right color and the technique down, I loved it and haven't looked back. I could never wear liquid again now.

Sheila

Originally Posted by Marisol I like BE. It have dry skin with some oilyness around my nose and Tzone and BE makes my face feel and look great. It took a while for me to find the color that best fit me but so far I am satisfied with it.

I use only Clear Radiance.My everyday routine, i use it over my sunblock.coz right now i´m not using any foundation or powder.i´m tired of using makeup since i always got bump and breakout after that.

but CR alone gives me the glow effect.thinking of buying the foundation, but i wanna try everyday minerals first since it is cheaper

Originally Posted by ChristinaK I'd love to hear your opinions about Bare Escentuals! I have been really interested in buying this stuff because I've heard that it offers GREAT coverage and that it looks really natural. I'm so tired of using liquid foundation and I've never found one that I really like (I've tried Clinique, Lancome, Estee Lauder, Mary Kay...).
The reason why I hesitate to buy this stuff is b/c I've read that it does not work so well on oily skin, which I have. Also, what's the deal on the application technique.
wink.gif

BE is awesome. It has great coverage if you dont have much to cover. It lasts for most of the day if you use a primer with it. I like mineral MU a lot better than liquid... You can also try everyday minerals, it has better coverage than BE actually. You can order free samples.
smile.gif

About the application, it will be a trial and error process for you. The secret is to use the minimal amount needed to give you a good coverage. Over-applying MMU may cause you to look like you are using a clay mask. LOL

Back