Why won't my 3 1/2 year old............

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
...............go to bed by himself? First of all, my 15 month old sleeps in his crib in a room by himself and enjoys being alone for some reason however, i cannot achieve the same with my 3 1/2 year old. He's stuck to me and hubby like glue. Hubby and i can't even sit down to have a civil conversation without him coming in between. I have tried to no avail to tuck him into bed but he always resists. I have even done this with his routine daytime naps and still no luck. Please girls, i need some tips to get this resolved.

I honestly don't know... I've heard varying reasons as to why children do this, but I'm not positive if any of it's true. I've never had a problem with my children having to sleep in the bed with me/us.

Well all children are different and have different personalities so I'm guessing that is why. I think you might need to try something different and stick to it.

maybe you can set up a be4 bed routine. give him a bath then read him a book just so he can settledown a little then you can try laying in bed with him then when he's sleeping leave you can also see maybe he likes to sleep with the light on when he's sleeping byhimself.. if i were you i would try a couple of thing's just to see what works.

im feeling ya.. my 1st son is this way .. and now it has come true w/ my 2nd son... killin me... to the point of getting knocked out of my own bed!

Thank you so much for your awesome suggestions. I would have never thought to come up with such clever ideas..LOL This situation is driving me out of my mind. Hubby and i don't have any time together
frown.gif
We have to wait until 2 or 3 in the mornings to have some "alone time". Yesterday, i told hubby we have to fix this so i think you ladies have given me some perspective. I'll let you know how it goes, wish me luck
smile.gif

I watched a show about this before... a lot of it was about children having night tremors, but it also pertained to children afraid to sleep in their own room. they need a routine such as jenny said. A bath, and reading a book are perfect ideas. Jenny, good advice. Maybe you could do a reward chart too.

Originally Posted by jennycateyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif maybe you can set up a be4 bed routine. give him a bath then read him a book just so he can settledown a little then you can try laying in bed with him then when he's sleeping leave you can also see maybe he likes to sleep with the light on when he's sleeping byhimself.. if i were you i would try a couple of thing's just to see what works.

Originally Posted by bella1342 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I watched a show about this before... a lot of it was about children having night tremors, but it also pertained to children afraid to sleep in their own room. they need a routine such as jenny said. A bath, and reading a book are perfect ideas. Jenny, good advice. Maybe you could do a reward chart too. thanx! i know that work's for me.. everytime i see alexa is a little hyper i just bath her and read her a book and that does the trick.. i do it everynight now so she know's when betime is.

Back