work rant

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
this will be a pointless thread, but i need to vent because it made me feel like such crap!! i hope you all don't mind
icon_neutral.gif

wednesdays, there's only one cook at my job because we were never really busy, so the other one took off since he was working 7 days a week. we, surprisingly, got hit with all tables filled except for 3, at once. i was the only waitress, but i managed just fine and no one sat around waiting for me.

anyway, i felt really bad everyone was waiting a little longer than usual, of course.

there was this one table that wasn't mean, but they were very rude, if that makes sense. no manners. there were 2 little girls (not talking about them, they're little) and their parents, i'm guessing. i went up to the table to tell them that their food is coming up within the next 3 minutes and apologized for the wait.

i'm a very nice, friendly person, so when they nodded me off as if i wasn't there, i said nothing. i understood they were mad or whatever it was.

the got their food and everything was fine. i went back and checked on them at least 3 times while eating and each time, the guy (HE pissed me off) would just nod his head yes. he didn't say a word to me. i kept going back, anyway, smiling and asking how everything was, etc.

he asked for his check - and left me no tip because the kitchen was a little backed up, but it's the waitress's fault, right? i wanted to cry.

I think I understand your sitch...but unfortunately, allot of time the server takes the responsibility for the establishment's short comings. Now, that isn't to say that if the guy had an "issue", he should have asked for manager.

What kind of place is this? High end? or....

Originally Posted by Jennifer

this will be a pointless thread, but i need to vent because it made me feel like such crap!! i hope you all don't mind
icon_neutral.gif

wednesdays, there's only one cook at my job because we were never really busy, so the other one took off since he was working 7 days a week. we, surprisingly, got hit with all tables filled except for 3, at once. i was the only waitress, but i managed just fine and no one sat around waiting for me.

anyway, i felt really bad everyone was waiting a little longer than usual, of course.

there was this one table that wasn't mean, but they were very rude, if that makes sense. no manners. there were 2 little girls (not talking about them, they're little) and their parents, i'm guessing. i went up to the table to tell them that their food is coming up within the next 3 minutes and apologized for the wait.

i'm a very nice, friendly person, so when they nodded me off as if i wasn't there, i said nothing. i understood they were mad or whatever it was.

the got their food and everything was fine. i went back and checked on them at least 3 times while eating and each time, the guy (HE pissed me off) would just nod his head yes. he didn't say a word to me. i kept going back, anyway, smiling and asking how everything was, etc.

he asked for his check - and left me no tip because the kitchen was a little backed up, but it's the waitress's fault, right? i wanted to cry.

WOW! RUDE!
icon_evil.gif

For every bad customer, i am sure that your kindness might be the ONLY kindness some sad lonely person got in their entire day. Maybe that thought will help you get past these nasty people. Karma has a weird way of handling meanies.

Jerks they are... I could never do your job. I'd get fired.
icon_rolleyes.gif
Cuz i have a sharp tongue. Waitressing is really hard.. and i am ALWAYS nice to the servers at our diners.. they work WAY too hard!

Let it roll off your back, and remember what i said..

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) I think I understand your sitch...but unfortunately, allot of time the server takes the responsibility for the establishment's short comings. Now, that isn't to say that if the guy had an "issue", he should have asked for manager.
What kind of place is this? High end? or....

unfortunately, you're right about the server taking the responsibility, which sucks.
when i go out with family to eat, or friends, whatever, and something happens, but my server is sympathetic and nice and all that, it's common sense it's not that person's fault. i always leave more than 15%, even before i started waitressing and realized how it is! it's COMMON SENSE.

it's a burgerhouse. it's casual dress.

Originally Posted by MacForMe WOW! RUDE!
icon_evil.gif
For every bad customer, i am sure that your kindness might be the ONLY kindness some sad lonely person got in their entire day. Maybe that thought will help you get past these nasty people. Karma has a weird way of handling meanies.

Jerks they are... I could never do your job. I'd get fired.
icon_rolleyes.gif
Cuz i have a sharp tongue. Waitressing is really hard.. and i am ALWAYS nice to the servers at our diners.. they work WAY too hard!

Let it roll off your back, and remember what i said..

i know what you mean about a sharp tongue. i have a VERY bad temper. last week, i actually got in some customer's face because she made me mad and i've NEVER raised my voice at a customer in the 4 years i've been working in a restaurant, but she was the biggest witch. the manager just held me back. what a night
rolleyes.gif
she actually left me no tip, which was fine, but the next night, i made $80 on 5 tables. it's all karma, baby, because i did nothing wrong to get some lip from her
icon_cool.gif

thank you, though. you're so right
smile.gif

I'm so sorry to hear that. I think everyone needs to work in the service industry at some point in their life, so they understand what it is like behind the counter or in the servers shoes.

