Winter Skincare

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At the start of winter, my skin always dries out significantly. This winter, it happened as expected but took a dramatic turn for the worse after extreme cold weather in New York my face was extremely dry, flaking, red, and irritated. No moisturizer or sheet mask was strong enough until I discovered this overnight sleeping mask (LANEIGE Korean Skincare & Makeup) which I used every night. It really saved my skin. I still use it proactively and have had no problems or dryness since.

Hello! Winter tends to take away the moisture from skin leaving it dry and flakey. If nothing is working for you, try using petroleum jelly on your face. It is very thick and will restore your skin’s hydration. Although don’t apply too much otherwise you’ll feel and look like a glazed doughnut haha. A little amount goes a long way.

Indeed moisturizers are the only solutions to keep your skin smooth in winter.

I've tried different moisturizers - Nivia, Pond's, Vaseline and Eucerin. I found Nivia and Eucerin very effective for my skin

Which moisturizer do you use and since how long?

I use Nivea lip balm, Vaseline Intensive Care for Men, and eos hand cream, and of course I drink a lot of water.

I use a moisturizing lotion with ceramides and glycerin, try to avoid harsh air, reduce the water temperature (my dermatologist said that prolonged exposure to hot water could damage the skin's outer layer, depriving it of its natural moisturizers), and try to hydrate my skin from the inside - drink plenty of water.

At the start of winter, my skin always dries out significantly. This winter, it happened as expected but took a dramatic turn for the worse after extreme cold weather in New York my face was extremely dry, flaking, red, and irritated. No moisturizer or sheet mask was strong enough until I discovered this overnight sleeping mask (LANEIGE Korean Skincare & Makeup) which I used every night. It really saved my skin. I still use it proactively and have had no problems or dryness since.
Great post

I use Kosmoderma Ultra Moisture Blast that works best for my skin. It contains urea, glycerol, Hyaluronic acid, and lactic acid 1 %. that worked wonders for my dry, flaking, red, and irritated skin. It heals the most common concerns occurring due to dryness.

Hi there! I also struggle with skin care routines myself, before doing research and reading some articles about it, i was pretty much clueless abt how to take care of my sensitive and oily skin. Here is an article I've found that may be useful with your dilemma. Hope this helps!

5 winter skincare tips.

1. Do Your Research: You need to be aware of your skin type and condition to ensure that you get the right product. Do you have rosacea? Dry skin?
Have a medical diagnosis of rosacea? If so, you need to speak to your dermatologist before you decide on a skincare product.

2. Use the Right Product: Read the fine print on the packaging – often products with a fancy and creative label can have harsh, chemical ingredients. The safest and most effective way to choose skincare products is by reading the label. Read the ingredients list and check out the safety information. Look for products that are free of synthetic chemicals and parabens (powdered formaldehyde, a cancer-causing preservative that is used as an ingredient in many skincare products) and which carry the EU’s allergen label (this means that the product is suitable for people with sensitivities).

3. Be Gentle: The most common way to cause irritation is to apply products too aggressively. Choose a gentle face wash, toner or serum for your skin to avoid scratching and damaging it. If you find the scent of your cleanser, toner or serum is a bit strong, choose one without.

4. Watch What You Eat: Eating foods high in fat and sugar (particularly those rich in dairy) will affect the pH balance of your skin. This can leave it more likely to be red or flaky. If you are using a moisturiser, make sure that you keep the fat content of your food in check. Choose an unsalted butter-based moisturiser over a salad cream-based one.

5. Drink Plenty of Water: Drinking lots of water will improve your skin’s ability to remove toxins. Hydration levels are often depleted during the winter months when the sun’s rays are less, so make sure you drink eight glasses of water each day. If you want a more effective moisturiser, try using the moisturiser that comes with a tube of water.

This is an excellent article and its great to read that a lot of products have changed and been reviewed. i hope people will continue to look after there skin and i am going to purchase more products over the next couple of weeks

Great blog, thanks for sharing! Very informative and I really enjoyed reading it! I have always wondered about how some of my friends who have rosacea are able to use products with Parabens and other chemicals.

I agree that using products with harsh chemicals is the main cause of skin irritation. However, many of the products that are advertised as being “safe” can leave you looking like you have just spent a night in a rainforest. Many are full of fragrances that can leave your skin feeling dry and irritated. I believe that the best way to find a product is to look at the label and read what it

Thank you for your kind and nice suggestion.

Hey friends! Now that we're approaching winter, we can share some tips. Since my skin is sensitive, it is both very chapped and reddened in this season. Therefore, it is important to use a moisturizer, apply natural peeling, and keep the skin warm. I always wash my face with warm water in winter and treat it kindly. Do you have any other advice you can give me?

Latest posts

Back