Woo Hoo, all the HUGE Fall Mags!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Aw, it's that time of year again when all the mags roll out their blockbuster Fall issues!!! I love to see those inch thick magazines, don't you guys? I got my In Style today and that sucker is more than an inch thick! The Allure was pretty beefy...I haven't got the Vogue or others yet. And all the samples inside (especially if you subscribe--I think you get more samples in 'em). I love it!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

i got elle a few weeks ago.. mmmmm. soooo many pretty things to look at!

i gotta get the vogue. i usually don't because i forget.

allure was thick.

i love when they come out thier seaon magazines!

Originally Posted by Liz i got elle a few weeks ago.. mmmmm. soooo many pretty things to look at!
i gotta get the vogue. i usually don't because i forget.

allure was thick.

i love when they come out thier seaon magazines!

Fall is definitely my favorite time to read magazines, season-wise. I love looking for back-to-school inspiration!

I love the fall mags as well. Favourite season. Will have to pick up Instyle and Vogue.

Originally Posted by glamslam Aw, it's that time of year again when all the mags roll out their blockbuster Fall issues!!! I love to see those inch thick magazines, don't you guys? I got my In Style today and that sucker is more than an inch thick! The Allure was pretty beefy...I haven't got the Vogue or others yet. And all the samples inside (especially if you subscribe--I think you get more samples in 'em). I love it!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I don't think our magazines over here get as thick as yours do because we don't seem to have as many adverts, but our magazines tend to be more expensive (£3-£4 = $5.50-$7). I think our big Autumn/Fall issues tend to come out at the start of September, there's still a lot of summer stock and sale stuff in the shops at the moment.

Vogue 800 pages!?!?
icon_eek.gif
Now that's getting your money's worth right there! I forgot to mention Lucky's fall issue--it's a good one too!

I'm also a fall magazine lover, and when I was studying design I'd subscribe to all of them. But Vogue and Harper's Bazaar have always been a disappointment for me. If you're in design school and you need to make a collage of photos, then its perfect, but for the average person with an average income to buy clothes, I think Vogue and Bazaar are too far *out there*.

I bought Vogue again (I only buy the September issue) and true to its nature its 800 pages of advertisements.

I prefer Lucky, Shop, Allure, and In Style. Those have fashion AND stories to read. Glamour isn't bad either.

But personally I think Vogue is a waste of money.

Originally Posted by Amethyst But personally I think Vogue is a waste of money. Me too! It's full of adverts for clothes that you can't afford, and even if you could would never wear anyway. I think In Style, and Marie Claire get the fashion stuff spot on, Glamour's quite good too and it's dinky so you can put it in your handbag!

Oh no! I am so stopping by Target after work, I just got a new book though which I'm dying to read, oh well!
icon_cry.gif
Guess I'll just have to put that on the back burner. I guess I can read the mag on my lunch break though! Thanks for the info!
claps.gif

Latest posts

Back