Who is Cruelty Free?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If its the same company I am thinking of, it's owned by Louis Vutton so I wouldn be surprised if they didn't do animal testing.
Correction: It was owned by Louis Vutton, looks like they sold it to Starwood then to Steiner

Hi Everyone! I'm so happy I found this group, this is actually exactly what I was looking for :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I have become VERY health conscious and extremely supportive of cruelty free products! it's like a new obsession of mine I feel so much better when I shop or use my beauty products. I recently found this place call pure that has 100% organic, vegan, cruelty free makeup, bath&body, skincare etc. I've been sharing it with everybody I'm that obsessed haha! I tried their lotions, scrubs, moisturizer and caffeine bean eye cream it's amazing literally. The fact that you can read the label and understand the ingredients is such a relief. Anywho thought you all might love it as well, their stuff is affordable too they always have promotions like buy 3 get 1 free. Right now I believe if you buy over $50 you get free shipping and a free scrub! (try the coconut!) Enjoy, look forward to meeting you all! deleted per TOS

Thanks for the links to cruelty-free products. That is really helpful.

I have heard of elf makeup and it looked coo when I've seen pics of itl, but never realized it was so affordable - woo-hoo!

p.s, Does anyone know of beauty products that are considered to be made with safe ingredients? This summer I looked into spf and learned that a lot of unsafe ingredients often go into body/cosmetic products. It was really disappointing to realize that in the USA the standards for safe and decent ingredients (in everything) is not very strict. I know this group is for cruelty-free, but just wondering if anyone here has heard of companies and brands that are considered good quality with safe ingredients? (thanks)

Yay! I'm so excited to find this group! I'm finishing up law school and just started researching how little legislation there is protecting us from scary chemicals in beauty products! I was always a Lancome girl but after doing some homework about L'Oreal (who owns them) I'm finishing up my stuff and moving on. As for sunscreens- have you ever tried a powder one? It sounds strange but they actually work well and are a lot less messy (you do have to apply a lot more though). They are usually all mineral based and you kind find a ton of brands just by Googling it. I also like anything from Yes To...(blueberries, carrots, cucumbers, whatev!), Burts Bees and Juice Beauty (they have spf in their products but I don't think they have a specific sun block yet). Alicia Silverstone has a great blog about products she suggests and she tweets a ton too- I think it's called "The Kind Blog" or some other take off of her book. Here's a great graphic about ingredients to avoid and it's very well cited- I checked out the websites at the bottom! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-4071/What-You-Need-to-Know-About-Cosmetics-Chemicals-Infographic.html

Hey,

I stumbled across this thread on my endless search for CF products. However, for me it is also vital that I am not purchasing products manufactured in sweatshops. The problem is: I'm really struggling to find CF and sweatshop free cosmetics. REALLY STRUGGLING! (like I'm about to never be able to wear make up again).

I was wondering if any of you fine young ladies and gentlemen, know of any brands that would fall under this category?

THANKS. x.

I just saw that Tarte is being sold to a company that is not cruelty free. Tarte says that they will remain cruelty free, but I'm think if that other company wants to expand into China, they won't be for long.

Quote: Originally Posted by eucala08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I just saw that Tarte is being sold to a company that is not cruelty free. Tarte says that they will remain cruelty free, but I'm think if that other company wants to expand into China, they won't be for long.
Nooooooo! This breaks my heart, as I always thought I was safe with Tarte. Throughout I thought- at least I know I can count on Tarte to me all natural and cruelty-free. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Eugh!!!!

As long as the company who buys Tarte don't start selling Tarte in China, I'll still purchase. Once that's available in China, until China allows alternative ways to test cosmetics, I'll avoid Tarte.

This keeps happening and it's driving me nuts!

You take one step forward, two steps back. EUGH!

The best news has been the EU ban on animal-tested cosmetics, I just wish other regions would follow suit.

Quote: Originally Posted by eastofthesun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The best news has been the EU ban on animal-tested cosmetics, I just wish other regions would follow suit.

I think it'll take us contacting out congressmen and senators and putting the heat on to get the US to ban it. One member introduced a bill recently to ban it. But, Safe Cosmetics and Personal Care Products Act of 2013 bill that is out at committee level will actually would require it. Though it does fund looking for alternative testing which they hope to use at the end of 10 years of funding the bill. I contacted my local politicians, but I got a lot of flip floppy answers. It's not on the floor right now though, so it's not on their radar since they're not on the committee. My Beauty Bunny has articles about both bills.

-_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Interesting reading, I'm all for cruelty free cosmetics of any kind. :wub:

We have a couple of really awesome companies that are cruelty free in N.Z but they are a little pricey. :blush:

Our country just passed a law on testing on animals for synthetic highs and I'm hopeful for more change in regards to all animal testing regimes. ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I love skincare but am wary of items that I'm not sure about their ethics concerning animal testing. :unsure:

Whatever we can do to make good changes and keep the safety and humane care of animals concerning testing is awesome and commendable. :wub:

Great post everyone and this thread will be watched by me for updates and info regarding this awesome discussion. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It's so sad that many of those brands aren't available in Asia. Animal testing isn't seen as a big deal and even encouraged in some cases. I wish affordable brands were more readily available around here. 

I'm currently transitioning to a completely cruelty free routine. Just using up the stuff that I have left, and preparing to kiss my favorite Maybelline products goobye! (Which is so sad, really. I'm addicted to their color tattoos and mega plush mascara. But I'll do it for the furbabies!)

Right now I'm focusing specifically on animal cruelty. Once I've got that narrowed down, I'm going to start eliminating products that use unethical labor practices. I've noticed it's a lot harder to find out if a company uses sweatshop labor than if they test on animals.

I'm vegan so all about cruelty-free.  Here's a vegan/organic make-up video I made with vegan cruelty-free cosmetics. I hope you enjoy it. We can encourage cruelty-free products with our dollar so buy organic vegan!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back