Why oh why do poster use unreadable fonts and colors?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is a tiny peeve that's been bothering me for a while. Why do so many MuT posters use virtually illegible fonts or colors? Don't you want people to read your posts? If so, pale pink script is a poor choice.

People just forget that not everyone has the same forum style as they do.

And its not like people read everyone's posts either (my pet peeve - especially when someone says something thats already been dealt with in a previous post/response)

I agree

Originally Posted by Saje /img/forum/go_quote.gif People just forget that not everyone has the same forum style as they do.
And its not like people read everyone's posts either (my pet peeve - especially when someone says something thats already been dealt with in a previous post/response)

that irks me sometimes too..but oh well. cant get my panties in a bunch over that. i just dont read what they type and move on to the next response.

Yeah it is quite annoying. Just skip it like the rest of the girls said
smile.gif

You just have to remember that everyone's computer is different; depending on size, pixelation, and color settings, what may look good on one person's computer may be illegible on someone else's.

Man....finally someone said something...Hahahah. It is hard to read and I usually don't wanna squint my eyes to try, so I skip it too.

Hey MUTers!! Check your font color and make sure they are readable!!

Originally Posted by KellyB /img/forum/go_quote.gif If I can't read it, I skip it but it doesn't bother me. That's what I do as well.

If you go under User CP and select Edit Options. Scroll down and select "Show Post Effect" What this will do is that it will turn off displaying of the user definable post effects such as bold, size, color, and italic.

Originally Posted by Marisol /img/forum/go_quote.gif If you go under User CP and select Edit Options. Scroll down and select "Show Post Effect" What this will do is that it will turn off displaying of the user definable post effects such as bold, size, color, and italic. You're the woman Marisol
smile.gif

Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thanks Marisol!! Originally Posted by Jessica_Ann /img/forum/go_quote.gif You're the woman Marisol
smile.gif
You are both welcome.

Faith-Abigail's reply is exactly correct!

One thing if you are on a PC and have a mouse wheel on your mouse, hold down control and scroll your wheel towards you. Magic!

Originally Posted by Faith-Abigail /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You just have to remember that everyone's computer is different; depending on size, pixelation, and color settings, what may look good on one person's computer may be illegible on someone else's.

thanks Marisol, that's an awesome idea. Shame it doesn't make people's fool posts into english, haha! - in my opinion, what is worse than just illegible colours and texts is combining that with txt LyK dIS DaTs UP n DWn lyk al ovr n stff, lolz.

do they think people read stuff that's written in that style? because I don't
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif thanks Marisol, that's an awesome idea. Shame it doesn't make people's fool posts into english, haha! - in my opinion, what is worse than just illegible colours and texts is combining that with txt LyK dIS DaTs UP n DWn lyk al ovr n stff, lolz.

do they think people read stuff that's written in that style? because I don't
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I agree with you. That is why the Forum Netiquette was created and the mods try as hard as we can to ask users to avoid using text speak.

Latest posts

Back