Who is your beauty muse?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I don't know if this has been asked before, but I thought it might be interesting to find out who your beauty/makeup inspiration is. Is it your mom? a celebrity? a makeup artist? a mentor? I saw this on another board, and I thought it was a great question.:icon_love

Mine are:

Audrey Hepburn, Gwyneth Paltrow and Gwen Stefani

Kevyn Aucoin (of course
smile.gif
), Linda Mason, Bobbi Brown and Tom Pecheaux (sp?)

i definitely like kevyn aucoin. he knows how to enhance natural beauty but has such talent when doing other things like those pics of when he transformed celebrities into different celebrities.

i love the way j. lo and jessica simpson wear their makeup. there is also two makeup artists at a mac pro store in the houston galleria that i fiend over every time i see their makeup, it is always soooo flawless(kristin & brandy). A makeup artist at another mac pro store here in houston in rice village named elroy. mally roncal, a celebrity makeup artist for destiny's child, j. lo, etc.

I love Liv Tyler and Alison Goldfrapp (because she goes a bit wacky and out there sometimes).

livhy.jpg
alison_goldfrapp.jpg

OMG that´s almost scary. lea you have the exact same coloring as Liv Tyler (and you´re also wearing a similar makeup in your avatar pic!!) you lucky girl, I think Liv is almost supernaturally beautiful

Originally Posted by Charmaine I don't really have a beauty muse, I just like looks of various people I see in the magazines. same with me.

I love the makeup of jlo and Rani mukherjee ( this is an indian actress), i especially love here eyelashes, i dont know what her secret is, but i think i will have to go to india someday to check it out. I mean they are really amazing. But jlo" s make-up looks sometimes messy now in some pictures ( but she is still pretty), i think she has a new make-up artist. Oh, i also like sarah michelle gellar, because she still has something natural.
icon_cool.gif

I love Catherine Zeta Jones, Gwen Stefani, Marilyn Monroe..there's so many. But mostly, I love the looks of many that I see..especially on MUT!

J-Lo's makeup always seems to be so perfect in every picture, it is amazing! But, I think my favorite is Gwen Stefani, her look is just totally awesome!

Another vote for Scarlett Johansson...she's so beautiful, but she can still be low key and look naturally pretty.

Natalie Portman - I want to check out the Stila lipstick named after her...anyone have opinions on the color or anything on it?

Jessica Simpson - I love her glamourous look, and her skin is always glowy!

Liv Tyler - in LOTR...whoa! She was so angelic looking, I loved it.

#200!

Originally Posted by Trisha Natalie l/s is a gorgeous plum l/s but its sheer so still very natural looking, beautiful topped off with Berry or Plum lipglaze x Thanks Trisha...I have fair skin (neutral) and reddish brown hair and green eyes...do you think this kind of color would look good on me and not wash me out? I kinda have been wanting a plummy lipcolor since it has been all over my magazines! Oh, and how well do the lipstick tubes hold up? I think they are cardboard (correct me if i'm wrong), so do they fall apart fast and dry out the lippie?

Originally Posted by Liz i definitely like kevyn aucoin. he knows how to enhance natural beauty but has such talent when doing other things like those pics of when he transformed celebrities into different celebrities. Ditto!

Trisha are Stila's lipsticks good? Comparing to other high end brands like Estee Lauder,Clinique,Biotherm etc.

Originally Posted by Trisha i dont think it would wash you out as its sheer finish but its hard to say not having seen you in person! if you put Berry Lipglaze over it, it would be very pretty on a paler skin.
the l/s arent in cardboard anymore

its metal tubing which looks like cardboard, also the lipstick barrel is coded so you can see which l/s are sheer, shimmer or cream

st_S1AC01_200.jpg

Sheer is the tubing with the flower print

http://www.stilacosmetics.com/templa...D=PROD8090#top

Another vote for Liv Tyler and Scarlett Johansson.

I like their ads for Givenchy and Calvin Klein.

TN_VeryIrresistible_2003.jpg
photo15.jpg

Yes I don't like Mac's l/s either! I believe they're a lot better l/s out in the market! Until now I think Biotherm's has the best l/s ever!Have you try them before? If you didn't you must,their texture is heaven!!

Originally Posted by Trisha yes i do really like our l/s, better than MAC and others and ive tried MAC, EL, Armani, & Shu x
I especially love the sheer finishes we do x

Thanks Trisha! The new tubes are really cute, and the coding is a cool idea...I might be ordering this once I get my check...stila's stuff looks so cute on their website, I could spend hundreds there! I think my first order will be for the natalie lipstick and kitten eyeshadow...you're so helpful!

Latest posts

Back