Winter Favorites Cravebox

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in...card's been charged and I'm just waiting on my box.  This will be my second box.  I wasn't a fan of Thanksgiving (canned green beans and powdered turkey gravy...no thanks) but I'm not ready to write off cravebox just yet.  It did include the credit for the cards and stationary and even though I personally don't like chocolate a lot of people enjoyed the chocolate covered pomergrante seeds.  Hopefully this one will be wonderful!

Originally Posted by StuffedMailbox /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm in...card's been charged and I'm just waiting on my box.  This will be my second box.  I wasn't a fan of Thanksgiving (canned green beans and powdered turkey gravy...no thanks) but I'm not ready to write off cravebox just yet.  It did include the credit for the cards and stationary and even though I personally don't like chocolate a lot of people enjoyed the chocolate covered pomergrante seeds.  Hopefully this one will be wonderful!
Ha! They weren't chocolate covered "seeds"  they're more like a flavored gummy or soft candy center, they were the best part of the Thanksgiving box, although I have had them before and they were not new to me.  But I was still happy with them!

I'm curious what you guys get for the Winter fav's. I almost nearly signed up, but the last couple boxes (coffee and spruce up) were stinkers (in my opinion).  I would have gotten the most use out of the spruce up stuff, but $14 is a lot for shipping of samples (again in my opinion).  

Box has shipped!
smile.gif

Yay! Hoping for a good box. I have had about 3 crummy ones in a row! (Book Lover/ Thanksgiving/ Cooking Light). *sigh*

Addicted--what else can I do?

mine shipped too, although the weight has me thinking this is a total dud, but i will wait and see

Originally Posted by peridotcricket /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My shipping notice says the box weighs 1 pound and they used UPS this time instead of FedEx. Hmmm ... I am hoping for a good box, too.
Really?  On my shipping notice the box weighs 3 pounds.

just checked again now it says three pounds, so im happy, i hope it is good (i was scared when it said 1lb that was way to light to be good!)

Originally Posted by PAsh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yay! Hoping for a good box. I have had about 3 crummy ones in a row! (Book Lover/ Thanksgiving/ Cooking Light). *sigh*

Addicted--what else can I do?
what didnt you like about the cooking light one? just curious

Originally Posted by StuffedMailbox /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by peridotcricket /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My shipping notice says the box weighs 1 pound and they used UPS this time instead of FedEx. Hmmm ... I am hoping for a good box, too.
Really?  On my shipping notice the box weighs 3 pounds.

Weight is no indicator, though! Remember that this is a company that has sent out canned green beans, lol.. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Weight is no indicator, though! Remember that this is a company that has sent out canned green beans, lol.. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
This just gave me a good chuckle lol. I passed on this box but hope it brings good things to those of you who got it!

Originally Posted by Nikki Apostolou /img/forum/go_quote.gif

what didnt you like about the cooking light one? just curious
oh, i did not enjoy the salty caramel flavored Torani...i don't want salt in my coffee...thankyouverymuch.

Also, the Nectresse was really really sweet...wayy too much.

The coffee was meh...not strong enough for my buds.

I enjoyed the Dole fruit cups, and the McCormick is still in my pantry, unused.

So there!

Originally Posted by PAsh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

oh, i did not enjoy the salty caramel flavored Torani...i don't want salt in my coffee...thankyouverymuch.

Also, the Nectresse was really really sweet...wayy too much.

The coffee was meh...not strong enough for my buds.

I enjoyed the Dole fruit cups, and the McCormick is still in my panty, unused.

So there!
Lol thanks for sharing. I was curious because i loved loved loved that box. Loved everything you mentioned above even baught more torani =X but that nectresse was a little too sweet, i loved the coffee. I think they need to fine tune their survey maybe so that people get items that they will really like. Even a question of how do you like your coffee. Would be helpful (in food based boxes) I am sorry you didnt like yours though =(

My tracking says my box has been in Des Moines since Friday. Um, it originated in Colorado. Des Moines is 150 miles farther East from Colorado than I am, like literally a straight line farther East from the city where I live. Could they not just have routed it through Omaha? I guarantee it will go through Omaha the day it's delivered to me. I am in Iowa, but all my out of state packages, whether UPS, FedEx, or regular USPS get routed through Omaha. One of my Birchboxes went to Des Moines once, but 8 hours later it was back in Omaha and I had it the next day. What is up with the way shipping works in this country. No wonder the USPS is practically banckrupt. Did anybody ever tell them or UPS that shipping things half a state farther than it needs to go wastes money and fuel and hurts their bottom line? Anyway, I will get it eventually, but shipping snafus lately have been very not amusing. I just thought I would share. What does everybody else think about stuff not shipping through the nearest major hub or by the most direct route?

Back