Whoa! How nasty can a person get! VENT!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok,

I will admit, i am somewhat active on another board, only because i started there awhile ago and have active swapping buddies.. but i am slowly phasing that board out.. i know, i dont have to explain.. but..

on with the VENT!

I have an e/s. Its a LE and very discontinued, its MAC IceBox. I have used it all of 4 times MAX. Not sure if i wanna keep it or swap it out. So, i posted a thread about the idea.. i got mixed reviews. One person sent me an email, was rather rude and said how she 'really wanted it" and would do a CP from Sephora for me. Ok, well, Sephora doesn't carry MAC and i hate to sound like a witch here, but MAC is the only cosmetic that i can use on both SKIN and EYES that doesnt cause some sort of gorey reaction. This is on my NOTEPAD and SWAP NOTEPAD! I tried to explain this and said i would check her swap list. Which i did and found nothing. SO i sent a VERY NICE, "thanks but no thanks" with an explanation. I really didn't have to explain anything either. And. I also said that i had a Sephora, MAC and MAC freestanding store 4 minutes from me. This person KEPT emailing me and got nastier by each email. I had said "sorry, i will keep checking your swap list". the last email said " I OFFERD YOU A CP FOR THIS, dont bother contacting me, good luck!"

GRR! so nasty! AND.. i never OFFERED this for SWAP! it was an IDEA!

OMG- i forgot the most important part...

So.. after i got that "good luck" email, within MINUTES there is the thread started on why a person would put something up for swap and not take a CP or whatever.. So i commented, "oh i guess this is for me! My thread stated ON THE FENCE, not sure if want to or not". the item was never offered. With that, more smartaleck remarks flew around.

makes me really mad.

Originally Posted by MacForMe

OMG- i forgot the most important part...
So.. after i got that "good luck" email, within MINUTES there is the thread started on why a person would put something up for swap and not take a CP or whatever.. So i commented, "oh i guess this is for me! My thread stated ON THE FENCE, not sure if want to or not". the item was never offered. With that, more smartaleck remarks flew around.

makes me really mad.

I can guess the board!!!
wink.gif
I cannot comment much since I have never done any swaps, I only set up our swap center here based on our user's needs. Hopefully we can week out people like that here.
Good luck with that and hope it works out for everyone
smile.gif

That sucks!!
frown.gif
Fortunately I haven't had any horrible swap experiences - the worst one was that the girl sent out 3 weeks late and it took her months to finally award me my token. That's why I take swap breaks all the time... sometimes it just gets too crazy!!

eeew. sorry that people are being psycho. that's why i don't like big sites. more chances that people are crazy. lol. even if it was up for swap, you have the right to swap to whomever you want. if they have stuff that you want, it's not your fault. is this person new or something?

Originally Posted by Liz eeew. sorry that people are being psycho. that's why i don't like big sites. more chances that people are crazy. lol. even if it was up for swap, you have the right to swap to whomever you want. if they have stuff that you want, it's not your fault. is this person new or something? not that i know of, seems to be well known. But to get nasty about it?
icon_mad.gif
How necessary was that? I think the worst was when i posted to HER post, she started with the sarcastic remarks.. please.. spare me. I said no thank you so very nicely.. i can't HELP it that i have almost 99% of the stuff on her swap list.. NOR can i help it that i DONT shop Sephora.. WOW!

I think i will just do what i have been doing, phasing out activity on THERE and just stay HERE.. its much nicer..

Originally Posted by Trisha Thats really rude, i've had it with swapping too, i just sell my stuff, much easier since we have a For Sale forum here too!

What is Icebox like? I might be interested (not offering you a CP of course, the only thing i can offer is to purchase via Paypal!) xx

Hi Sweety! iceBox was a LE shadow.. icy silver blue.. Giggle.. not offering a CP. ha ha ha.. funny there Missy!

Ugh, i just hate rude people.. I hope you dont hear from her again

Originally Posted by Trisha Thats really rude, i've had it with swapping too, i just sell my stuff, much easier since we have a For Sale forum here too!

What is Icebox like? I might be interested (not offering you a CP of course, the only thing i can offer is to purchase via Paypal!) xx

If you look at my notepad, i have a pic of my traincase, you can see the 3 blues in it.. the LIGHTEST one is IceBox..

Originally Posted by Laura Ugh, i just hate rude people.. I hope you dont hear from her again yeah, ya know? Really soured me alot.. just take NO as an answer and be gracious! SHEESH!

Originally Posted by Liz what collection was it from??? hey-- It was from Merry MAC Mas, November 2000

Latest posts

Back