who's sporting body art?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
great story! my son is 21 and thinks that i'm partially insane anyway. i think it helps when your children can identify with you - even at 21!

Originally Posted by Naturally I was at work one day ..getting breakfast (work in hospital) ..and this woman in line made the comment "I bet you regret getting THOSE done" ...(pointing at my arm piece) ..to which I replied "OH no ...I have NO regrets except that I want more and haven't gotten them quick enough" ...the look on her face was PRICELESS!
Last week when I went to school for my son's field trip ..my daughters class is right across the hall ...well ..many of the kids in her class were all sneaking peeks because I had on a short sleeve top ...they told her that they thought her MOM WAS COOL ..and she told me when she got home! LOL That made my day!

Originally Posted by monniej kim you are my hero! i'll be 47 in october and i'm going to do it even if it's just for myself. thank you so much for your post. i don't feel 47 either! you´re really doing it-how COOL!! Go for it and I´m sure you´ll love it. and what I like about piercings-when you´re tired of them you take them out and it´s all good
smile.gif

Oh well, i guess i better jump in here. Most of you saw my old avatar.. that was before more was added.. So, between the back mural, my lower back tribal, leg tribal band which was actually 2 pieces, the dolphin. total times under the gun 16..

Whoa,macforme,does it still hurt when you get them done or are you used to it?

Originally Posted by nydoll23 Whoa,macforme,does it still hurt when you get them done or are you used to it? Hi- thanks for the question.. each person is different in their pain threshold. I think Ms Naturally can agree, depends on what you are getting and where. My tribal pieces are all black, and they HURT. The color ones are not so bad when they put the color in, the outlines, with that smaller needle seem to hurt much more, but your endorphins kick in and that helps.. So does some aspirin BEFORE you go.. And as gross as this may sound, dont get one a week before your period either.. hurts even more for some reason.. Anyway, at least after the first one, you have a clue on how it feels..

Originally Posted by MacForMe Hi- thanks for the question.. each person is different in their pain threshold. I think Ms Naturally can agree, depends on what you are getting and where. My tribal pieces are all black, and they HURT. The color ones are not so bad when they put the color in, the outlines, with that smaller needle seem to hurt much more, but your endorphins kick in and that helps.. So does some aspirin BEFORE you go.. And as gross as this may sound, dont get one a week before your period either.. hurts even more for some reason.. Anyway, at least after the first one, you have a clue on how it feels..
I actually have three already and looking to do a fourth,I was just curious if the pain for you was the same as 1 as with13.I agree with the black ink hurting more.Ihave two on my lower tummy right before the hip bone ,those really hurt.

Originally Posted by nydoll23 I actually have three already and looking to do a fourth,I was just curious if the pain for you was the same as 1 as with13.I agree with the black ink hurting more.Ihave two on my lower tummy right before the hip bone ,those really hurt. oh im sorry .. i misunderstood.. must be the heat! LOL! I think it was less painful after the 1st one, cuz i knew what to expect.. the black ones did hurt more, pretty much the same as the first and last time i got one..

I wish my dad was like Naturally, he flipped when I got my piercings and tatoo. I have my belly button pierced, both ears pierced, and I used to have my left ear cartilage pierced but I go a keloid and had to have surgery on it. I also have a small outline of a star on the inside of my left wrist.

I have a small Chinese symbol of Good Fortune tattooed on the left side of my lower back. I've had it for awhile, pre-kids. I have no regrets. I'm glad that I did it. It kind of represents that time in my life. As for more, I'm thinking probably not. It's so funny when my kids catch sight of my tat, they're like,"There's a bug on your back, Mommy!" Ha, ha..I used to think I was so cool.

cool.gif

I have on as well. I was having a crisis when I turned 30 because at 30, I had been married 10 years and my son was 14. Kind of midlife early, so I got a tattoo. I went and found the tattoo I wanted and it looked like a little dragon fly fairy thing it was so cute. Well, after waiting my turn for 2 1/2 hours, they got me ready and then asked me all these questions. One of them was "are you on antibiotics"? I was so they made me reschedule because they said it would make the ink reject. So I went back 2 weeks later and I couldnt find the cute little dragon fly thing so they talked me into something else. I do not regret getting a tattoo but I wished I wiuld have held out for the one I really wanted! Now I have a female on my back with butt and a boob showing. My husband loves it, especially from behind! BTW-it is on the small of my back and all the little pink stuff around her are pink bubbles. They are really light and almost make me look like I have a rash so I want to go back and have those darkened and have a tiara put on her head!

Tattoo3.JPG

I've got a few, but this one is my favorite. Even though it is on a very sensitive part of my body the artist was really good and it felt like I was being tickled. The worst one was the one I got on my neck. I hadn't eaten, and I had a different tattoo done just before, so I was already feeling a little out of it. It hurt a lot and I felt like I was going to pass out, but one of the artist's friends stopped by and dropped off a real funny book about the tv show The Simpsons. That book was so funny, I was laughing so much it really took my mind off how crappy I felt. Then I stumbled home and had Turkish coffee! I was living on Haight street at that time, and there's nothing quite like the experience of stumbling around Haight Street at night!

I am not a tattoo person, never wanted one for some reason. I can't tolerate the pain and needles, so may be that's part of it
icon_rolleyes.gif

I have my navel pierced last december but mine is taking forever to heal. It was my fault though because I kept leaning on my stomach and I kind of store some skin ><. Now I'm just waiting for the tissue to heal, but I can wait
smile.gif

OMG guys I love the woman with bubbles (and yes, definitely get the tiara done on her head-that would look so cute!) and the cangaroo with guns-very funny and original!

I had my upper left ear cartilage pierced for almost 3yrs and I took it outlast month for my surgery (I developed a keloid a cm above it)--it closed up within 2 days. I know ear piercings close up fast but my regular ear piercings never closed up and I go months without putting an earring in (probably because my mom got my ears pierced when I was a yr...meh). My navel piercing took almost 2yrs to heal and it kept getting these weird bumpish things that weren't keloids. My body is so weird.

I like it too, she is slim
icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by nydoll23 This one is really cute Regina,I love the colors.

Tattoo3.JPG
She has a great tush,lol
biggrin.gif

Back