Originally Posted by Jennifer this will be a pointless thread, but i need to vent because it made me feel like such crap!! i hope you all don't mind
icon_neutral.gif

sorry those people were so rude. I´m always nice to waiters or SA-treat people how you want to be treated yourself is how I see it.
wink.gif

That sucks Jen. I hate rude people period. What I don't like at restaurants is that they ALWAYS seem to ask if things are going ok when my mouth is full. So I can never say anything, just give this weird nod. lol.

But I always say thanks and please and try to help them out like giving them the plates or something.

Originally Posted by Liz That sucks Jen. I hate rude people period. What I don't like at restaurants is that they ALWAYS seem to ask if things are going ok when my mouth is full. So I can never say anything, just give this weird nod. lol.
But I always say thanks and please and try to help them out like giving them the plates or something.

LOL!!! i alwaysssss watch out when someone's eating. i've done it a few times, without intending to do it, and i wanted to laugh LOL
you are sooo right, suzukigirl!

arielle, that's my motto, too
icon_cheesygrin.gif

i am sorry to here that
frown.gif
hope u feel better!

i use to be the only waitress and dishwasher and it was pure hell! i had to run back and fourth making sure eveyone was served, and there was enough clean dishes to serve
icon_mad.gif

and i don't know about other restaurants, but the restaurant i worked in, there was a tip box. and the manager divides it up equally among the employees. which is irriatting because the cashier gets the same amount as i do, when all she does is sit there all day!

Originally Posted by sugersoul i am sorry to here that
frown.gif
hope u feel better!
i use to be the only waitress and dishwasher and it was pure hell! i had to run back and fourth making sure eveyone was served, and there was enough clean dishes to serve
icon_mad.gif

and i don't know about other restaurants, but the restaurant i worked in, there was a tip box. and the manager divides it up equally among the employees. which is irriatting because the cashier gets the same amount as i do, when all she does is sit there all day!

oh, i do the dishes, too! either me or the cooks if their not busy. i couldn't believe it!
that's crazy about spliting the tips. i did that at my last job, but it was with the busboy (he got 15%) and one other waitress. here at this job, i keep my own tips.

Damn Jen, that sucks! I'm like you though - I'd still try to be nice, although inside I'm cursing them like a truck driver!!! Sometimes people tell me that I'm too nice and that I get walked on... but oh well - hopefully this karma stuff is true, because that means I'll be livin' large in the future!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I can't believe they didn't leave a tip... thats just so rude. I would be so embarassed if people I was with didn't leave a tip... or a cheap one... - just not right.
icon_evil.gif

Ohh honey, some people are just cruel. I don't care how the food is for me I always leave the tip for the person who takes care of our table. Hope he gets what he deserves
icon_evil.gif
icon_evil.gif
You have every right to vent and that's what is nice about here
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by Jennifer this will be a pointless thread, but i need to vent because it made me feel like such crap!! i hope you all don't mind
icon_neutral.gif

Well Jennifer I'd just like to second what everyone else said! It's clear you are a nice, upbeat person and did NOT deserve this kind of treatment! Isn't it weird how some people go through life thinking their crap behavior is acceptable? I always wonder what their parents were like...
icon_frown.gif

Originally Posted by glamslam Well Jennifer I'd just like to second what everyone else said! It's clear you are a nice, upbeat person and did NOT deserve this kind of treatment! Isn't it weird how some people go through life thinking their crap behavior is acceptable? I always wonder what their parents were like...
icon_frown.gif
Probably had the same crappy stuck up attitutes that they apparently passed on to their kids!!!
icon_evil.gif

He was very rude! Next time I'm eating out I would love to have you as the waitress. I can't remember any waitress ever coming over and acknowledging and apologizing for the food taking longer. Usually they just ignore it and the customer is left asking where is the food. The customer you had obviously knows nothing about anything. Don't give. Keep up the good work!!! With your manners and attitude you will do great no matter what job you will have!!!!

Very well said, Reija. Keep up the good work Jennifer.
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) He was very rude! Next time I'm eating out I would love to have you as the waitress. I can't remember any waitress ever coming over and acknowledging and apologizing for the food taking longer. Usually they just ignore it and the customer is left asking where is the food. The customer you had obviously knows nothing about anything. Don't give. Keep up the good work!!! With your manners and attitude you will do great no matter what job you will have!!!!

thanks, everyone! i'm really glad to know other people's opinions because i started to think maybe i was just crazy.

well, i definitely believe in karma. i went back to work tonight since that happened (called out yesterday because i was sick) and guess what? i had no more than 15 tables, worked 5.5 hours, and came home with $130
biggrin.gif
i had the best tippers LOL

Originally Posted by Jennifer thanks, everyone! i'm really glad to know other people's opinions because i started to think maybe i was just crazy.
well, i definitely believe in karma. i went back to work tonight since that happened (called out yesterday because i was sick) and guess what? i had no more than 15 tables, worked 5.5 hours, and came home with $130
biggrin.gif
i had the best tippers LOL

There ya go!!! Good job!
wink.gif

Latest posts

Back