Why oh why must Shu's cleansing oil be so expensive?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
this thing takes off makeup (especially mascara) without any effort at all. i actually LIKED taking my makeup off and cleansing my face at night even when i was so tired.

i got a generous sample of this when i went to their boutique to do some haulin' and i'm so in love
frown.gif

no other oil does what this does
nud.gif

sorry for the rant, but this upsets me to no end! i'm such a loser, i know.

Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif I thought DHC cleansing oil was comparable and alot more inexpensive why did i think it was the same price almost? thanks. i'm gonna check it out!

Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hmm. I remember it being a little more reasonable. $24 for the large bottle. sounds good to me! thanks again.

I've tried all Shu's cleansing oils but I find it too expensive just for cleanser

You should get FANCL mild cleansing oil Jen, I think they got the US site one

FANCL

It only cost $22 on the website. It's my HG cleansing oil!

Originally Posted by Leony /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've tried all Shu's cleansing oils but I find it too expensive just for cleanserYou should get FANCL mild cleansing oil Jen, I think they got the US site one

FANCL

i second that!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by goddess13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Have you tried M.A.C Cleansing Oil? no actually. i've heard mixed reviews on it. i'd rather try something else.

Originally Posted by Leony /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've tried all Shu's cleansing oils but I find it too expensive just for cleanserYou should get FANCL mild cleansing oil Jen, I think they got the US site one

FANCL

thanks!!! i'm gonna look into that. it got good reviews.

I'm cheap! I just use a 50/50 mix of castor oil and sweet almond oil and it takes off EVERYTHING!

FANCL

I got this one from Leony and it rocks!

Originally Posted by kaville /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm cheap! I just use a 50/50 mix of castor oil and sweet almond oil and it takes off EVERYTHING! i've been using 50/50 castor oil and olive oil and it sucks. it's too thick. am i doing something wrong? it barely removes anything!

Originally Posted by Jennifer /img/forum/go_quote.gif i've been using 50/50 castor oil and olive oil and it sucks. it's too thick. am i doing something wrong? it barely removes anything! Hhhmmmm....I don't know. I haven't tried Olive Oil, but maybe the combination of the two? I know the Castor oil is pretty thick, but that's the one that really seems to get the makeup off. Maybe try mixing with a lighter oil? Like Almond or Grapeseed? Or maybe use a 25/75 mix castor oil and some other oil?

Originally Posted by kaville /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hhhmmmm....I don't know. I haven't tried Olive Oil, but maybe the combination of the two? I know the Castor oil is pretty thick, but that's the one that really seems to get the makeup off. Maybe try mixing with a lighter oil? Like Almond or Grapeseed? Or maybe use a 25/75 mix castor oil and some other oil? i'll have to try it. paying $20 for an oil sounds crazy to me! although i love the method
frown.gif

I've never tried Shu's oils but have wanted to. I have DHC and use it occasionally. The only thing is that it does burn my eyes if I slip up and get some in there. Does Shu's cleansing oils burn your eyes?

Originally Posted by Jennifer /img/forum/go_quote.gif no actually. i've heard mixed reviews on it. i'd rather try something else.

thanks!!! i'm gonna look into that. it got good reviews.

I didn't realize FANCL cost that much in US. In Japan it only cost $15 for the same size. The smallest size one only $9 (60mL)By the way if you want another cheap way, what about Dr.Bronner liquid castile soap? it removes makeup too but not sure for waterproof makeup though.

I've only tried two cleansing oils so far. First I got MAC's Cleanse off oil cause it's mineral-oil free. It literally melts my makeup away and doesn't leave any residue. Removes eyemakeup pretty well too. Last week I purchased Lumene's cleansing oil. I didn't really notice any difference between these two oils. Lumene's bottle is bigger and cheaper though (200ml for about $10) which is a good thing.

I got a sample of the cleansing oil as well, and I love it, but yeah, I can be a bit cheap. =P

Originally Posted by Bellagigi /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've never tried Shu's oils but have wanted to. I have DHC and use it occasionally. The only thing is that it does burn my eyes if I slip up and get some in there. Does Shu's cleansing oils burn your eyes? not at all!!!

Originally Posted by Leony /img/forum/go_quote.gif I didn't realize FANCL cost that much in US. In Japan it only cost $15 for the same size. The smallest size one only $9 (60mL)By the way if you want another cheap way, what about Dr.Bronner liquid castile soap? it removes makeup too but not sure for waterproof makeup though.

i'll have to look into the castile soap. i've seen it in shops here. thanks!

Originally Posted by Gleam84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've only tried two cleansing oils so far. First I got MAC's Cleanse off oil cause it's mineral-oil free. It literally melts my makeup away and doesn't leave any residue. Removes eyemakeup pretty well too. Last week I purchased Lumene's cleansing oil. I didn't really notice any difference between these two oils. Lumene's bottle is bigger and cheaper though (200ml for about $10) which is a good thing. i read reviews on lumene and was about to purchase it, but i forgot all about it! thanks!

Latest posts

Back