Why are the MAC MA so rude?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ahah, maybe you never know
smile.gif
but like i said, you are the client and you deserve the best

I can totally relate to you! Sometimes when I go to the MAC store I end up standing there for like hella long just to see if someone can grab the stuff I want and ring me up. I mean I know what I want I just need someone to take my money. Ughhh.... theres been several times where I get so frustrated I leave and don't even come home with anything which upsets me more.

Sometimes they would never greet me. I agree, they are really snobby and they have that "I think I'm all that" attitude.

well these are the places i have been treated crappy or have been ignored

mac counter at nordstroms at montclair mall

mac store at the brea mall

mac pro store on robertson

sephora store at brea mall

girls were always sweet at the nordstroms mac counter at brea mall.

while a few mac mua here take offense to all our complaining by turning around and doing a little complaining of there own about customers, i find it funny that they justify these snobby mua by complaing about customers as well, this only proves my point, so its like we have to take the shit for other difficult customers? oh well maybe part of the mac requirements besides doing pretty make up should also be, personality required and oh yeah you still work for the man girls, your not rock stars, so dont act like your doing ME a favor.

The ones at the Macy's at the mall in Toledo, Ohio aren't. They are the sweetest people ever!! I love the MA's at my MAC.

I guess they think their on the top since Mac is so popular.I had my few bad experinces at Mac at Macys.Those *****es could be rude.

Thats terrible that they are rude!! They need a reality check and realize that without us, they don't have a job!! I can't stand when MA's are snobby.

I've only had two experiences with MAC counters. Both very pleasant.

My first experience was in a Macy's in Chicago. I called first to make sure that they had the Flashtronic collection. The gal was very nice, told me what item they hadn't received yet, then gave me directions to get to Macy's from the Botanical Gardens. She was just as helpful when I got there.

My second experience was Black Friday. I was in Kansas City and when we got done with breakfast, I wanted to go to Nordstroms in the Oak Park Mall to browse the MAC counter. Mind you, we get up at 3:30 am to shop. There is no time to shower and do your hair or put great effort into your makeup. One of the gals spent so much time with my sister and I. My sister didn't even buy anything but was given a sample. I ended buying only one pigment. Even though my sister didn't buy anything that morning, the MA's there left a lasting impression on her because of how friendly everyone was and how great their makeup looked.

The rest of my MAC has been purchased online because my closest counter is two hours away.

I finally found a great MAC MA... I'm so happy. Sophia was so helpful, she said she was on Specktra but I didn't ask for her username. But I don't like the MAC at this one Macy*s store... they're all crap and forever chit chatting in one corner.

I've only bought MAC in person a couple of times, (Myer Chatswood in Sydney) and they were always very friendly and most helpful, one MA even took my photo, you can see it on my MUT profile.

I'm sick of complaining. It's seems the problem, if addressed, is not being taken seriously./quote]

I strongly disagree and think that is honestly a little silly to say (not meant in a mean way since we can't really tell over text.)

From experiencing it and seeing it, customer service is beyond huge with MAC, beyond anything you would honestly experience, at least in my region it is. I personally take it very seriously and work my bootie off to make sure everyone feels like they are noticed and are taken care of as soon as possible and with the most care.

I agree that it is frustrating to get bad service, I get very angry when I get it, bc I am so aware of it myself, it is unholy how much rage I can get. But try to be aware that we don't always know what is going on behind the scenes, that we don't get along with everyone, and yes there are bad apples occasionally!!

If you think about how many people work for MAC across the country, there HAS to be people that aren't good at customer service in that vast number!! I am glad you at least have one MAC store where you feel like you are treated the way you deserve!!
rockwoot.gif

When I was at the Pro store in LA, I came in during closing time and they all huddled around the register hoping that they didn't have to help anyone so they could close up lol. So I just walked over and asked for help. I told them I knew they were closing soon and I just wanted to pick out a few things. They were very nice and insisted I take my time. I also noticed that the MAs at that store know the product line so well and are pretty good artists.

Any salesperson that bases their treatment of a customer on how they look or are dressed is stupid and shallow, becuase it is not an indication of how much money they will spend. I would assume though that management probably sets the tone at each individual store, and that is why you will be treated so well at one and bad at another. The manager at a store w/ bad customer service is probably also stupid and shallow, and therefore hires and keeps similar employees. I would get names when I get bad service and report them, no matter how many times it takes.

i go to the glendale galleria MAC. the MA's are super nice. im sure ill have a bad encounter. when ur spending as much as it costs to shop there, you really do deserve pleasant service. ;D

MAC lost my business a long time ago for various reasons:

1. Quality decline

2. Terrible reaction "BREAKOUT" with studio fix

3. All the MAC employees think they all that and more and they are not.

I have been treated terribly by verious MAC employees through out various stores and I truly do not feel MAC takes customer service seriously at all!

They appease you with a token gift to buy you off.

I truly hate MAC! there are many other brands that have a much higher quality.

Good Luck!

Ive had three Mac experiences.

One in Halifax, where the MA was beyond wonderful and helpful.

One in Ottawa, where I was ignored...twice.

And one in Frankfurt, where the MA was semi helpful, kinda rude, and Im half blaming the language barrier.

I think that as with most businesses, store management, the individual stores, is the key. Good managers require good employees. Slack managers allow for slack employees. I doubt it has that much to do with the actual company.

Originally Posted by hoemygosh /img/forum/go_quote.gif i go to the glendale galleria MAC. the MA's are super nice. im sure ill have a bad encounter. when ur spending as much as it costs to shop there, you really do deserve pleasant service. ;D That's were I have gotten the best service and the worst Macys stonewood center.

Back